Is it time to send another message to intelligent aliens? Some scientists think so.

Let's say, somewhere, someone, was able to modulate a star or the light from it. And we see and detect a message. What are you going to do? Think about that for a minute. They're modulating stars. I would keep my mouth shut and just listen. For others. Heavens to murgatroyd.

But, many others will want to respond. How are you going to do that? There are two technical problems.

First, in what direction do you send the signal? The last position of the star, is very old. We don't know where it is now, and we don't know where it will be for our signal's arrival. And second, is the power. How much power can you generate? How far do you think your signal will go before it falls below the static?

That's why they are using stars. Stars are omni directional and have the power.

You need star power to say you're here. Let me know when you find a blinker. There might be many out there and we not know it. No one expects them to be blinking. They might be talking now. If you believe life is out there.