How to shop for groceries during the COVID-19 pandemic

Apr 7, 2020
Visit site
Thank you for the advice. I also recommend that people who wear reusable face masks wash them after each use. I also wipe down all my groceries, with alcohol wipes, as soon as I bring them in the house. Since the virus can live for hours or days on some surfaces.

I can see no reason to not wash some produce. An apple has a skin which, as long as you rinse the soap off rapidly, will keep the soap out. Oranges, grapefruit, tomatoes, squash - really a lot of produce can be safely washed. Yes, you need to rinse it well, but that is not brain surgery. If you taste soap when you eat it, don't eat it and rinse it better next time.
Also, stay more than 6 feet away, that is far too close. And if you can, cover your face entirely with some kind of plastic, goggles are better than nothing. And try to slow the air down around your face, as much as possible - do not workout anywhere around other people - keep your breathing very slow. Gloves are a great idea, as they say they will get contaminated so you can not forget and touch your face with them, but I believe anything which tends to remind you you are touching your face is helpful, and gloves will help.

Mar 5, 2020
Visit site
Even though the "experts" have finally figured out that masks do the same for everyone (not just healthcare workers) they still miss many preventative measures based on their own data. Unless you wear your mask over your eyes you need sealed goggles (like swim goggles). Additionally, there is no mention here of spreading it around and in your home from your shoes or on your clothes.