Is this just mass panic, a historic plague or a manmade event used as population control

I am very misinformed and tired of hearing religious people, mass media and my own family speak about this and just want to hear REAL peoples views and what they are doing to combat this.

LCarlson

Administrator
Nov 12, 2019
Visit site
A good start is to read all of the articles posted on LiveScience.com - they are updating as fast as new information becomes available. As with any evolving topic, we are all learning on a daily basis.

(side note: I edited the original topic to read "historic" rather than "biblical" plague, to avoid the almost inevitable religious arguments that arise - we've already had to trim some from this thread -our policy is to maintain adherence to scientific principles in all discussions.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Lutfij
Mar 15, 2020
Visit site
I am very misinformed and tired of hearing religious people, mass media and my own family speak about this and just want to hear REAL peoples views and what they are doing to combat this.
You poor dear. It can be frustrating to not know that facts. So, here is my take from facts (research papers going back to 1995) :
- Virus made the zoonotic jump from bats (mammals) to humans (mammals)
- The vector (method of contact/exposure) was droppings in the bat's caves when people went in to harvest them for food/sale
- Inhalation of dried bat guano was probably most likely route of infection
- Due to China being a communist regime doctors/nurses were fearful of stating that this disease existed because it would make the harvesting and eating of bats a bad rap for communism because there's not supposed to be poverty as everyone is equal so the public acknowledgement of this situation was kept hidden until infection became rampant
- It is a new virus meaning we don't have any prior immunity like we have from the multiple flu viruses that circulate each season
- Infection is worse on people with poor immune systems
- Infection is not so bad on healthy people
- Have good hygiene, wash hands, keep them away from your face....get a cut or a wound....treat it and bandage it
- Eat nutrient rich foods like black beans, rice, peanut butter (if you aren't allergic) and chia seeds because they provide all the essential amino acids and fatty acids our bodies need - they also keep the gut healthy so nutrients are better absorbed
- Take Vitamin C (if symptoms show up....4000mg every two hours until you start having loose stools, then you know your body is saturated with C. We don't make it, we don't store it and we don't get near enough in our diets)
- Take D3 per regular dosage
- Drink water....not soda, not tea, not energy drinks.....WATER

Since our medical professionals around the world need time to develop a vaccine the best we can do for ourselves and our loved ones is to stay as healthy as we can. If you hear stories in the news about medics, nurses or doctors getting this virus and dying what ever age they are remember their jobs are demanding, they work 12 hour shifts, their immune systems are taxed with exposure to all types of pathogens (viruses and bacteria) and they may have had underlying health condition. So, use common sense, and take care of yourself. Best of luck to you and yours.

Reactions: Glenn Fugett
Thank you, s
You poor dear. It can be frustrating to not know that facts. So, here is my take from facts (research papers going back to 1995) :
- The vector (method of contact/exposure) was droppings in the bat's caves when people went in to harvest them for food/sale
- Due to China being a communist regime doctors/nurses were fearful of stating that this disease existed because it would make the harvesting and eating of bats a bad rap for communism because there's not supposed to be poverty as everyone is equal so the public acknowledgement of this situation was kept hidden until infection became rampant
- It is a new virus meaning we don't have any prior immunity like we have from the multiple flu viruses that circulate each season
- Have good hygiene, wash hands, keep them away from your face....get a cut or a wound....treat it and bandage it
- Eat nutrient rich foods like black beans, rice, peanut butter (if you aren't allergic) and chia seeds because they provide all the essential amino acids and fatty acids our bodies need - they also keep the gut healthy so nutrients are better absorbed
- Take Vitamin C (if symptoms show up....4000mg every two hours until you start having loose stools, then you know your body is saturated with C. We don't make it, we don't store it and we don't get near enough in our diets)

Since our medical professionals around the world need time to develop a vaccine the best we can do for ourselves and our loved ones is to stay as healthy as we can. If you hear stories in the news about medics, nurses or doctors getting this virus and dying what ever age they are remember their jobs are demanding, they work 12 hour shifts, their immune systems are taxed with exposure to all types of pathogens (viruses and bacteria) and they may have had underlying health condition. So, use common sense, and take care of yourself. Best of luck to you and yours.
Thank you so much!

You are half right. Don't take vitamins for no reason. If you think you have a deficiency, talk to your doctor and you may be able to get bloodwork done. I had a vitamin D deficiency, but I got a PRESCRIBED MEDICINE to help. Otherwise, you should have enough on a normal diet. Please don't try to get loose stools. Diarrhea is your body's way of saying there is something wrong.

Does anyone recall or remember, that before the internet, the premise and consensus was, that the stupidity, ignorance and contention amongst us, was due to the lack of information?

THAT was a good one.

Mar 15, 2020
Visit site
You are half right. Don't take vitamins for no reason. If you think you have a deficiency, talk to your doctor and you may be able to get bloodwork done. I had a vitamin D deficiency, but I got a PRESCRIBED MEDICINE to help. Otherwise, you should have enough on a normal diet. Please don't try to get loose stools. Diarrhea is your body's way of saying there is something wrong.
I stated loose stools only in reference to Vitamin C saturation. It is the body's response to having enough. I also stated, if you read it all, the need for plenty of water.

Apr 7, 2020
Visit site
The media seems to want Trump out but I would not call this a false panic.
It took China extreme measures to bring it under control but the western countries are hamstrung due to faulty advice from experts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 7, 2020
Visit site
All the developed countries including Spain, Italy, France, the UK, in general, have higher infection rates primarily due to closed ventilation systems. Secondary factors maybe religious-cultural environment and tourism.
I recommend reading my article for a detailed explanation