Kids do get the coronavirus — they just don't get as sick

I'm not good with message boards so bear with me. What if this virus is a manmade bioweapon virus and they somehow designed it in a way that it cannot affect the younger cell structure of children. There has to be a reason because the old and young are usually the first to be hard hit and it is barely affecting children at all. I find it odd the Media just has dismissed that as if it isn't interesting or important. Also- it's popping up in places where NOONE has left to be exposed to virus, so maybe terrorists are spreading it discreetly in many places.

Reactions: timtak
Mar 6, 2020
Visit site
It seems that you may have been misinformed by a faulty news article. I doubt that a terrorist group would have the technology and skill required to do such a thing, and terrorists thrive on publicity. If this was a bioweapon, we would have had a terrorist group take responsibility for it- and then probably make some demands, threatening to release more if they are not met. Also, what reason would a terrorist have to not infect children? The same type of fanatics who can set bombs and kill hundreds would not have such qualms.

Reactions: ColinJD
Dec 7, 2019
Visit site
NOTHING from China can be trusted. They murdered or "disappeared" all the doctors and nurses who blew the whistle about this disaster, and now treat their citizens like cattle, locking them inside apartments with welded barriers, and both eye-witnesses and videos show horrid abuse of violent police against ordinary people merely suspected of being "carriers". Has "Live Science" gone so far to the Leftist side that they will become a carrier of Red Chinese propaganda? You talk about "conspiracy theory", but the push in China today is to down-play what's going on while, at the same time, being viciously brutal to their "subjects". This makes it nearly impossible to judge what is true infectious disease versus hysterial murderous attitudes on the part of the Chinese communist thugs!

I'm not good with message boards so bear with me. What if this virus is a manmade bioweapon virus and they somehow designed it in a way that it cannot affect the younger cell structure of children. There has to be a reason because the old and young are usually the first to be hard hit and it is barely affecting children at all. I find it odd the Media just has dismissed that as if it isn't interesting or important. Also- it's popping up in places where NOONE has left to be exposed to virus, so maybe terrorists are spreading it discreetly in many places.
It seems that you may have been misinformed by a faulty news article. I doubt that a terrorist group would have the technology and skill required to do such a thing, and terrorists thrive on publicity. If this was a bioweapon, we would have had a terrorist group take responsibility for it- and then probably make some demands, threatening to release more if they are not met. Also, what reason would a terrorist have to not infect children? The same type of fanatics who can set bombs and kill hundreds would not have such qualms.

I have read NO ARTICLE AND BEEN MISINFORMED. I'm a big girl and can read articles and take from them what I choose. The reason small children do not get this as badly as adults--this is the clue. Figure that out and we will be much closer to a vaccine. As far as terrorists love to claim their catastrophic deeds....my brother, his wife and 2 cousins died in the major TWA flight in 96. There are several books claiming this was the first act of terrorism and most of the families never bought the static in center fuel tank neat and tidy story . So maybe terrorists don't WANT any light shed on them until they finish what they're up to. Look, I'm just saying OPEN MINDS solve problems--going on old information is reinventing the wheel. Maybe a group wants all old people and middle agers to be cut down population wise. Children are impressionable and would be easier to force into communism or whatever it may be. They're young, strong and easily impressionable compared to adults If this is what this virus is--I'm guarantying you they have thousands of vaccines ready and waiting to end this pandemic. . And to make you think I'm even more stupid----this 3-4% death rate is WAY TOO LOW. That is a crock. This is doubling daily. The virus will kill THOUSANDS in poverty stricken places like Africa. It will probably mutate and become more and more deadly and strong. When this is all said and done, I see the death rate at more like 20% of those infected. So shred me again on this hypothesis . I can take it.

