Question How Prepared For A Coronavirus Quarantine Are You?

Page 2 - For the science geek in everyone, Live Science breaks down the stories behind the most interesting news and photos on the Internet.
Mar 23, 2020
Visit site
it wasn't to long ago that many Americans lived outside of cities and literally stocked up only once a month. Even as a child my mother only shopped once a month. It is a form of prepping but its just the way we lived and budgeted our lives especially if you were a farmer, it had little to do with survival. That said my Grandfather had an awesome bomb shelter during the early stages of the nuclear war threats of the 60's
Same here. I'm a Southerner and grew up with parents who grew up during the Depression. It's in the blood. And lots of hurricanes .

Reactions: HeckSpawn
In South Sudan where I live access to prevention facilities is very limited, many households can hardly afford soap and water is bought from those vending water using water tank trucks. I wonder how lockdown will go with us, perhaps we will either die of hunger, thirst or Covid19.

Reactions: KNIGHT22
Apr 2, 2020
Visit site
As a poor and always harried college student, I don't have too much money (or space) to stock up on food but the quarantine has at least allowed me to catch up with pending assignments :D And that's the only silver lining to this dark dark cloud :(

With recommendations that people self quarantine for 14 days in the event they come into contact with Coronavirus, how prepared are you?

Personally, this isn't something that I've ever given much thought to. Being prepared to my mind was more about natural disasters, not something Northern Ireland is known for, than sickness.

With that said I've been thinking about it a lot recently and have decided that having something on hand makes sense. I'm aiming to have plenty of rice and beans with a good supply of vitamins. Most definitely not panic buying, but I feel it's a sensible precaution.

Likewise, I've got a solid supply of toilet paper and hand sanitizer. Those are items that I've read tend to run low very quickly

How about you, do you have a plan of action or any food already stored in the event you need to remain inside for two weeks or longer? How would you spend the time?
Well, we in the UK have seen the ridiculous panic buying at the start of what is laughingly called a lock down. Lock downs mean troops on the street and papers required to allow movement. It has never been like that here, unlike France and other continental countries.
Having said that the general response from the public has been very good, our parks and other places of attraction have been virtually deserted, roads are empty at times when there would be traffic delays. Admittedly this has been largely due to the closing of non essential businesses, schools, other services and sports events. Hell, even the Queen has insisted that there be no official celebrations of her birthday like the usual Trooping of the Colour and firing of guns from The Tower of London. No museums, galleries, no restaurants or cafes, NO PUBS!
There have been the odd idiots who don't think it should include them, house parties of 25+ including professional DJ and sound systems and fireworks. Police broke these up and fined the ringleaders. Fining is a pretty soft way of dealing with dangerous idiots like them as young children were present.
As for panic buying that's done with now, even toilet rolls and canned (Italian) tomatoes are available but some vegetables in scarce supply as they come from Spain.

I think two things MUST come out of this.

Firstly, China MUST be punished for the source of the outbreak due entirely to filthy unhygienic conditions in street markets. Killing dogs and snakes and pangolins and all kinds of animals in brutally cruel ways in the most filthy site even after the outbreak of SARS and other viruses. Today, literally today foreign eyewitnesses have seen these markets open yet again with no improvement to hygiene.

Will the world have to endure further lethal outbreaks because the Chinese exhibit disgusting unacceptable behaviour? The answer is obviously no, so world leaders have to show backbone and discuss what they intend to do about them. But they need to remember that it's the rest of the world that holds the power not China. It's the world that uses China as a cheap source of manufacturing and the world should it turn to other more responsible countries bankrupt China virtually overnight.

Secondly. The world must be fully prepared for future outbreaks.

That means over production of all types of PPE, centrally stored and ready. Likewise adequate temporary hospital facilities need to be built and ready for the inevitable outbreaks of the future.

May 5, 2020
Visit site
Poorly, or well, depending on your view. I have white rice and beans for 60-days, and 100 vitamin tablets. But white rice is iffy for grain protein, and the vitamins are high (1000%) in B12 (which my body seems to hoard). I have a month or 3 of ivory soap, and washcloths (little toilet paper). And my bills are paid, so...

May 21, 2020
Visit site
It can't catch me. I'm going outside CNN which I don't trust with a crap and going into oan news Newport news and about 10 different well trained well license doctors giving their discussion on this so it's like I said I'm prepared and they can't catch me them Little critters

Jul 29, 2020
Visit site
With recommendations that people self quarantine for 14 days in the event they come into contact with Coronavirus, how prepared are you?

Personally, this isn't something that I've ever given much thought to. Being prepared to my mind was more about natural disasters, not something Northern Ireland is known for, than sickness.

With that said I've been thinking about it a lot recently and have decided that having something on hand makes sense. I'm aiming to have plenty of rice and beans with a good supply of vitamins. Most definitely not panic buying, but I feel it's a sensible precaution.

Likewise, I've got a solid supply of toilet paper and hand sanitizer. Those are items that I've read tend to run low very quickly

How about you, do you have a plan of action or any food already stored in the event you need to remain inside for two weeks or longer? How would you spend the time?

