How To How To Install Chrome Extension?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 20, 2020
Visit site
Hello everyone. First of all, I want to say that, I am new to this forum. I have not been able to install any extensions in my computer's Chrome browser for the last few days. Whenever I try to install an extension, Chrome extensions get blocked by the administrator showing this type of message. Guys, I have no idea why this is happening and how to fix this issue. Anyone can help me to solve this issue? Any help will be appreciated.

Apr 20, 2020
Visit site
So, I found this by searching on Google yesterday and solved the problem. I just deleted the Chrome container from the Registry Editor. Now I can install any extensions in Chrome without any problem.

Jan 12, 2023
Visit site
There could be a few reasons why you are unable to install extensions in your Chrome browser. One possible reason is that your computer's administrator has set policies that prevent you from installing extensions. To check if this is the case, you can try the following steps:
  1. Open Chrome and type "chrome://policy" in the address bar and press Enter.
  2. Look for any policies that are related to extensions. If you see any policies that are set to "Disabled" or "Not set," then they may be preventing you from installing extensions.
  3. If you are on a work or school computer, contact your IT department to see if there are any policies that are preventing you from installing extensions.
Another possible reason is a corrupted chrome profile, you can try to create a new profile, that should fix the issue. To do this:
  1. Click on the three dots on the top right corner of your browser.
  2. Go to Settings
  3. Scroll down to the bottom and click on the "Advanced" button.
  4. In the "Users" section, click on "Add new user."
  5. Follow the prompts to create a new user profile.
  6. Log in to the new profile and try installing the extension again.
If none of these steps work, you may want to try reinstalling Chrome or checking if your computer is running any anti-virus or firewall software that may be blocking the installation of extensions.
It's worth noting that if you are still unable to install extensions after trying these steps, it's always good to check if there are any updates available for chrome and also check the chrome support site for more information

Reactions: MariJu
Status
Not open for further replies.