Question Is a body's response to the coronavirus consistent in cases of repeated infection?

Jul 14, 2020
Visit site
Knowing that the current research may be showing that antibodies to coronavirus don't stick around for long, can we know if a person will react in a similar fashion if reinfected? For example, if you responded asymptomatically on a first infection, will you respond asymptomatically if you contract the virus a second or even third time?

Jul 24, 2020
Visit site
I would think that its hard to say with certainty, but generally, secondary and subsequent infections of the same virus appear milder than the primary/initial infection as the body has some experience with the virus and should be able to deal with it quicker. Somebody who was asymptomatic first time around may still have immune memory for reinfections even in spite of lower antibody production, but whether or not this would mean another asymptomatic presentation is hard to know. I would imagine that the viral load exposed to, age and general state of health & immune system would all be factors.

Jul 25, 2020
Visit site
No, it may not be. When Covid began to spread rapidly and first jumped from one country to the next, I began tracking the news by symptoms, people affected, and symptoms. The reason COVID is called a Novel virus is because WHO has not seen one like it. People tested were showing up with muting strains from the time it was discovered in the first person who showed the Sars-Covid strain together, and as it progressed, other strains were seen, as well as, the rapid changes in symptoms. If I recall the estimated different strains were nine (9) but I did not hear the confirmation.

When different strains are seen in a muting, Novel virus with different symptoms, I think it is safe to say one may indeed get a second infection if a mutation comes around. The progression went from middle aged, to older people, then pre-adolescent and children, and this week 12 infants, one has died was rapid, and there still is not enough information as to what degree of underlying damage may occur AFTER the person is out of immediate danger. The first indication of this was lung damage after respiratory distress and needing a Ventilator. Later, healthcare saw children get sick and go home, only to return and find internal organ damage when there were no signs during the illness.

We are in uncharted waters here; take every precaution and follow the World Health Organization for warnings, updates, and what is happening with testing and vaccine. The UK has one being used on volunteer patients which is showing great promise from Astra-Zineca. Never think you are safe. Your well-being depends on those around you.
I made a meme for the news of July 23. Think about 2-weeks (?) ago, seeing all the people at the beaches along the coast of America. This is the result of a weeks worth of beachtime without masks, but some did have distancing. Still,
numbers don't lie. 1 million new U.S. infections in 15 days. Respect this virus.

1 Mil in 15 days.jpg

Reactions: YukiHadeishi