How does the new coronavirus compare with the flu?

Page 4 - For the science geek in everyone, Live Science breaks down the stories behind the most interesting news and photos on the Internet.

ROG

Aug 29, 2020
Visit site
NOW in the UK we have a situation where the virus has done its worst with about 1000 deaths per day at its peak
We are now getting an average of about 10 covid related deaths per day and that is with the infection rate rising!
The UK average daily death rate for everything is about 1500

Like many other diseases that have gone around the world in history, it kills off the weak and vulnerable then goes on to mildly infect the rest

The daft UK Govt is still using infection rates to react instead of hospital admissions and deaths
Nobody knows exactly how many are infected at any one time but we do have exact figures for deaths and hospital admissions

Aug 31, 2020
Visit site
NOW in the UK we have a situation where the virus has done its worst with about 1000 deaths per day at its peak
We are now getting an average of about 10 covid related deaths per day and that is with the infection rate rising!
The UK average daily death rate for everything is about 1500

Like many other diseases that have gone around the world in history, it kills off the weak and vulnerable then goes on to mildly infect the rest

The daft UK Govt is still using infection rates to react instead of hospital admissions and deaths
Nobody knows exactly how many are infected at any one time but we do have exact figures for deaths and hospital admissions

Here in the US I think the policy (however unspoken and unpublished) is to accept these exact type of losses as collateral damage of sorts. Many do not agree with this policy but as long as it remains unspoken of, that is what the policies are becoming - at least in the current administration. What the next might bring or achieve, I cannot say. Certainly the few small areas that are the most successful are the ones that follow the original CDC's original recommendations.

ROG

Aug 29, 2020
Visit site
12 people/6 couples go out in 2 groups of 6 which keep 2 metres apart
They start off with 6 males in one group and 6 females in the other
Then later they split into 2 groups of 3 couples
That is legal and mixing 12 not 6
It is a joke

Until we see hospital admissions significantly rising then covid is no worse than influenza
Since mid July in the UK influenza has a higher death rate than covid

12 people/6 couples go out in 2 groups of 6 which keep 2 metres apart
They start off with 6 males in one group and 6 females in the other
Then later they split into 2 groups of 3 couples
That is legal and mixing 12 not 6
It is a joke

Governments/ Health professionals attempt to place policies in place to save lives and people will work out a way to get around it to rubbish it rather than work with it.

Ireland restricted the number of people that could congregate in pubs and restaurants; the intention was to prevent people mixing and potentially passing the virus... I think it was 10 indoors but groups of 50 were ok outdoors... The result was the businesses moved tables outside and you have paths blocked with punters.

Governments are trying to keep life normal, but if people abuse it or the media try to make it confusing then the simple answer is lock everything down.

this is one of the most beautiful examples I've ever seen of the total reverse reality that so many people live in.

that makes rational discussion impossible.

It appears you have read one comment elsewhere and then quoted me for an unconnected argument - My post is in relation to the public trying to abuse or rubbish a position to justify acting as they always would.

that gave rise to the looting, arson and murder so prevalent in america today, as a for instance.

Look at it: 'Governments are trying to keep life normal' !!!

Look at it. !!!

Would you please give examples of Coronavirus linked looting, arson etc... within teh UK and Ireland which my comment was in reference too.
On a side note it would be interesting how you would separate coronavirus related issues in America as many Governers opposed lockdowns and the majority of violence in circulation is in connection with non-coronavirus issues.
I am looking at the [trying to keep] normal we are in presently and comparing it to the full lockdown. I trust you would agree the Government are trying to avoid a lockdown?

The whole bloody point is that governments have made life so abnormal as to effectively kill the country. Kill. Murder. Destroy.

Jobs, homes, savings, futures, health, wealth, educations, hope, ambition.. everything destroyed.

And not least but first and foremost: rationality. Honesty Truth Reason.

Madness. 'governments are trying to keep life normal' !! My god.

And presumably this person believes what they're saying.

In the UK (I am working in Ireland presently) I understand you can have a beer in a pub, watch a football game on TV with a good friend and send your child to school come Monday.
I can book a holiday if I wish so please tell me what has been destroyed in your day-to-day life that realistically impacts you and looking out side of the UK are you able to suggest a country which has a 'better quality of life' you wish you had in connection with coronavirus restrictions.

Sep 23, 2020
Visit site
Not all flues get reported not all people go,to the doctor get your facts straight I think the best preemptive thing people can do to help stop the spread of any illness is self isolate like the medical professions are saying the things that happen though are the other family members don't self isolate these flu bugs cold bugs virus bugs jump from one person to another keep washing your hands and watch what you handle Stay healthy

May 25, 2021
Visit site
Comparing the flu to the new coronavirus is like comparing apples and oranges.

The new coronavirus has only been infecting humans for about a month while the flu has been infecting humans for more than half a year.

The flu wasn't even being reported on in its first month.

This coronavirus seems to be more infective than the flu and more deadly.
You can check the CDC revises website info on how COVID-19 spreads. Click Here

Have you watched the media news for the past 4-5 years? It's self evident. Any fool that has watched this....has experienced lie after lie from academia and government. And our media watchdog feeds and promotes this frenzy. Russia, Russia, Russia. Only one of multiple examples. And all of this.....from modern academic degreed individuals. AND THEN, academia has the gull and hypocrisy to complain about their own fruit. Indoctrinated academia products. Not a critical thinker among them. They just stamp them out now. That's why they are so spoiled and phony.

I worked hard, gave military service, lived and raised a decent family, and paid for your stupidity with my labor.

I have earned not only my opinion, but yours as well.

If you need more examples, your education has failed you, or you have failed it.

((Your life, no matter how privileged, educated and pampered, does not exempt you from civility and decency. Freedom comes with social responsibility and duty. It's the difference between a free man and a subject. A free man is self constrained in society, a subject only has to obey the law. Man's law, is his only decency. This is a poor man, no mater how wealthy.

What source has molded you? Your religion? Your parents? Your teachers and education? Who raised the person that you have become? Are you raising children? What will they become? Will they be civil and decent? This is a free man's responsibility, not the the government.....government knows nothing about responsibility, for they are never accountable for it. That's why our Constitution limits and constrains government.

Decency is the only law needed. The only one that needs to be taught. And NOW, decency is a forgotten/forbidden concept. It is no longer seen nor heard.

There can be NO safe freedom, without decency. Decency IS safe freedom. A freedom from your animal nature....giving safety to all. This HAS to be taught, it is NOT natural for man. This is self evident for a mature adult raising children.

Your decency or lack of it, exposes your true intellect.))

Your generation will die without it. Good luck, your gonna need it.

Have you watched the media news for the past 4-5 years? It's self evident. Any fool that has watched this....has experienced lie after lie from academia and government. And our media watchdog feeds and promotes this frenzy. Russia, Russia, Russia. Only one of multiple examples. And all of this.....from modern academic degreed individuals. AND THEN, academia has the gull and hypocrisy to complain about their own fruit. Indoctrinated academia products. Not a critical thinker among them. They just stamp them out now. That's why they are so spoiled and phony.

I worked hard, gave military service, lived and raised a decent family, and paid for your stupidity with my labor.

I have earned not only my opinion, but yours as well.

If you need more examples, your education has failed you, or you have failed it.

As you haven't given any examples yourself I can only assume you are a crazy conspiracy theorist... Oh hang on, haven't you given military service to kill and destroy purely for someone to profit and the whole of you military life is purely one big lie?

How have you earned your opinion by killing innocents for a lie?