Is Greta Thunberg Making Things Worse?

Sep 6, 2020
I wonder your thoughts if Greta Thunberg is making the situation regarding Climate Change and items in connection with CC worse.

Although not in the news as much, she is always pushing Governments around the world, pushing world leaders to do more...

Is she effectively giving a message to the population that it is not a person, locality issue, but something that is purely a Government issue?

Greta's generation is just as wasteful, if not worse than mine and previous ones... New phones whilst scrapping the old... Pushing to mine lithium (we mined coal)... Needing more electricity...

If Greta was to push the real issues, the ones that tell her generation to stop wasting i.e. don;t get flights for holidays, don;t use your car for college etc... Would she be as popular?

Mar 4, 2020
She's afraid and angry. Either her parents or her teachers have frightened her. It also shows how ignorant her parents and teachers are.

She has been taught that anger, is necessary, to get her way. She's a spoiled brat.

Fear and anger will easily fill an empty(ignorant) mind. Why are the young so afraid? A generation of empty people. A delusional people.

There is no reason to fear climate change. The fear of it is a lie.

A generation based on a lie. Climate is the least of our problems.

The way that she is used, is a greater problem. And a peek of things to come.

Our education systems now use fanaticism, instead of teaching against it.

She is an state education product. And your family's labor pays and supports it.....if you are one who is taxed.

State Education, with it's fake and phony morality, is destroying our society.

This is what I witness......over the years.

Reactions: Carol Cleon
Nov 27, 2019
I wonder your thoughts if Greta Thunberg is making the situation regarding Climate Change and items in connection with CC worse.

Although not in the news as much, she is always pushing Governments around the world, pushing world leaders to do more...

Is she effectively giving a message to the population that it is not a person, locality issue, but something that is purely a Government issue?

Greta's generation is just as wasteful, if not worse than mine and previous ones... New phones whilst scrapping the old... Pushing to mine lithium (we mined coal)... Needing more electricity...

If Greta was to push the real issues, the ones that tell her generation to stop wasting i.e. don;t get flights for holidays, don;t use your car for college etc... Would she be as popular?
She’s a turn off for me. Getting mad and stomping feet doesn’t do a thing but alienate. She’s been groomed by idiot adults, and being a child, she will do what they say.
The planet is warming, no doubt. Politicizing it will only make things worse as we have seen.

Jul 29, 2021
Our education systems now use fanaticism, instead of teaching against it.

She is an state education product.
I agree with that.
Climate change is a global task of investigation and understanding of the ways to leverage it, if we can and how.
Education, information sharing. We may not change the education system at a glimpse (or probably ever).
But the internet and media has the bright coin side - education and good will of it.
Raising voice is necessary at certain times, but destructive yelling is obviously not.

Cutting-edge technology facilities for data collection, industries upgrades, supercomputers with refined dedicated models are to bring us as much information as possible to have ability of decision making.

No one can push a magic button and stop greenhouse gases emissions. Even we don't know what will happen then to climate, we know that our civilized mini mun infrastructure will fail, our medicine will stop.

Sep 6, 2020
All good comments, thank you.

It would be great if a leader was to address her on reducing the carbon footprint by suggesting the following:

Increase the legal age you are able to drive a car to 25 with essential services providing a small fuel efficient car as part of the package.
Reduction of flights by increasing the price and directly using the tax to fund green only projects.

Items such as these would massively decrease greenhouse gases, but suddenly the younger generations would go into the discrimination ... It moves into the behavioral science which also intrigues me...

The movement at times seems to be aimed at punishing previous generations whilst ignoring the fact they are repeating the same pattern, only sooner i.e. how many older generations expected and had a car when they were teenagers compared to now.

Reactions: Lariliss
Jul 29, 2021
Exactly, with new technologies in hand.
There is still no regulation and self-awareness of what can be done right now.
International regulations are time consuming and not effective for a fast action, But local ones are.

ASK THE COMMUNITY