Question Is this USA election news story true - if so why is it only reported in the UK ?

Observer

BANNED
Aug 15, 2020
Visit site
Can anyone confirm if this news story has been reported in the serious news services and cable TV and if not suggest why ?

Found this on a US legal web site and a UK tabloid.

It looks like a strictly technical legal case - nothing to do with any election fraud

Observer

BANNED
Aug 15, 2020
Visit site
Here is a new update - saturday

The Pennsylvania Supreme Court allowed the state to complete its certification of the presidential vote ...... reversing a temporary delay ordered by a lower-court judge ....

The high court on Saturday rejected an attack on the state’s mail-voting law, saying Republicans waited too long to sue after the law was enacted last year.

Unless the U.S. Supreme Court intervenes in the Pennsylvania challenge, Trump may have no further means of persuading courts there to override the results....

In Saturday’s ruling, two state Supreme Court judges said the Republicans could be correct that the mail-voting law may have violated the state Constitution. But all the judges said a court could neither invalidate the results nor halt the certification process at this point.

The court’s unanimous decision Saturday evening said the lawsuit wasn’t filed in a timely manner and cited the plaintiffs’ “complete failure to act with due diligence” in bringing the complaint, which, the court said, they could have done when the law was passed last year. In addition, the law included a 180-day challenge period that expired April 28.

Jenna Ellis, a member of Trump’s legal team, tweeted about the Supreme Court’s decision, calling it a “ridiculous political game. If Kelly had challenged the statute BEFORE the election, the court would have thrown out the suit saying there was no injury in fact.”

www.wesa.fm/post/pa-supreme-court-throws-out-lawsuit-seeking-invalidate-mail-ballots-and-overturn-biden-s-win#stream/0

90.5 WESA is a service of Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting Corporation, a 501-c-3 nonprofit

Last edited:

Observer

BANNED
Aug 15, 2020
Visit site
Thanks for the information Finch.

Now we need to depend on the Brits and the Aussies for news!

Difficult to find any USA video links

I am interested to know the legal basis for claims that a state legislature could appoint the state electrol college reps to select US President. Why are the media not discussing this ?

I did some looking around and found this @

7 hours 57 min 22 sec

Law Prof explains why and how a state legislature can appoint the electoral college reps

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur4vl5UTN8g

I guess each side wants to get their way. That seems wrong. Lets just have elections that cannot be disputed with good checks on who is voting.

I dont know if there is any basis for the election fraud claims. I dont believe the media is discussing it properly

The claims that legal rules were not followed seems to be clearer.

I think both sides would argue the same way if they could improve their result. It seems wrong either way or for either side to do this

Election fraud and election voting rules are 2 separate things.

Lets have a simple break down of the points, fraud and election rules.

People should be sick of hearing the media just reporting Trump or Biden points according to who they favor - the media all pretend we are dumb and cannot see what they are doing. Its like they are saying Oh look at stupid little boy Trump or Oh look at stupid sleepy Joe

Looks like there is no choice but what we the media tell you.

Oh look at me poor little Fox Tucker or look at me poor little CNN Anderson

Both are saying we are just little boys trying to do good.

I want all the info so I can decide. I want election fraud to be stopped and the voting rules to be clear, fair and legal. No double voting and proof of who you are when you vote. After that I do not care who wins.

I also think politicians should only get money from individual people in their state and not from companies or charities

Each person should be given an equal amount of free money by the IRS to give to any politician they want in their state, that means free money to any tax payer or welfare recipient, so all individuals can can contribute without having to use their own money

On the election fraud claims made so far there is little proof though a video from yesterday from the UK/Australia needs some answers, the second link is the longer version is from Aussie Sky News. May be there is an answer we can all believe

Sky News
View: https://youtu.be/x-7E-71Av0k

From 4 hours 27 minutes and 15 seconds I found this link on a video of a Georgia Senate hearing on the statistics about possible fraud in Georgia

adam

BANNED
Jul 2, 2020
Visit site
Thanks for the information Finch.

Now we need to depend on the Brits and the Aussies for news!

Difficult to find any USA video links

I am interested to know the legal basis for claims that a state legislature could appoint the state electrol college reps to select US President. Why are the media not discussing this ?

I did some looking around and found this @

7 hours 57 min 22 sec

Law Prof explains why and how a state legislature can appoint the electoral college reps

I guess each side wants to get their way. That seems wrong. Lets just have elections that cannot be disputed with good checks on who is voting.

I dont know if there is any basis for the election fraud claims. I dont believe the media is discussing it properly

The claims that legal rules were not followed seems to be clearer.

I think both sides would argue the same way if they could improve their result. It seems wrong either way or for either side to do this

Election fraud and election voting rules are 2 separate things.