Mar 6, 2020
Visit site
I have read NO ARTICLE AND BEEN MISINFORMED. I'm a big girl and can read articles and take from them what I choose. The reason small children do not get this as badly as adults--this is the clue. Figure that out and we will be much closer to a vaccine. As far as terrorists love to claim their catastrophic deeds....my brother, his wife and 2 cousins died in the major TWA flight in 96. There are several books claiming this was the first act of terrorism and most of the families never bought the static in center fuel tank neat and tidy story . So maybe terrorists don't WANT any light shed on them until they finish what they're up to. Look, I'm just saying OPEN MINDS solve problems--going on old information is reinventing the wheel. Maybe a group wants all old people and middle agers to be cut down population wise. Children are impressionable and would be easier to force into communism or whatever it may be. They're young, strong and easily impressionable compared to adults If this is what this virus is--I'm guarantying you they have thousands of vaccines ready and waiting to end this pandemic. . And to make you think I'm even more stupid----this 3-4% death rate is WAY TOO LOW. That is a crock. This is doubling daily. The virus will kill THOUSANDS in poverty stricken places like Africa. It will probably mutate and become more and more deadly and strong. When this is all said and done, I see the death rate at more like 20% of those infected. So shred me again on this hypothesis . I can take it.
I have no problem with with open minds, but it seems you have jumped to conclusions. Why would a 3-4% death rate be "WAY TOO LOW", as you put it? And how would a low death rate be evidence towards a terrorist strike? Besides, working with viruses like this would be very expensive and require funds and machinery that no terrorist organization that we know of has access to. Terrorists, specifically, require publicity to be effective. Even more than bombs and guns, fear is what they use.

Mar 9, 2020
Visit site
Kids seem unlikely to become dangerously ill from the new coronavirus, but they do get infected. Kids do get the coronavirus — they just don't get as sick : Read more
I am not connected with medicine in any way.

There is a hypothesis called the "flight as fever" hypothesis, which currently contested by some in vitro research on bat filoviruses showing that they do not die when heated) that bats, who have WEAK immune systems, defend against pathogens because they get hot when they fly. It is as if they have a fever on a daily basis.

It is also well known that children have higher fevers and the paper below says that fever decreases by .15 degrees Celsius per decade of age (I am not connected with medicine).

I know that the World Health Organization says that having a hot bath will not help and I am not connected with medicine.
because they claim that body temperature does not vary even if you do take a hot bath, and very hot baths can be dangerous.

But, here in Japan in the land of hot springs (onsen) there is research to show that a 42 degree hand bath for ten minutes increases body temperature by 0.15 degrees Celsius. (This research is in Japanese but the graphs are in English. See figure 2)

The 1918 influenza was a different disease but traditional (i.e. no modern) practitioners used and recommended foot baths and hot drinks

There is a Welsh guy in Wuhan that contracted the disease and drank hot drinks (hot toddies). He says that the hot toddies were not much use but he kept drinking them till his whisky ran out.

The WHO gives, as far as I am aware, zero advice on treatment, only on prevention. I am not connected with medicine in any way whatsoever, but despite the WHO's warning that hot baths are useless and a false rumor, if I our my family members do get infected in a situation where the local modern medical centres are overrun, I will take, or recommend that they take, a hot bath keep their feet or hands hot. Obviously not so hot that that it burns us. I am in no way connected with medicine.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2020
Visit site

I take your point. It is just a tiny bit suspicious, because, for me even if some one was so callous as to use a viral weapon, they still might want to to use one that did not effect the most innocent members of society: children.

However, the 1918 influenza effected the old and young less, and those in between more due to their immune systems being the most healthy, and reacting too much to the new pathogen. The Wired article suggests that perhaps children have cleaner lungs, runnier mucus, less immune response, or perhaps a better immune response to coronaviruses (as colds that they catch at school presumably).

I suggest here (link) that another possibility is that children (like the original hosts, bats) tend to get hot fevers, hotter than older people anyway, when infected and this may reduce the severity of the illness though I am in no way connected with medicine and attempting to heating yourself may be impossible (as announced by the WHO), and heating up too much kills many (more?) people too.

People who take too hot baths for too long can suffer from heat stroke, organ failure, especially liver failure, sepsis and death (which seems to come before the "burns" that the WHO mention). People have died from organ failure as a result of spending too long in a 40C bath. I plan to heat my feet using some sort of electric heater, rather than a foot bath, if I get it.

Apropos of nothing....
The Japanese (I am in Japan) think that they are really hygienic and they are right in the main, but there was a guy reading magazines in my local convenience store, coughing without a mask or elbow. I kept my distance, wore a mask, washed my hands, face, and gargled when I got home, but even so I am scared. I would hate to be the person that buys the magazine that he was reading for free.

