• Welcome to the Live Science Forums, a playground for those curious about humanity and the world around us. Introduce yourself here!

Is there a way to visit the site without videos?

Dec 15, 2019
Is there a way to visit the site without videos?
They cause my computer to crash because of all of the screen competition. I'm an avid LiveScience READER but it's gotten to the point that I can't visit the site. If I click on the site, the CPU use skyrockets and my hard drive whirs.

Dec 16, 2019
I agree with both users: I'm sick and tired of having to close these stupid videos. When I'm at work, I only have access to a slow network, so videos increase my load times needlessly, considering I never watch them anyway. Please, please stop autodownloading videos

Nov 26, 2019
So, how do we make LiveScience aware of our complaints?
On your left hand side panel, there is "Members" which you click, then you will see "Live Science" member Admins. You can raise your issue there for a start.

SHaines

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 12, 2019
So, how do we make LiveScience aware of our complaints?
Hi there,

Posting here in the forums is a good way. Community Managers like myself will pass along the concerns. Just to confirm, are you speaking of ads that appear on the main Editorial site, not on the forums?

If so, let us know what specific ads cause issues on your PC or phone when viewing the site. If the ad is causing tech issues we'll definitely want to investigate it more closely. Ads are important to help keep things running, but we're also mindful of the experience readers have when visiting.

When an ad causes issues, please let us know some important pieces of info:
  • What is the ad for, specifically? Including a link to what the ad promotes will help us find it more quickly.
  • Include if you're viewing the ad on your computer or mobile device.
  • Let us know your browser version and country where this ad appears
  • Tell us the specific issue it causes
  • Include a screenshot, whenever possible
We'll take that info and give it to our Ads team, so they can remove ads that may not be appropriate, or that cause other issues.

Reactions: sward

ASK THE COMMUNITY

Latest posts