Why is this question so dated? Aren't there any newer discussions?
I've been sheltering at home for months now, with no problem. It's a bit easier now that the whole U.S. isn't doing it anymore. It helps that I'm collecting Social Security. I learned how to cut my own hair. I do my shopping online to be delivered and/or curbside pickup. I do take the dog for a walk outside, but I stay well away from other people. I've cancelled appointments; I can wait until there's a vaccine before I reemerge into the world.

ZipFile

BANNED
Aug 16, 2020
Visit site

I had coronovirus so I can roll in it with no need to be quarantined

ZipFile, where were you located with the virus? When? Did a test confirm C-19? What were your symptoms and what was your treatment. How long was your discomfort? Do you know any who have had it, and what happened to them?

ZipFile

BANNED
Aug 16, 2020
Visit site
ZipFile, where were you located with the virus? When? Did a test confirm C-19? What were your symptoms and what was your treatment. How long was your discomfort? Do you know any who have had it, and what happened to them?
I had covid 19 so did the rest of my family, the common cold was more aggravating. I am in NJ, we had the virus in March and could not have gotten tested if we begged because we were not sick enough. My symptoms were severe sweating to the point I had to remove my shirt, the sweating ended in under half an hour. The next day I got severe stomach pains and took off the next day a Friday. On Friday I woke up to no symptoms at all until later in the day when the stomach pains came out as diarrhea. The next day all was normal no pains or weakness but at dinner I told my wife that I could not taste my food, since I never coughed it took 6 weeks to figure out that I had it. My wife lost her hearing for 5 days and my son puked in the gym he was the sickest perhaps but if he did not tell us we would not have known. I hope you are not childish enough to say that if I was not tested that I was not sick because they were refusing healthy people to be tested which is why the death rate was so wrongly high. LOL bring it on, they want MY BLOOD FOR A VACCINE OR TREATMENT. Who helped me?

Aug 20, 2020
Visit site
This has been a real challenge!
In my case this situation has impacted mainly my mental health, I was used to a free and relaxed lifestyle, going out frequently for walks in the open air, eating in cafes, visiting my family and friends and traveling occasionally, I am not an indoors person that is fine with being locked up all day.
Luckily, a friend recommended me to find professional help, and I'm happy I listened to him. With professional help of my psychiatrist at Southern Winds Hospital, I can apply techniques that help me keep my anxiety under control and avoid panic attacks.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2020
Visit site

Oct 9, 2020
Visit site
I try to keep well prepared for just about anything, having lived off grid for the past decade or so. I'm better prepared these days than I was a few years back. We just moved to a very remote location with a year round growing season, plentiful fish & game, lots of sun and rain, and no heating or cooling needed. Best of all, someone's Smithfield delivery was delivered to us by mistake, so we're keeping it...

Attachments

• 20200418_094106.jpg
    20200418_094106.jpg
    711.8 KB · Views: 2
Oct 19, 2020
Visit site
There is no way to test/quarantine people with a virus that infects the host yet the host remains asymptomatic for anywhere from 3 to 37 days. Quarantine should only be for those who are vulnerable and the healthy should be able to go about their days with cautionary measures explained. The horse left the barn way before any restriction was enacted.
Yeppers, and the cdc has reported in August that approx 9700 deaths were cv19 only. Just the fourth attempted coup is all it is.

Oct 13, 2020
Visit site
I have about a years worth of supplies on hand. With the food supply issue world wide I believe it would be in peoples best interest to buy while the prices are low and there arent restrictions. China is already rationing their citizens and Australia is getting ready to follow suit it seems.

Oct 20, 2020
Visit site
" . . .prepared for corona virus . . " You mean Mexico is going to come out with a new beer, right? Isn't this a site about SCIENCE?

What science told us about the Diamond Princess was well analyzed by Donald L. Luskin on this video,
https://trendmacro.com/videos/what-youre-not-hearing-about-covid-2019-panic

Of the 3711 people quarantined only 7 people died. That’s only 0.00188628402047965507949339800593 or 1.8862840204796550794933980059 PERCENT. All and every claim by ANYONE else with 10%, 20%, 30% or higher death rates are all lies.

The bioentity, covid-19, is a man made entity, which many ER doctors are saying is not a virus, they do not know what it is, but it is not a virus.

Not only is this covid-19 bioentity malevolently formulated and programmed it was released intentionally and everything the world’s people were/are told about it is a lie. Designed to create world wide panic, a feat accomplished by the world’s media with an unprecedented, maniacal frenzy of lies on a relentless 24/7/365 basis.

Dr Anthony S. Fauci began the formulation of this bioentity in the United States. Due to the laws in the USA forbidding manufacturing bio-entities, Fauci had to move the project outside the USA. He selected Communist China, a lab in Wuhan. Fauci then funneled $370,000,000 of our taxpayer’s money to continue the project there.

Dr. Li Meng Yan a Virologist, was interviewed by Hannity on FOX News recently, revealing this information and more. Dr. Judy Mikovits is another Virologist that has incontrovertible evidence of Dr. Fauci's malfeasance in the Covid-19 bio-entity and his efforts leading to millions of deaths secondary to the original HIV outbreak. This covid-19 bio-entity is very survivable with a morbidity rate of only 0.19%! It is 5.5 times less deadly than the normal seasonal flu that we see every fall.

SEEK the science, seek the truth it out there.