How to actually stop police brutality, according to science

Jun 4, 2020
Visit site
This article only interviews white men, does not include any input from those currently protesting, fails to distinguish between correlation and causation, and fails to provide actionable items - the "how to" of a how-to. It's just an overview of descriptive research about police violence rather than an assessment of actual practical tactics that would satisfy the promise of the headline. Disappointing.

Jun 4, 2020
Visit site
cops are no different then the common criminal, except that cops get away with it and they do what ever they want without the worry of repercussions. now if that can change then ill be impressed, but we all know that will never happen.

Reactions: Royce Patton
This is the BEST and most constructive article I've seen yet on how to instill real change in the police force. I honestly don't know what those who disagree are talking about - I'm reading 5 excellent suggestions starting with #1 - TRACK the problem. This is an actual productive conversation about what can be done to change and improve the situation. Protests get attention, but there has to be a goal. This is a step in the right direction. Thank you. Most police are hard-working, caring persons who simply want to keep their communities safe from harm, and those of you who disagree - I sincerely hope you get the opportunity to see what life is like without them.

Jun 9, 2020
Visit site
cops are no different then the common criminal, except that cops get away with it and they do what ever they want without the worry of repercussions. now if that can change then ill be impressed, but we all know that will never happen.
I was tormented, terrorized and tortured by the North Adams, MA police, I was stripped of all of my resources and left homeless and penniless in the harsh cold winter streets. It was so bad I repressed it and the memories came flooding back during another police incident. I have tried letting all of the proper authorities know. I filled out paperwork, complaint form etc and nothing has been done. The FBI even refuses to look at it despite the fact that I still have all the evidence I need to prove what I'm saying is true. I have documents, photos and even a video tape. Sadly to this day nobody has ever cared enough to even talk to me about it let alone look at any of my evidence. Where does a person turn for help in a situation like this? This problem goes back over a decade and nobody wants to deal with anything this deep and twisted. I have sent police documents, documents that were supposed to be dealt with in a timely fashion that have not been dealt with at all, to every agency I can think of all to no avail :-(