Last edited:
I take your point. It is just a tiny bit suspicious, because, for me even if some one was so callous as to use a viral weapon, they still might want to to use one that did not effect the most innocent members of society: children.

However, the 1918 influenza effected the old and young less, and those in between more due to their immune systems being the most healthy, and reacting too much to the new pathogen. The article suggests that perhaps children have cleaner lungs, runnier mucus, less immune response, or perhaps a better immune response to coronaviruses (as colds that they catch at school presumably).

I suggest here (link) that another possibility is that children (like the original hosts, bats) tend to get hot, hotter than older people anyway, when infected and this may kill the virus though I am in no way connected with medicine and attempting to heating yourself may be impossible (as announced by the WHO), and heating up too much kills many (more?) people too.
I don'[t know why but i STRONGLY feel it has something to do with difference in cell structure in babies and children as being different make up than adults. Or maybe again--their pumped full of vaccines and the older people may have a lower resistance due to ageing and vaccines much less prevalent in their bodies. I believe looking into stem cell related vaccines may have a viable possibility. I think it is our FIRST and BEST clue. Why aren't babies and children affected not much if any and healthy 50-60 year olds drop dead in 2 days. This is the missing piece of puzzle.

Mar 9, 2020
Visit site
I don'[t know why but i STRONGLY feel it has something to do with difference in cell structure in babies and children as being different make up than adults. Or maybe again--their pumped full of vaccines and the older people may have a lower resistance due to ageing and vaccines much less prevalent in their bodies. I believe looking into stem cell related vaccines may have a viable possibility. I think it is our FIRST and BEST clue. Why aren't babies and children affected not much if any and healthy 50-60 year olds drop dead in 2 days. This is the missing piece of puzzle.

I think you are right to say that children are giving us an important clue. But, you don't think my fever temperature explanation is any good then? Not only are the fevers of the old colder, but their colder feers co-varies with their lower resistance to disease, even though the old generally have more antibodies.

I did not notice the children, but got the clue from a bat caregive who told me about the "flight as fever" hypothesis. Bats have a weak immune system but for some reason they are okay with, or generally survive, Ebola, SARS and nCov. This may be because they heat treat the viruses they get in flight when horseshoe bats, the original hosts reach 41C / 105F.

This does not mean that they kill the viruses -- they remain infected but.....

There is other research (link) that predicts that 2019-nCov will become less virulent when the weather warms up. The paper (below) argues that while 2019-nCov needs higher temperatures to kill (as the WHO say, "60C") but that it can't bind at higher temperatures so

"**That means that 2019-nCoV will be much more temperature-sensitive in terms of human infection than SARS-CoV**. With the rising temperature, 2019-nCoV is expected to decrease its infection ability much faster than SARS-CoV, and get controlled more easily. "

The temperature that the paper is talking about is climatic temperature, but I don't see why it does not apply to body temperature as well (but I am not a doctor, so I would not see why, perhaps)
www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.02.17.952903v1.abstract

In a Sauna it is said (on the net (link), not a peer reviewed paper or anything)
"Whilst in the sauna, the temperature of your skin rises faster and differently to the temperature inside your body, which never actually increases by more than 1-2°C. "
That may not sound like a lot but 2 Celsius is the equivalent of raising a weak (old person's) 38 C fever to a raging one of 40C such as usually only only experienced by children.

I have tweeted to the WHO but I don't expect a response. If there are any doctors here please be so kind as to share your opinion.

However, the 1918 influenza effected the old and young less, and those in between more due to their immune systems being the most healthy, and reacting too much to the new pathogen. The Wired article suggests that perhaps children have cleaner lungs, runnier mucus, less immune response, or perhaps a better immune response to coronaviruses (as colds that they catch at school presumably).

I suggest here (link) that another possibility is that children (like the original hosts, bats) tend to get hot fevers, hotter than older people anyway, when infected and this may reduce the severity of the illness though I am in no way connected with medicine and attempting to heating yourself may be impossible (as announced by the WHO), and heating up too much kills many (more?) people too.

People who take too hot baths for too long can suffer from heat stroke, organ failure, especially liver failure, sepsis and death (which seems to come before the "burns" that the WHO mention). People have died from organ failure as a result of spending too long in a 40C bath. I plan to heat my feet using some sort of electric heater, rather than a foot bath, if I get it.

