Lacotferrin and Zinc Covid-19 Treatment

Apr 5, 2020
Visit site
Any body know of Lactoferrin (Apolactoferrin) and Zinc Gluconicum being tried to treat Covid-19 virus? Anecdotal slim evidence, I used 300 mg of Lactoferrin with 11 mg of zinc four times a day for four days. I had come down with what seamed a strange illness on March 2nd. I had a little sore throat with bad body aches and fever, which was followed by a dry cough.
I started the treatment as soon as I got the throat symptoms, within two days the aches and fever were gone and the cough lasted another 3 days.

Apr 7, 2020
Visit site
Hi, there. We discourage discussing any actual treatment options or methods without consulting with a medical professional.
In many cases, I find that I can do a better job myself than a medical professional.
I have cured myself of life-threatening infections with non-allopathic methods. The doctors had no definite solutions. In one case I told my doctor how I cured it. That doctor now tells patients to use that method.
Here are some examples of success:
Probiotic to cure deadly C-defile infection
Olive oil in the ear to cure a life-threatening infection.
Mullein tea to cure persistent cough that won't go away after several visits.
I use fenugreek one teaspoonful every day to keep pre-diabetes under control.
I get rid of pimples in one or two days using a black walnut extract.
I get rid of flu or cold infections in one to two days with some antiviral herbal remedy. It used to take several weeks until I found this.
You do need medical help when something cannot be cured without surgery but there are times you can save your life with self-cure if you know how to do it.
I am not a doctor so I cannot advise anybody except my immediate family.
If you ask a doctor about alternative medicine, there is very little chance they know anything about it and they generally have no interest.

Reactions: EastofMaeWest

SHaines

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 12, 2019
Visit site
In many cases, I find that I can do a better job myself than a medical professional.

In the specific instances you cite, it's good to hear you've had specific successes with a homeopathic approach. Just keep in mind that correlation isn't causation. That is to say, taking something while sick, then getting better, could simply be that the specific condition ran it's course and wasn't necessarily "cured" by the home treatment.

However, what's being discussed in this thread is specific to coronavirus. If modern medical science develops a cure for this particular virus and it's based on walnut extract, that would be a massive win for the world. The impact this illness is having on the world in economic terms, as well as in the cost of human life, is much higher than any potential profits made by pharmaceutical companies.

Folks are free to take whatever steps they are comfortable with to handle their own medical issues, but we just don't allow them to post anything as a cure for coronavirus without it being supported by verifiable, reproducible clinical studies.

Apr 7, 2020
Visit site
In the specific instances you cite, it's good to hear you've had specific successes with a homeopathic approach. Just keep in mind that correlation isn't causation. That is to say, taking something while sick, then getting better, could simply be that the specific condition ran it's course and wasn't necessarily "cured" by the home treatment.

However, what's being discussed in this thread is specific to coronavirus. If modern medical science develops a cure for this particular virus and it's based on walnut extract, that would be a massive win for the world. The impact this illness is having on the world in economic terms, as well as in the cost of human life, is much higher than any potential profits made by pharmaceutical companies.

Folks are free to take whatever steps they are comfortable with to handle their own medical issues, but we just don't allow them to post anything as a cure for coronavirus without it being supported by verifiable, reproducible clinical studies.
I am not posting any cure for coronavirus because I have not contracted it. If I do later, I have some ideas in mind which I think might work only if used soon after the infection.
The experiences I stated had repeated success. The cures given to me by the medical profession had repeated failures. For many years I turned a blind eye to alternative medicines and I admit many alternative medicines do not work. It takes some experimentation and a lot of research (surveying others for their experiences) to find what works and what is hearsay. One thing I am sure of is I was not cured because the sickness ran its course because with me it never runs its course without intervention.

Apr 5, 2020
Visit site
I would like to comment on, and clarify where apolactoferrin and zinc comes from. The apolactoferrin is derived from milk whey. The more concise way would be to call it bovine apolactoferrin, (blf). Are body produces its own lactoferrin, which has differences from blf. They two lactoferrins do share a large commonality.
If your going to put some compound is your system, using one that is related to a natural compound and has a GRAS certification seems less likely to cause problems. Research papers on lactoferrin is rich in history and wide spread. The various investigations of lacteferrins have covered, antibactrial, antivirus, cancer treatment amoung others. Commercial applications noted are for meat treatment, acne treatment and others I have not looked into.
Comparing current compounds, Hydroxychloroquine has a molecular weight of 335 versus aproximate molecular weight of 76,000 to 78,000 for blf. What I see is a gecko versus Godzilla. Not that Godzilla is stronger than a gecko just finer targeting. Godzilla has parts and functions that may do the same thing in narrow cases, but Godzilla can do more things with the functional parts than a gecko. Working in tune with the immune system is a lactoferrin bonus. A human mothers colostrum has a level of 5 to 7 gm/l level of lactoferrin, which had to make on wonder why such elevated levels, "protection".
I'm not going to comment on Zinc at this time. I am very leary of homeopathic, and naturopathic remedies,
I'm just looking for research into my walnut extract, (that is a joke for the overly serious). I'm am retired and tired of the way a very small microbe effects me and the rest of the world.

