• Welcome to Discovery Month - prizes, podcasts and more await! Explore the thread here.
  • Want to win Lego Fossils and a bundle of Live Science swag? Share your favourite discovery and enter the giveaway here!

Hunters Set to Round Up Giant Burmese Pythons in Florida Challenge

Jan 1, 2020
nah they should all be killed be it humanely or inhumanely . One of my American facebook friends told me one day she woke up to find a snake curled up in her bathroom & it scared her

Feb 21, 2020
Snakes are necessary and truly amazing. Animal haters are ignorant, educate yourselves.
The educated know that these Python are not a native species to Florida and they are reeking havoc with the eco system down there. They never should have been aloud to be brought into the country to begin with.

Feb 21, 2020
This article is somewhat right that they came from the pet industry, but not from owners releasing them. It has been confirmed that these Python came from a breeder who had many of these snakes and they were released when the facility was torn apart during hurricane Katrina.

Jan 24, 2020
I am not saying they should not be dealt with. I am against destroying these creatures who should NEVER have been brought here in the first place. When is this industry going to be stopped. Where is PETA?

ASK THE COMMUNITY