Is 6 feet enough space for social distancing?

Hi.
actually social is distancing is recommended because this virus is transferring from one person to another, so 1 meter is compulsory to not to be in range of a person coughing particles. which can infect you.
Corona virus is indeed a virus which is very danger

Mar 5, 2020
Visit site
While the experts are measuring safe distances the "experts" at CDC have recommended only those infected to wear masks or respirator masks. Now they're backtracking and saying since peeps are walking around not knowing they have it maybe we'll rethink it. They also admitted they previously did not recommend them so there wouldn't be a run on them so healthcare workers would not run out....since there will be many more patients since CDC recommends not wearing masks! News flash: the CDC has been putting out faulty recomendeations along with their faulty test kits. Now add OSHA who's guidance also cares not about virus deaths but rather employer liability for allowing it! We have idiots in charge. The sooner you recognize this and disobey the safer you'll be. TAKE A RESPIRATOR RV MASK instead of a tape measure to the store!!

Apr 24, 2020
Visit site
You write about the studies from the 30's and 40's and say that they have been shown to be wrong. Could you post references please. I would like to learn more about the original studies and the studies that refute them. I am not doubting your conclusion I'd just like some references if I am going to pass this information on.

May 9, 2020
Visit site
The general advice is to self-isolate and not practice social distancing.

Social distancing is the fall back when self-isolation is not possible, such as when exercising or essential shopping.

It stands to reason that the closer you are to other people, the greater the risk, but the safest course of action is to self-isolate and appreciate that anything else is introducing some sort of risk.

The distance is of course only relevant if someone is infected, and then probably only a real issue if they are showing symptoms and sneezing.

We can all play the "is it enough" game, those that want to fully insure themselves will not have any contact with other people, and for times when contact is unavoidable, then it is a sliding scale of risk.

Distance is just one factor, infection rate, surfaces, weather conditions, time in contact, masks, types of mask, area of confinement are some but by no means all, contributing to the overall risk when coming into contact with other people.

May 25, 2020
Visit site
By now, you've probably heard that to slow the COVID-19 epidemic, people need to stay 6 feet (1.8 meters) apart from each other. Here's why, and how it works.

Is 6 feet enough space for social distancing? : Read more
3 days back I was sitting at home and my dad who is 20 feet away from me sneezed hard. The wind is flowing in my direction and I felt the droplets fall on my hand. Then I realized that the normal 6 feet distance isn't enough and I made myself clear that whenever I go outside for groceries or any essentials I need to wear a mask even if the store is just 10 feet away from my house. If someone on the road who has corona sneezes and the wind blows in our direction there are high chances that even though the man is 30 feet away from you, the wind might carry the droplets. When dust particles are carried by wind before rain why can't the droplets be carried too? Also, make sure that you wear any glasses so that you can stop letting the virus entering your eyes.

May 9, 2020
Visit site
Why is it so difficult for people to understand?

The most effective defense towards preventing contacting the Covid-19 virus is through self-isolation.

Where self-isolation is not possible then people are introducing degrees of risk.

Distance is one aspect, how close you are to an infected person will increase the risk of catching the virus, so keeping 6 meters apart presents less risk than keeping 1 meter.

The environmental conditions are also a factor, being 2 meters distance outside presents less risk than 2 meters in a confined space.

Time also is a factor, spending ten minutes with someone, at 2 meters presents more risk than one minute.

Wearing masks also is a factor, one person wearing a mask presents less risk than no one wearing a mask, and two people wearing a mask is better than one person, and the type of mask also is a factor, as is eye protection.

Everyone should now have a reasonable understanding of the risks, they really shouldn't need to rely on some arbitrary number, if they want to reduce the risk - then self-isolate - everything else increases the risk by degrees.

Latest posts