is there (liquid) water on mars, the moon, a comet, an asteroid???? NOPE

Sep 26, 2020
why is it that NASA accepts as accurate, patently FLAWED/impossible remote sampling data. the BASIC properties of the water/h2o molecule PREVENT it from changing to a state denser than vapor, where the AMBIENT PRESSURE is NOT sufficient.

where the ambient pressure at the surface of a rocky body is low/vacuum, the chances are near Zero, that any LIQUID h2o will be present, underground.!!! salty water is LIQUID h2o, and it CANNOT be on mars, now. or anywhere else IN THIS SOLAR SYSTEM. martian polar ice, and comets, are co2. NOT h2o.

any sort of (upcoming) space mission in which the presence of water is erroneously assumed, is Fatally flawed.

d

Gringoz

BANNED
Oct 3, 2020
why is it that NASA accepts as accurate, patently FLAWED/impossible remote sampling data. the BASIC properties of the water/h2o molecule PREVENT it from changing to a state denser than vapor, where the AMBIENT PRESSURE is NOT sufficient.

where the ambient pressure at the surface of a rocky body is low/vacuum, the chances are near Zero, that any LIQUID h2o will be present, underground.!!! salty water is LIQUID h2o, and it CANNOT be on mars, now. or anywhere else IN THIS SOLAR SYSTEM. martian polar ice, and comets, are co2. NOT h2o.

any sort of (upcoming) space mission in which the presence of water is erroneously assumed, is Fatally flawed.

d
LOL are you claiming that water only happens on Earth

• Love
Reactions: Elwynent
Sep 26, 2020
oh no. you are so clever, and sure of yourself. what should i say...

firstly, i say, you are a pompous putz, who has STEPPED IN IT, by assuming that there is no logical/rational response to your demand., for an explanation.

secondly, NASA/big science has Never said anything about the atmosphere on mars being WAY denser than it is estimated to be; eg., equal to about .06 percent of earth's. (about 608 pascals).

this is NOT enough pressure, to allow water vapor to change to a Denser STATE. period.

IF liquid or solid h2o were present under such conditions: the liquid would rapidly 'boil' away, to vapor; water ice would evaporate, without melting.

the very thin martian atmosphere is the reason nasa's other, sillyass idea - a uav-helicopter - will be a Fail, the info that i have seen indicates, nasa has Failed to account for the Absence of atmosphere (to push around), on mars. hopefully, before billions are spent, nasa will see that a Different approach to hovering flight, on mars, IS necessary.

o u t

Feb 19, 2020
The problems with liquid water on Mars, or elsewhere out there in space, is trivial compared with the need to protect life from the damaging UV radiation from the Sun (Earth's star). This is why there hasn't been in life on Mars until humans have landed. And they will have deal with this radiation somehow.

Gringoz

BANNED
Oct 3, 2020
The problems with liquid water on Mars, or elsewhere out there in space, is trivial compared with the need to protect life from the damaging UV radiation from the Sun (Earth's star). This is why there hasn't been in life on Mars until humans have landed. And they will have deal with this radiation somehow.
Why do you assume that Mars conditions have always been as they are now?

It's also pretty clear that liquid water is not possible in space due to the temps

Feb 19, 2020
Gringoz. I do not assume that at all. What I should have said is that life on Mars (or on any planet out there in space) would need protection from DNA-damaging solar UV radiation. I hope that clarifies any confusion.

Gringoz

BANNED
Oct 3, 2020
Gringoz. I do not assume that at all. What I should have said is that life on Mars (or on any planet out there in space) would need protection from DNA-damaging solar UV radiation. I hope that clarifies any confusion.
Again you are assuming that all life must be as ours is and with the size of the universe there is absolutely no reason to assume that

Feb 19, 2020
Well of course, you can assume anything you want. Redefine life. Replace water? I assumed that the discussion was about life as we know it.