Lets have a simple break down of the points, fraud and election rules.

People should be sick of hearing the media just reporting Trump or Biden points according to who they favor - the media all pretend we are dumb and cannot see what they are doing. Its like they are saying Oh look at stupid little boy Trump or Oh look at stupid sleepy Joe

Looks like there is no choice but what we the media tell you.

Oh look at me poor little Fox Tucker or look at me poor little CNN Anderson

Both are saying we are just little boys trying to do good.

I want all the info so I can decide. I want election fraud to be stopped and the voting rules to be clear, fair and legal. No double voting and proof of who you are when you vote. After that I do not care who wins.

I also think politicians should only get money from individual people in their state and not from companies or charities

Each person should be given an equal amount of free money by the IRS to give to any politician they want in their state, that means free money to any tax payer or welfare recipient, so all individuals can can contribute without having to use their own money

On the election fraud claims made so far there is little proof though a video from yesterday from the UK/Australia needs some answers, the second link is the longer version is from Aussie Sky News. May be there is an answer we can all believe

Sky News
View: https://youtu.be/x-7E-71Av0k

From 4 hours 27 minutes and 15 seconds I found this link on a video of a Georgia Senate hearing on the statistics about possible fraud in Georgia

It is truly difficult to know what is going on.

No media service seems to provide objective news reporting of political views that go against the news service corporate policy.

There should be a place for an editors opinion column and another for fact reporting of what is going on or what is said.

The right and left media services are the same.

People need to understand that the news services in place are being used to shape our opinions. This is very dangerous when the opinion is something we can not see or observe first hand to verify.

It is clear that Donald Trump makes lots of false or unjustified claims.

However people now see it as ok that news is being filtered without proof.

This is very dangerous as it means any news can now be filtered without proof or reason.

In a way this seems to be whats happening with Joe Biden and his family. The questionable dealings with the Chinese and others are not reported. This is not OK for this to happen. What else is not being reported about other people on the right and left of politics or in business?

This media control means we will all suffer when those with control want to withhold information that would cause them damage if we knew.

Please lets find a way to live openly, its our best defense against our liberties being taken away. Defending the respectful rights of others is our best defense of our own freedoms

adam

BANNED
Jul 2, 2020
Visit site
I recently listened and watched a documentary on google - it talks about the media/ google/facebook filtering which creates an information bubble based on our preferences.

This is a big problem as

"You only see what you already know, the problem is that this is not a good thing as you need to see what you dont know because otherwise you cannot learn"

This bubble idea is at around 20 minutes into the documentary

View: https://youtu.be/0v6KBGr5IzY

Observer

BANNED
Aug 15, 2020
Visit site
2016 and 2020 are the 2 sides of the same coin. Its all very ironic.

However most people do not think that it is a good policy to block information for political, religious or business reasons even if one favors the Biden election outcome. Also beware the national security excuse its very often to cover up something else

There are few serious or fringe media reports that are worth reading about what is really happening now about the legal challenges. There is no one setting out of the different arguments and its mostly only spin

I can find little rational coverage of the legal issues from the Trump side however some anti Trump media have reported on the constitutional issues for and against Trump and explained why it is a long shot and without much merit.

Its better to be putting out those facts than pretending its not worth taking this seriously and should be ignored

An interesting historic review during the 2016 election times on more or less the same issues shows how long these problems have been around.

I wish FOX and CNN would both report facts and not spend time spinning

So it seems President Trump will not accept defeat.

So far there seems no proof of voting fraud, only circumstantial claims, witness statements or videos

Claims that state voting laws were breached have not been accepted or heard by the various courts, though it does seem that strictly or technically speaking some state assemblies did not formally ratify by a vote of the Congresses and Senates the voting changes made as they are supposed to. Even if this is true or valid neither Texas or Trumps lawyers could get the Supreme Court of the USA to accept the cases

So that seems the end of it

However the internet and media generally are still mostly filtering out the various actions taken or still being taken by Trumps supporters within the state assemblies or other court actions or not reporting the blocks they are facing.

This shows the power of the media and big tech to withhold data. In the Gulf War they said Saddam had weapons of mass destruction which we know is untrue

I have no real idea if these actions by Trump supporters make sense, and even if they are not far fetched they unlikely to succeed.

However does that mean they should not be reported in the media or filtered out by Google and others?

If news of Biden connections with China and others comes out later as being questionable this will not be good as it will add to the opinion that the media blocked news that would have helped Trump, and will only give the 74 million Trump voters another reason to claim to disbelieve the election was fair

Its time to put in place a proper voting system that all know is fair and that only legal voters have voted so this does not happen again as it has several times before.