Apr 5, 2020
Visit site
1. AN OVERVIEW ON THE ANTIVIRAL ACTIVITY OF LACTOFERRIN
PAULA ECATERINA FLORIAN1,*, MIHAELA TRIF1, ROBERT W. EVANS2, ANCA ROŞEANU1 1 Institute of Biochemistry of the Romanian Academy, Spl. Independentei 296, Bucharest 17, Romania 2 Division of Biosciences, Brunel University, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 3PH, UK

2. Zn2+ Inhibits Coronavirus and Arterivirus RNA Polymerase Activity I n V i t r o and Zinc Ionophores Block the Replication of These Viruses in Cell Culture
Aartjan J. W. te Velthuis1, Sjoerd H. E. van den Worm1, Amy C. Sims2, Ralph S. Baric2, Eric J. Snijder1*, Martijn J. van Hemert1*
1Molecular Virology Laboratory, Department of Medical Microbiology, Center of Infectious Diseases, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands, 2Departments of Epidemiology and Microbiology and Immunology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States of America

3. Bovine Lactoferrin Prevents Influenza A Virus Infection by Interfering with the Fusogenic Function of Viral Hemagglutinin
Fabiana Superti 1,* , Mariangela Agamennone 2 , Agostina Pietrantoni 1,3 and Maria Grazia Ammendolia 1 1 National Centre for Innovative Technologies in Public Health, National Institute of Health, Viale Regina Elena 299, 00161 Rome, Italy; agostina.pietrantoni@iss.it (A.P.); maria.ammendolia@iss.it (M.G.A.) 2 Department of Pharmacy, University “G. d’Annunzio”, Via dei Vestini 31, 66100 Chieti, Italy; m.agamennone@unich.it 3 Core Facilities, National Institute of Health, Viale Regina Elena 299, 00161 Rome, Italy

4. Lactoferrin from Milk: Nutraceutical and Pharmacological Properties
Francesco Giansanti 1,2,*, Gloria Panella 1, Loris Leboffe 3 and Giovanni Antonini 2,3 1 Department of Health, Life and Environmental Sciences, University of L’Aquila, L’Aquila I-67100, Italy; gloria.panella86@gmail.com 2 Interuniversity Consortium on Biostructures and Biosystems INBB, Rome I-00136, Italy;

5. Lactoferrin as potential preventative and treatment for COVID-19
Raymond Chang1, Wei-Zen Sun2, and Tzi Bun Ng3 1Institute of East-West Medicine 2National Taiwan University Hospital 3Chinese University of Hong Kong
April 4, 2020

6. A structural perspective on lactoferrin function
Heather M. Baker and Edward N. Baker
H.M. Baker and E.N. Baker. School of Biological Sciences, University of Auckland, Private Bag 92019, Auckland, New Zealand.

In #5 reference in the discussion they refer to zinc saturated bovine apolacotferrin as a possible treatment.

May 15, 2020
Visit site
Hi, there. We discourage discussing any actual treatment options or methods without consulting with a medical professional.
I find it disappointing that nobody will allow talk of treatment, to talk about the science behind the treatment they are asking about. I left a cancer support group which absurdly restricted us from talking to each other about treatment, so it was a pointless group with no real support. To me you should actively support that discussion with real science. I mean, if the Absurdity in our nation's capital can say deadly and silly treatments in public, we should be able to talk about this. There's little reason to discuss science here if we aren't going to discuss the most relevant and interesting aspects of the science.

Jun 25, 2020
Visit site

Cause and correlation is left out in this entire episode of Covid-19. There is very little, if any, quantitative causation or correlation of mitigating Covid-19 via face mask or social distancing. I am using social distancing as in the new definition of 6 feet; we use to social distance on our own quite effectively by understanding when someone is sick... stay away from them. Fauci lied to the public about face mask early on... he later explained that he lied because he did not want the face masks to be used by the public at the expense of Health Care Workers. That sounds Noble but the Health Care System does not get their face mask from Home Depot, Walgreens, CVS, et al. Hospitals actually have a Supply Chain which is separate from the general public and in no way does Home Depot interfere with medical distribution whatsoever. Now that Fauci is on record with his lying... why would we believe him going forward?

Apr 5, 2020
Visit site
Cause and correlation is left out in this entire episode of Covid-19. There is very little, if any, quantitative causation or correlation of mitigating Covid-19 via face mask or social distancing. I am using social distancing as in the new definition of 6 feet; we use to social distance on our own quite effectively by understanding when someone is sick... stay away from them. Fauci lied to the public about face mask early on... he later explained that he lied because he did not want the face masks to be used by the public at the expense of Health Care Workers. That sounds Noble but the Health Care System does not get their face mask from Home Depot, Walgreens, CVS, et al. Hospitals actually have a Supply Chain which is separate from the general public and in no way does Home Depot interfere with medical distribution whatsoever. Now that Fauci is on record with his lying... why would we believe him going forward?
This treatment is not homeopathic. The amount of research done is vast and world wide. A lot of research in
Japan, China, New Zealand, Australia, US, Spain, Italy, and many others including the Mid East.
Different groups of researchers have suggested Lactoferrin for Covid-19 treatment. There is not big
money to be made with a purified milk protein and Zinc compared to drugs like Remdesivir. The supply of
bovine apo lacteferrin could also be an issue. Recombinant human lactoferrin would not be as effective as
bovine lactoferrin.
I don't put a gold standard with one person treated, I and others think that Lactoferrin could play a role
in covid-19 treatment. Of interest the Chinese recently purchased a large quantity of Lactoferrin from
Australia. Never know what could happen long term.

Apr 5, 2020
Visit site
Any body know of Lactoferrin (Apolactoferrin) and Zinc Gluconicum being tried to treat Covid-19 virus? Anecdotal slim evidence, I used 300 mg of Lactoferrin with 11 mg of zinc four times a day for four days. I had come down with what seamed a strange illness on March 2nd. I had a little sore throat with bad body aches and fever, which was followed by a dry cough.
I started the treatment as soon as I got the throat symptoms, within two days the aches and fever were gone and the cough lasted another 3 days.
Update: 8/3/2020 Three Lactoferrin trials planned in Egypt. https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04412395