• Welcome to the Live Science Forums, a playground for those curious about humanity and the world around us. Introduce yourself here!

Question Is there any truth behind the Indigo Children?

Nov 26, 2019
Have you ever heard about the Indigo Children? .... Is there any real evidence that backs up the prediction? Is there any signs that these adults are coming together now? being now is the time that these people if exist?, should be coming together to save our planet. Will it be just one or a collaboration?
I predict if they do exist?, that there will be only one with the answer, and the collective group will support in mass to create change!

Are there any believers out there or even live in hope that it's correct?

jpishgar

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 11, 2019
No scientific studies support the concept of "Indigo Children". Though, there have been studies done on whether or not the designation of "Indigo Children" versus the more commonly diagnosed ADHD has a negative or positive outcome on the development of a child.

The current slate of scientific knowledge on the subject asserts that "indigo children" as a principle is pseudoscience, and not supported. Academic psychologists maintain that designation of children as "indigo" and foregoing any diagnosis for potential disorder (and subsequent treatment) may be harmful.

jpishgar

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 11, 2019
The idea is built around theories developed in the 70's by Nancy Ann Tappe and later expounded by Lee Carroll and Jan Tober. The idea is based on concepts developed in the 1970s by Nancy Ann Tappe and further developed by Lee Carroll and Jan Tober. These are metaphysics practitioners / spiritualists, and are not scientifically-backed.

The idea is an interesting one, absolutely. But there is no science to support it.

Nov 26, 2019
I find it fascinating and was only recently made aware if it by a close family member. I think I'm going to do some more research on this matter?
The small amount I have read so far gives me some hope in my non scientific opinion, that collectively these people, if they exist? will come together and save our precious planet that we could call home, for many millions of years more.

jpishgar

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 11, 2019
Hope is useful! But do be careful not to invest too much faith in unproven concepts as a salve. Science and the application of proven principles and fact can save us as a species.

Nov 26, 2019
I hear you and 100% agree with you. I really appreciate your comments and facts thank you.
I have a gut feeling science is about to change, and everything that is not properly understood is going to become crystal clear...... Just a gut feeling!

Nov 26, 2019
Have you ever heard about the Indigo Children? .... Is there any real evidence that backs up the prediction? Is there any signs that these adults are coming together now? being now is the time that these people if exist?, should be coming together to save our planet. Will it be just one or a collaboration?
I predict if they do exist?, that there will be only one with the answer, and the collective group will support in mass to create change!

Are there any believers out there or even live in hope that it's correct?
I don't know if Indigo Children is the correct name or not. I had to look this one up on Google to be sure. It's category is along the same lines as Mental Health, defining further to cluster B.

ASK THE COMMUNITY