Immunity Waning, But What Does That Mean?

We have heard and in cases sadly experienced what COVID19 can do and likewise the majority of us have embraced and reaped the benefits of the double-vaccine.

As we are entering the accepted period for the immunity to wane, booster shots are available...

What I have been unable to find are questions to the following:

Are people whom were double vaccinated over 6 months ago now heading towards serious disease if they catch COVID19 or will you always avoid the most serious of illnesses.

A bit dramatic, but are we in a position where every year there will be a COVID based cull of the elderly/ vulnerable which is more serious than the seasonal flu.

It is possibly too soon to know, but other viruses must act in a similar way with us.

ROG

Aug 29, 2020
Visit site
What will matter is how many have already had the virus and so got a proper resistance to it
I cannot seem to find what percentage of the UK population are estimated to have had the virus since it stated

What will matter is how many have already had the virus and so got a proper resistance to it
I cannot seem to find what percentage of the UK population are estimated to have had the virus since it stated

I did not raise the questions for unrelated information.

My interest remains:

Are people whom were double vaccinated over 6 months ago now heading towards serious disease if they catch COVID19 or will you always avoid the most serious of illnesses.

A bit dramatic, but are we in a position where every year there will be a COVID based cull of the elderly/ vulnerable which is more serious than the seasonal flu.

ROG

Aug 29, 2020
Visit site
The point is that in time the greater greater majority will have had covid which then begs the question - what point the vaccine?
If no point then it seems the idea of a yearly cull of the elderly is unlikely to occur any more than or instead of seasonal flu/pneumonia

The point is that in time the greater greater majority will have had covid which then begs the question - what point the vaccine?

As you can catch COVID19 more than once, then a waning immunity whether from vaccine and/ or having had the virus raises the questions: