How to protect your DNA data

Governments around the globe seem to be salivating at the opportunity available from DNA data bases to control/monitor/trend citizens health and possible behavior, and possibly early identify those citizens that could become a financial, medical, criminal, etc burdens to the ruling establishment/infrastructure. Note: an individual inherits 100% of his/hers genetic makeup from up to the 5 prior generations. This article is a timely caution.

Reactions: Jason West
Jan 12, 2023
Visit site
I've read the article, but anyway didn't get how they can use my DNA data? How can I protect my DNA and personal data, when I'm constantly being bombarded by websites and accept their cookies?
I'm quite selective with platforms/websites I share my DNA data with. This can include being cautious about sharing your DNA data with companies or organizations that may use it for purposes you do not approve of, such as targeted advertising or genetic research.
I'm really careful about the personal information I share online, such as email addresses. For example,
do you know if you use LinkedIn to connect with others in your field, be sure to set your profile to private so that only your connections can see your information? Additionally, you can extract email addresses from LinkedIn by using a data scraping tool, but be cautious and use it only for legitimate purposes.
It is also important to note that once your DNA data is shared with a third party, you may lose control over how it is used or shared, so consider this before sharing your DNA data with anyone.

Last edited:
Commercial DNA data bases do not have the same evidentiary standards required by laws for the judicial process. The use of commercial DNA data bases by police runs the risk of misidentification and police harassment of self and family members with the possibility of destroying employment based upon "suspicion". Yes, open criminal cases have been solved via the use of commercial DNA data bases. Rule: "Never trust the government, always have a lawyer when dealing with the judicial system".