Gringoz

BANNED
Oct 3, 2020
Well of course, you can assume anything you want. Redefine life. Replace water? I assumed that the discussion was about life as we know it.
Life as we know it could perform quintillions of possible mutations on mutations on mutations to readapt itself to the conditions that it existed in before it landed on Earth. Or are you one of those people that demands to be Darwins pond scum. The fact is that if Mars is settled that after just a few generations the Earth would be toxic to those born on Mars as they would have lost all immunity to Earth diseases making life on Earth inhospitable to the new DNA profiles

Feb 19, 2020
This is getting absurd. Life as we know it could not have evolved without protection from the more intense UV radiation from the young Sun (star). Mutations past the initial primitive amino acids to nucleic acids and proteins...peptides and polypeptides, nucleotides could not take place. They require the input of energy and the release of water. Hot little pond under the Sun or the Star? Drying and wetting would be a requirement regardless of where "life" came from. Moving the 'pea' to be under a different shell is still a 'pea'.

Gringoz

BANNED
Oct 3, 2020
This is getting absurd. Life as we know it could not have evolved without protection from the more intense UV radiation from the young Sun (star). Mutations past the initial primitive amino acids to nucleic acids and proteins...peptides and polypeptides, nucleotides could not take place. They require the input of energy and the release of water. Hot little pond under the Sun or the Star? Drying and wetting would be a requirement regardless of where "life" came from. Moving the 'pea' to be under a different shell is still a 'pea'.
So your mind can not expand past what you know.

PS Life as we know it could not have evolved without the more intense solar radiation that warms the Earth. Or can you swim in Darwins pond at 3 degrees Kelvin?

Feb 19, 2020
PS? Both are of course true. The problem is that the solar luminosity required to keep the Earth warm and the water liquid also must support the evolution of photosynthesis. The solar UV radiation destroys any efforts to evolve life at all. What is the point you are trying make while you are having fun going past what you know?

Gringoz

BANNED
Oct 3, 2020
PS? Both are of course true. The problem is that the solar luminosity required to keep the Earth warm and the water liquid also must support the evolution of photosynthesis. The solar UV radiation destroys any efforts to evolve life at all. What is the point you are trying make while you are having fun going past what you know?
If conditions were different, life would have developed and mutated differently. You are living in a fantasy that everything must be as it is and as such humanity is destined to perish on the rock called Earth.

When the last rock called heaven was used up, life moved, as it will again, in spite of people like you with no vision

Feb 19, 2020
Mr. Gringoz: "... in spite of people like you with no vision."

That is an unnecessary personal insult that should not be allowed at LiveScience.

Richard E. Dickerson, 1978...

"The central problem in understanding how the polymers were formed on the primitive earth is understanding how reactions requiring both the input of energy and the removal of water could take place in the ocean."

Gringoz

BANNED
Oct 3, 2020
Mr. Gringoz: "... in spite of people like you with no vision."

That is an unnecessary personal insult that should not be allowed at LiveScience.

Richard E. Dickerson, 1978...

"The central problem in understanding how the polymers were formed on the primitive earth is understanding how reactions requiring both the input of energy and the removal of water could take place in the ocean."
Did it ever occur to you that the reason that conditions on Mars would cause mutations, is because DNA understands the need to change radically and fast to acclimate to the new environment, and that given the proper time mutations formed on Mars might make Earth the inhospitable place. Or will you keep looking to the past instead of creating a new future which will take people with vision

Feb 19, 2020
Yes, it has occurred to me. Apparently it hasn't occurred to those with great vision like yourself that DNA has to form first before it can "change radically". Indeed, the experiments that test radical change show what happens... UV lamps!

Time's up to respond any further to your silliness.

Gringoz

BANNED
Oct 3, 2020
Yes, it has occurred to me. Apparently it hasn't occurred to those with great vision like yourself that DNA has to form first before it can "change radically". Indeed, the experiments that test radical change show what happens... UV lamps!

Time's up to respond any further to your silliness.
What does DNA forming have to do with DNA created planet hopping?

See the FACT is that DNA did not have to form on the Earth, this becomes a scientific fact when DNA purposely leaves the Earth proving the viability of such because the universe as nature is clearly cyclical

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY