Hunters Set to Round Up Giant Burmese Pythons in Florida Challenge

Jan 1, 2020
Visit site
nah they should all be killed be it humanely or inhumanely . One of my American facebook friends told me one day she woke up to find a snake curled up in her bathroom & it scared her

Feb 21, 2020
Visit site
Snakes are necessary and truly amazing. Animal haters are ignorant, educate yourselves.
The educated know that these Python are not a native species to Florida and they are reeking havoc with the eco system down there. They never should have been aloud to be brought into the country to begin with.

Feb 21, 2020
Visit site
This article is somewhat right that they came from the pet industry, but not from owners releasing them. It has been confirmed that these Python came from a breeder who had many of these snakes and they were released when the facility was torn apart during hurricane Katrina.

Jan 24, 2020
Visit site
I am not saying they should not be dealt with. I am against destroying these creatures who should NEVER have been brought here in the first place. When is this industry going to be stopped. Where is PETA?

Feb 21, 2020
Visit site
PETA won't get involved when what is being hunted is a danger to people and all other life in the area. Trying to capture and relocate just isn't feasible. Each female can produce 100 eggs each mating season. They also have no natural predators, they have been known to take on and eat a gator. These snakes should never have been allowed into the country. They, as well as other animals that shouldn't be brought here, are still allowed. So never mind PETA, when is the elected government going to stop allowing such animals to be brought in and kept as pets.

Feb 21, 2020
Visit site
ps. how do we get the law changed so this ceases?
That's a very good question. I don't live in Florida so contacting anyone at the state level wouldn't help. Not sure how much control the federal government has over this. Could contact PETA and see if they are already trying to do this and if they aren't ask how to get PETA involved. If they are involved find out from them what you can do in support . The trouble though is a ban would only prevent new animals from coming in and try to control breeding of current ones already here. A ban might also boost the breeding of the ones already here due to that they would be the only source of new ones.

Feb 21, 2020
Visit site
That's a very good question. I don't live in Florida so contacting state government wouldn't do anything. I don't know if the federal government has any control. Could try contacting PETA and find out if they are already trying. If they are not trying then find out how to get them involved. A ban would only prevent new ones from entering the country. If a ban were to be put in place, the breeding of ones already here would go way up, which means there would probably be more breeding farms

Jan 24, 2020
Visit site
That's a very good question. I don't live in Florida so contacting state government wouldn't do anything. I don't know if the federal government has any control. Could try contacting PETA and find out if they are already trying. If they are not trying then find out how to get them involved. A ban would only prevent new ones from entering the country. If a ban were to be put in place, the breeding of ones already here would go way up, which means there would probably be more breeding farms
Thank you for your reply. I love all creatures on this earth. I hate killing. I know it has to happen sometimes.

Feb 21, 2020
Visit site
Thank you for your reply. I love all creatures on this earth. I hate killing. I know it has to happen sometimes.
Yes I agree. Especially when an animal that's a so called 'pet' is only doing what comes naturaly for it. And giant pythons can eat very large pray https://www.livescience.com/biggest-animal-snakes-swallow.html
Normally they wouldn't go after pray that large but with the limited amount of pray that these animals have available in Florida and no real predators, they pose a real threat to humans as their population grows. What is currently being done in Florida isn't enough to get rid of them completely.