Instead of just flattening the COVID-19 curve, can we 'crush' it?

Apr 4, 2020
Visit site
Well, this is great in theory. In practice, it is not possible in our "free" society. I love freedom as much as the next guy, but this means that in a society where no one wants to be told what to do, where it's all about "me", where political polarization is at its worst, and you have a snake oil salesman, an incompetent, anti-science inveterate liar as President, there is no hope of this. This country will likely suffer (unnecessarily) a depression that will likely exceed 1929. May God help us!

Dec 18, 2019
Visit site
Goods Evening,

Very interesting, inspiring and encouraging article. We have to bear many inconveniences and obstacles to put some of the points in practice. So we need to forget the quote " Easier to say than do". Now it is not only mandatory and important to protect ourselves, but also to protect others.
Let us all do our best. Good luck.

Regrds
Uma

Reactions: Nytowl223
Apr 9, 2020
Visit site
Well, this is great in theory. In practice, it is not possible in our "free" society. I love freedom as much as the next guy, but this means that in a society where no one wants to be told what to do, where it's all about "me", where political polarization is at its worst, and you have a snake oil salesman, an incompetent, anti-science inveterate liar as President, there is no hope of this. This country will likely suffer (unnecessarily) a depression that will likely exceed 1929. May God help us!

Yeah, agree, I see people making an effort, but I also can't believe people ignoring this completely. This country is all about the "me" like you say. And its pretty ******* sad. Entitlement is gonna bite us in the ass

Apr 26, 2020
Visit site
The editorial is on point. One unclear point is the need to test asymptomatic, and not known to have been exposed, people. Asymptomatic transmission is well known. You have to test everybody going out in the public. Difficult but essential to crush it in 10 weeks.

Feb 22, 2020
Visit site
Oh, how very sad to be reading this in August, with well over 160K Americans dead from this disease, and those of a certain political bent claiming it's "unconstitutional" to force them to wear masks. And yet, a thousand-plus people a day are dying, needlessly, with no end in sight. It makes me want to cry.

Aug 26, 2020
Visit site
And please wear a damn mask. Anything is better than nothing. Even if you don't feel the symptoms you might be spreading it.

That's compliance not Science!

IF MASKS WORK WE CAN VOTE IN PERSON!

Direct quotes
CDC: "Masks do not prevent Covid-19"
WHO: "Masks do not prevent Covid-19"
Fauci: "Masks do not prevent Covid-19"
Brix: "Masks do not prevent Covid-19"
Mask Manufacturers: "Masks do not prevent Covid-19"
OSHA: "Wearing a mask longer than 20 minutes without changing them out dangerously increases infection rates, increases CO2 levels and reduces oxygen levels causing multiple life threatening illnesses"

Aug 26, 2020
Visit site
And please wear a damn mask. Anything is better than nothing. Even if you don't feel the symptoms you might be spreading it.

Direct quotes
CDC: "Masks do not prevent Covid-19"
WHO: "Masks do not prevent Covid-19"
Fauci: "Masks do not prevent Covid-19"
Brix: "Masks do not prevent Covid-19"
Mask Manufacturers: "Masks do not prevent Covid-19"

OSHA: "Wearing a mask longer than 20 minutes without changing them out dangerously increases infection rates, increases CO2 levels and reduces oxygen levels causing multiple life threatening illnesses"

Aug 26, 2020
Visit site
True wearing a mask is very important & taking precautions is always better.

Valid reasons to NOT wear a mask? Here's a few:
ADHD
Agoraphobia
Anxiety
Asthma
Chronic Sinus Issues
Claustrophobia
Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome (CIRS)
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)
Deaf and Hard of Hearing
Depression /other mental health
Deviated Septum
Down Syndrome
Dysautonomia
Emphysema
Epilepsy
Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG)
Hyperhydrosis
Hypoxia
Lung Cancer
Lung Disease and other assorted issues
Multiple Sclerosis
Panic Attack / Panic Disorders
Pleurisy
Post-Partum Anxiety (PPA)
Post-Partum Depression (PPD)
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Pulmonary Embolism
Raynaud's Syndrome
Reflex Neurovascular Disorder/disease
Sensory Processing Disorder
Vertigo
So the next time that you see someone out and about that is not wearing a mask, please do not HARASS or BULLY that person. You do NOT know their situation or their personal physical or mental health struggles.
If you want to wear a mask, that is fine for you, but please do not become a mask bully and make an already difficult situation even worse for those around you with your nasty looks or your rude remarks.❤💛💚 Are we in this together?