Apropos of nothing....
The Japanese (I am in Japan) think that they are really hygienic and they are right in the main, but there was a guy reading magazines in my local convenience store, coughing without a mask or elbow. I kept my distance, wore a mask, washed my hands, face, and gargled when I got home, but even so I am scared. I would hate to be the person that buys the magazine that he was reading for free.
I had a similar experience in Walmart. The woman was ILL. She had no mask on but when she got outside she put on a ski mask with only her eyes showing. She also seemed to keep her head down in line as if to not be seen on the cameras. Anyway--yes, I wouldn't want to touch magazine either and I'm afraid most of us have already touched the virus on something like MONEY or been exposed to a person who didn't know they had it yet.

I have no problem with with open minds, but it seems you have jumped to conclusions. Why would a 3-4% death rate be "WAY TOO LOW", as you put it? And how would a low death rate be evidence towards a terrorist strike? Besides, working with viruses like this would be very expensive and require funds and machinery that no terrorist organization that we know of has access to. Terrorists, specifically, require publicity to be effective. Even more than bombs and guns, fear is what they use.
that no terrorist organization that we know of
You inadvertently answered your own question...

Apropos of nothing....
Actually I take interest in ALL ideas and theories. I sometime forget to comment on some. I'm not sure I understand your theory but that's my fault because you really put a lot of detail into it. Just kind of over my head. What about freezing it? Is there a way to put someone's body temp very low for a little while without killing the person?

Kids seem unlikely to become dangerously ill from the new coronavirus, but they do get infected.

Kids do get the coronavirus — they just don't get as sick : Read more
So a 6 year old in the Bronx has it but is recovering. They need to do tons of testing on her blood compared to other kids. I don't know exactly what I'm saying--I'm not conveying it correctly so sorry in advance. Her blood could possible show something different than markers in other childrens blood. Like maybe did she not get all of her vaccines, things like that. And BY NO MEANS am I saying use her like a test rat. Just get some blood and start finding what is different, why did she get it and other kids near her did not?

Mar 9, 2020
Visit site
What about freezing it? Is there a way to put someone's body temp very low for a little while without killing the person?

I think that it is possible (some people are resuscitated) but there is an increasing amount of research which suggests that higher temperatures, at least in terms of climate, help.

www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.03.12.20034728v1
Coronavirus displaying preference for cool and dry conditions. The predecessor SARS-CoV was linked to similar climate conditions. Should the spread of SARS CoV-2 continue to follow current trends, a worst-case scenario of synchronous global pandemic is improbable. More probable is the emergence of asynchronous seasonal global outbreaks much like other respiratory diseases. People in temperate warm and cold climates are more vulnerable. Those in arid climates follow next in vulnerability, while the disease will likely marginally affect the tropics.

www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.03.05.20031872v1
Results indicate that the doubling time correlates positively with temperature and inversely with humidity, suggesting that a decrease in the rate of progression of COVID-19 with the arrival of spring and summer in the north hemisphere.

www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.02.22.20025791v1
It is suggested that countries and regions with a lower temperature in the world adopt the strictest control measures to prevent future reversal.

www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.02.17.952903v1
"With the rising temperature, 2019-nCoV is expected to decrease
its infection ability much faster than SARS-CoV, and get
controlled more easily"

Freezing people, or lowering their temperature, would result the equivalent of a lower climatic temperature BUT
1) While lowering temperature overall (using asprin) was not recommended by some, lowering the temperature of infected areas (kidneys lungs) was claimed to be beneficial in 1918 flu
https://ndnr.com/nature-cure/a-century-after-the-spanish-flu/

2) People treated outdoors had a much better outcome in 1918. This is claimed to be related to sunlight but, it could be that their cold heads allowed them to withstand a higher fever in their bodies.
https://medium.com/@ra.hobday/coron...from-the-1918-influenza-pandemic-509151dc8065
https://medium.com/@timtak_63737/could-it-be-fever-1e6eb33fc398?source=responses---------55----------------------

Related to the last point, here in Japan, old men like myself use a cold wet, or even iced towel on the head to allow us to withstand hot spring baths for longer.
Hot baths can be dangerous.
I have no connection with medicine.