How early was the coronavirus really circulating in Italy?

Nov 29, 2020
Visit site
Absolutely!!!! I've been saying this! Summer 2019. I was the sickest I'd ever been in my life while in Florence, Italy for study abroad with USF at Florence Institute of Arts. No drugs, inhalers, prednisone, antibiotics would work. The whole city seemed to have a horrible Bronchitis style flu. I was sick for a month before coming home, then it came back even worse!!! I have lung scarring & asthma now. Italy, esp Florence had so many Asian tourists, it looked like a Chinese city. I lived in a dorm apt on Via Racasoli, the narrow residential city street leading to both the Statue of David & the Duomo plaza, so you could imagine.... #covid2019 #COVID19outbreak #COVID #coviditaly #firenze #italy

pcm

Dec 14, 2020
Visit site
Absolutely!!!! I've been saying this! Summer 2019. I was the sickest I'd ever been in my life while in Florence, Italy for study abroad with USF at Florence Institute of Arts. No drugs, inhalers, prednisone, antibiotics would work. The whole city seemed to have a horrible Bronchitis style flu. I was sick for a month before coming home, then it came back even worse!!! I have lung scarring & asthma now. Italy, esp Florence had so many Asian tourists, it looked like a Chinese city. I lived in a dorm apt on Via Racasoli, the narrow residential city street leading to both the Statue of David & the Duomo plaza, so you could imagine.... #covid2019 #COVID19outbreak #COVID #coviditaly #firenze #italy

I was in Florence Italy at the end of August 2019. It is exactly as you described it with the tourist population. By the time I got to Rome I was getting ill, high fevers, intest. issues, pneumonia in 4 days. I nearly died there. I was able to return to the states a few weeks later and i don't know how I made it back or survived. It took 9 months to recover and I am left with hearing loss.