The 1960 Hawaii situation makes interesting reading. It is not the same as now but may be something that is brought up

Some other opinions on these same issues from the 2016 election are in the links below. It seems very ironic that Trump did not clean up the voting processes after 2016 but is now complaining.

It seems both Republicans and Democrats are more interested in winning than getting things right for next time.

https://democraticunderground.com/100214260657

Last edited:
It's Dec. 15th, '20. The Presidential election is over. Was vote fraud involved? Probably, but very difficult if not impossible to prove in a court. What should be of bipartisan concern is the allegation of software based voter fraud which does not provide an audit trail. The time honored techniques of voting the graveyards, the after lights out re-voting and processing found/surplus ballots are subject to investigation wherein "swipe and wipe" computer chicanery is not. Who actually won the Presidential election? Well, really neither candidate won due to the comprehensive vote fraud allegations. In preference to timing, Biden will most likely be sworn in as President, but half the country will not accept his authority. So we face another four years of acrimony to the detriment of the country. Rome in 405ce?

adam

BANNED
Jul 2, 2020
Visit site
The Emperor needs some clothes and we need to admit the Emperor is naked.

What should be of bipartisan concern is the allegation of software based voter fraud which does not provide an audit trail.

The audit systems in place should be transparent and allow for a random sample of physical ballots from each polling station to be quickly audited.

This is not happening so I assume the systems cannot do this which is a fault or some people do not want it to be done which is also a fault.

Faults can and usually should be fixed

A random sample audit should quickly resolve the questions being raised - lets find a way

So we face another four years of acrimony to the detriment of the country. Rome in 405ce?

It would be great if the next years could be used to make sure voting systems were upgraded to ensure ID and secure voting status in strong

Fast audits of sample voting should be part of the voting process and carried out by 2 or more separate teams each noimated by the candidate parties involed then we might have trouble free elections in 2 years time and in 2024

Lets make a positive change

Most politicians thrive on differences by creating blocks of people who follow them.

Few leaders and no politicians resolve problems as they have too many interest groups to payback.

The only recent person I can think of who looked to resolve and not divide is Nelson Mandela.

Rome in 405ce?

All Empires decline very quickly at their end. Soviet, British, French, Roman, Greek, Persian, Mayan, Egyptian etc

Some get co-opted or taken over by other Empires.

No Empire seems to be able to stay at a stable point

In todays world Empire includes economic Empire like the USA or the EU which also have "independent" or semi independent client states and mostly do not directly have colonies outside their own state border area.

Super Empires have a strong military reach to enhance or add to their economic and political power

Empires collapse as trouble builds up within and is not addressed.

Structural problems center around elites protecting their wealth and jobs or leaders who launch projects at the expense of society and economic and political stability.

No leader ever says they were wrong - so we never really learn what not to do only how to hide mistakes.

Even in science there is rarely any objective study about why did we remain attached to old ways of thinking or dogma.

Instead its the old king is dead long live the new king

In the end the Empire - business, academic, political or military etc - is not economically able to pay for its lifestyle, administration and commitments or ideas and is taken over by others or breaks up into small states or fades away.

The asian Indian Empires of various times show all this as does the Roman Empire of the East and West.

Flat earth thinking shows this in science.

China is certainly expanding its Empire now while the USA and Europe fall apart with internal issues.

The European and Chinese past shows that both have phases of civil war. Let us hope that this time things are different

Free debate is an important central release system.

When "free" debate is only allowed within a politically correct criteria or pushed to one side by media filtering and control in favor of interest groups revolutions often happen. The English civil wars and the American war of independence are good examples.

The winners write the history. For the old English elite the winners in the USA or England were revolutionaries for the winners who became the new elite the winners were freedom fighters.

Respectful discussion of different opinions should be fostered and encouraged even after defeat or victory otherwise we will all suffer and be hurt by the lack of understanding that follows from closed societies or groups.

We should all remember that almost all groups seek to exclude those with different opinions while the group elite tries to maintain and expand power.

We see this in Russia, China, USA, France and other countries, as well as in industry, science, business, admin, universities and schools, the civil service and religion etc

Up to a point this can be OK but usually the established systems defend themselves from reform.

It seems it has always been this way or so we are conditioned

I hope we can find a way to positively expand humanity in a way that includes a balanced understanding of what it means to want to live being both a spiritually human being and functioning at a real life level instead of merely functioning as an economic, political, military or selfish real life being etc.

All parts of us need to be in balance otherwise our humanity is crushed by one or more real life dogma or belief dominating.

For example too much focus on business or military or not enough focus on long term results and benefits by only grabbing short term gains.

The Emperor needs some clothes and we need to admit the Emperor is naked.