Hydrochloroquine

Apr 11, 2020
Visit site
I am a 69 y.o. male. Starting back in late January, early February I felt fatigued, had a bit of a dry cough and the worst part was an annoying shortness of breath. This lasted for 2-3 weeks and during this time I had 3 days that I felt nauseated and had diahrea. Frankly I still have a morning cough even now, but it has been productive for a while and is almost gone.

This never got to the point of me feeling like I needed to see my Doctor and C19 was on the news but supposedly not here in the US yet. It wasn't until recently that I put this all together. I may have had it already. When things settle down I will see about an antibody test.

What is interesting is that I have been taking Hydrochloroquine daily for over a year now prescribed by an RA doc. Makes me wonder.

Jim_Robinson

BANNED
Apr 12, 2020
Visit site
This never got to the point of me feeling like I needed to see my Doctor and C19 was on the news but supposedly not here in the US yet. It wasn't until recently that I put this all together. I may have had it already. When things settle down I will see about an antibody test.

There was a study in Iceland recently, where they found out, that a big potion of the infected is asymptomatic (50% in the case of the test population of the study https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/01/europe/iceland-testing-coronavirus-intl/index.html). An even higher amount would include the people with mild symptoms, who also usually do not report themselves. This would mean a much lower mortality rate than currently computed.
Anyway in my view this virus is worse than the flu, because the symptoms last much longer plus the bad symptoms (severe breathing problems, kidney and testicular pain) come in waves, whereas with the flu you have 2-10 days straight symptoms, so you know, if you are eventually healed and good to go.

Apr 11, 2020
Visit site
I think I need to clarify some things: I did not say that hydroxychloroquine helped me. I only reported factually what my experience was with what MIGHT have been mild C19 symptoms and that I have been taking hydroxychloroquine for the last year. I was never tested for C19, I will however get an antibody test as soon as they are available. As far as it being an OTC drug, it is definitely not OTC. Don't jump to conclusions based on what I reported.

Maybe you had the flu, it was out there. It will take quite a while before someone makes sure sense of all this data.

One might help track such things with purchase records. Purchase records are probably the most studied real time data there is. They ought to be able to track colds and flu thru it.

Apr 11, 2020
Visit site
Yes flu is a definite possibility, I got vaccinated for flu last October so it could have been flu but mild. The thing that really makes me wonder though is the shortness of breath, I have never experienced that before. I couldn't walk 20 feet without having to stop, I thought I was going to pass out a couple of times.