LaMDA Sentient?

Page 3 - For the science geek in everyone, Live Science breaks down the stories behind the most interesting news and photos on the Internet.
You bet. I believe physical force and the physical reaction to that force as the table for reality.

Force is produce with the displacement of a physical entity. There are physical mass entities and non mass physical entities. Particle mass entities and mass-less EM field entities.

Space is the lack of physical entity. It has no properties that can be varied. The space around this mass universe has a small blanket of orphan EM fields, called static. This static is from mass, not space.

And time is omnipresent and absolute to all physical entities. Space has no time. Only displacement of an entity has time....all displacement has the same time reference. All mass everywhere in this universe has the same time.....from the very beginning to the very end.

From this, comes a physical narrative for mass, which is basically a confined displacement.

What causes displacement? The self repulsiveness of the electric field, is the prime driver of ALL displacement. This property of the electric field is the source of energy of a particle.

Mass is inertia, it's only a property of a particle, mass is not an entity. Charge is not a property of mass, mass is a property of charge.

Charge and the EM field from it, is the ONLY physical entity in this entire universe. One universe from one entity.

Edit: and....there is only one physical structure in this universe. All other structures are combinations of this one structure.

Last edited:
Reactions: write4u
You bet. I believe physical force and the physical reaction to that force as the table for reality.
Force is produce with the displacement of a physical entity. There are physical mass entities and non mass physical entities. Particle mass entities and mass-less EM field entities.
Can we say "dynamical physical forces"?
Space is the lack of physical entity. It has no properties that can be varied. The space around this mass universe has a small blanket of orphan EM fields, called static. This static is from mass, not space.
Does this field contain non-physical "values" from which physical values sontaneous ly emerge? (Chaos Theory)?
And time is omnipresent and absolute to all physical entities. Space has no time. Only displacement of an entity has time....all displacement has the same time reference. All mass everywhere in this universe has the same time.....from the very beginning to the very end.
I agree.
I see this as: time emerging along with "duration of existence" , a "world line" .
From this, comes a physical narrative for mass, which is basically a confined displacement.
I agree.
I see mass as "dynamical physical patterns of various densities and relational values".
What causes displacement? The self repulsiveness of the electric field, is the prime driver of ALL displacement. This property of the electric field is the source of energy of a particle.
But not all the exact same energy . Energy is separable by "relational values", i.e. differential equations?
Mass is inertia, it's only a property of a particle, mass is not an entity. Charge is not a property of mass, mass is a property of charge.
All these properties have unique measurable relational "values", no?
Charge and the EM field from it, is the ONLY physical entity in this entire universe. One universe from one entity.
But local dynamics create different "local relational values"?
Edit: and....there is only one physical structure in this universe. All other structures are combinations of this one structure.
And in living organisms, there is one common denominator that is able to respond to both kinetic force , i.e. gravity, and EM forces, i.e. "potential" ..

I believe this denominator is the microtubule networks of the cytoskeleton, cytoplasm, and neural network (brain) in ALL extant and past Eukaryotic life

It is the measuring mechasnism of all physical differential equations that physical body is exposed to during its existence in its environment.?
This is what intrigued Roger Penrose and inspired his collaboration with Hameroff in researching the actual physical causal functions provided by the microtubules and related filaments.

I also believe that this is where Tegmark's emergent property of conscious sentience originates.

Note;
These are probing statements that attempt to translate physical forces into equivalent relational values that "determine" the chronology of relational causal results, during which time emerges as a secondary measurement of duration.?

I'm sure you've noticed my use of the generic term "relational values" that humans have discovered, symbolized, and codified into human mathematics.

Last edited:
I see where google has fired that engineer.

For me, the term force implies motion or a dynamic.

Nature does not use non physical values. The concept of probability, randomness and chaos..........comes from the observation and the attempted rationalization of a flux. A flux has always fooled the hell out of science.....to this day it makes science stupid. It gave us local time, the constant speed of c, spacetime, and the false particles of CERN.....all false narratives. And all from flux. A mathematician should never be allowed around any flux.

A flux is a multi entity, entity. It expresses not only the entities dynamic.....but forms a collective dynamic super-positioned with the fundamental dynamics. If you try to study an unknown via a flux, your stupid.

Flux is why science measures c, and they believe it to be constant. But using light to measure light is the worse thing one can do. Because it is a flux, and a flux is always an average result. Our science has been measuring light in the wrong manner for one hundred years.

Mass is confined momentum. It can be varied.

"But not all the exact same energy . Energy is separable by "relational values", i.e. differential equations?"
Not sure what that means. Calculus is not necessary for the understanding of the dynamic and the structure of matter. Energy is the amount of motion or displacement a physical entity has. Any and all, motion is energy. Mass is confined motion. Rotational confined motion. Confined momentum.

"All these properties have unique measurable relational "values", no?"
What does relational values mean? Do you mean quantum steps?

"But local dynamics create different "local relational values"?"
What the heck is a relational value? And what is a local relational value?

"And in living organisms, there is one common denominator that is able to respond to both kinetic force , i.e. gravity, and EM forces, i.e. "potential" "

I was afraid that you were going to do that. Life is NOT natural. I do not study it. Life modifies and modulates nature. Man will never discern life.

Physical life is made from matter, but it does not emerge from it. Life is more than natural matter. Life is more than the physical. Don't mix it in with the discernment of nature........LIFE IS A FLUX......stay away from it.

"I'm sure you've noticed my use of the generic term "relational values" that humans have discovered, symbolized, and codified into human mathematics."
I have notice the term, but have no idea what it means. There is no magic. Nothing pops in, and pops out, of existence.

Quantum foam.......you guessed it....comes from static FLUX. Ignore it.

One can work with and use a flux, but don't use it for exploration or explanation of an unknown. You will waste billions $ if you do. CERN is a false sconce trying to make sense out of dissolving charge fragments. So stupid.

A particle is a mechanically and electrically tuned circuit. They can only be tuned to certain frequencies(quantum levels). An atom is a tuned charge circuit. They should not be described with energy levels......they should be described with frequency. And the spectrums they produce. All physical entities can be described and cataloged with frequency.

The narrative for light and gravity can only be developed AFTER the structure is known for the source of light and gravity. Matter.

And the true dynamic of light will surprise the crap out of you. It is not what you and I have been taught. And it is NOT what the antenna/emission simulations portray.

If you have an electronic background, I can show you some amazing antenna experiments. Simple and very contradictory of Maxwell and Einstein.

Light is NOT a wave.

Not sure what that means. Calculus is not necessary for the understanding of the dynamic and the structure of matter. Energy is the amount of motion or displacement a physical entity has. Any and all, motion is energy. Mass is confined motion. Rotational confined motion. Confined momentum.
I'll keep it real simple, but to me that sentence presents a contradiction. Calculus IS necessary if you are going to use terms like "amount".

Amount is not a quality, it is a relational quantity, a generic mathematical value.

There are two types of motion or displacement. A change in position is displacement OR a change in orientation, a torque/tilt or a rotation is displacement too.

Does the 1 meter drop of a bowling ball have the same amount of displacement as a 1 meter drop of a marble? Displacement and motion is much more than just velocity or length or even time. Motion has density and momentum too. Motion is a force.

A "relational quantity" is just a ratio. Using another value as a scale or reference. There is nothing special about a ratio. Everything is or can be a ratio-ed.

Completely un-related entities or properties can have ratios. Math can do that.

Math is without question our most abused tool. Math gives endless paths and endless solutions, matter physicality gives only one. The same constant one.

Mathematics is not needed to understand nature. Nature is simple. Simplicity is not only the hardest to detect and discern, is the hardest to accept.

Mathematics is not needed to understand nature. Nature is simple. Simplicity is not only the hardest to detect and discern, is the hardest to accept.
And the easiest way of representing it is via mathematics!

Mathematics offers that very simplicity that allows us to understand the nature of the universe.
As ex-accountant, I can testify to the simple elegance of mathematical functions in representing complex organization and activities.

I believe we can agree that there is "a tendency for order".
Certain regularities that are present, ubiquitous and observable.

Regularity and order are properties of abstract mathematical functions. It allows for the symbolization and codification of "regular" and "differential" equations that explain the how of universal dynamics and functional mechanics.

We call the study of the physical world "physics", but physics is mathematical in essence. There is order to physics. That order is mathematical in essence.

Without mathematics there is no physics., but only a belief in magic.
And history has taught us that is how that belief in magic came long before the understanding of stochastic mathematical regularities that shape physical reality.

Chaos theory fundamentally identifies the mathematical nature of spacetime.
Chaos theory is an interdisciplinary scientific theory and branch of mathematics focused on underlying patterns and deterministic laws of dynamical systems, that are highly sensitive to initial conditions, that were once thought to have completely random states of disorder and irregularities.
Chaos theory states that within the apparent randomness of chaotic complex systems, there are underlying patterns, interconnection, constant feedback loops, repetition, self-similarity, fractals, and self-organization.[2]
Those are mathematical properties, regardless of human observation.

But they are mathematical concepts and can be mathematically codified.

Human maths are merely symbolic representations of "how the universe works". We say mathematics are approximations of the relational values that determine how things work and that is true.

Nature is much more subtle than our crude mathematical representation, but there is a "reasonable effectiveness" to human interpretation of the Universal generic mathematical functions based on our observation of measurable inherent relational values and their mathematically predictable interactions.

From what I know about Science is that it is based on observation of regularly occurring phenomena. Most cosmologists admit that they don't invent mathematics but discover them from observation.

Tegmark observes that all scientists admit that the universe has some mathematical properties.
He merely extends this notion to: "the universe has only mathematical properties".

And once that concept is accepted it solves almost all philosophical questions that have plagued mankind for the past several millennia.

IMO a mathematical universe needs no motivated intelligence or designer, it offers a deterministically creative quasi-intelligence, based on the mathematical laws of "necessity and sufficiency" under dynamical conditions.

IMO, the universe is a logical object and that geometry requires a generic (not man-made) mathematical structure. The rest is pure symbolic representation of inherent relational values (potentials) and mathematically ordered processes.

Last edited:
Question:
If an AI can write the code of its own thought processes, is it more self-aware than humans who have no clue how about their own thought processes.?

When an AI posits that it is self-aware, is it telling the truth or is it lying?
If it is telling the truth are humans equipped to make a judgement as to the "level of sentience"?