How do galaxies grow while ensnared in the universe's cosmic web?

Jan 13, 2024
Visit site
These scientists should urgently look at the Electric Universe model. Seems weird to simulate something that isn't understood at all. Current understanding has no idea why these filaments form in the first place.

These scientists should urgently look at the Electric Universe model.
Scientists consider pseudoscience harmful.

The term plasma universe is sometimes used as a synonym for plasma cosmology,[2] as an alternative description of the plasma in the universe.[1] Plasma cosmology is distinct from pseudoscientific ideas collectively called the Electric Universe, though proponents of each are known to be sympathetic to each other.[5][6] These pseudoscientific ideas vary widely[7] but generally claim that electric currents flow into stars and power them like light bulbs, contradicting well established scientific theories and observations showing that stars are powered by nuclear fusion.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plasma_cosmology

Seems weird to simulate something that isn't understood at all. Current understanding has no idea why these filaments form in the first place.
Science usefulness comes in that it is evolving, expanding descriptions, so claiming that it must be like a pseudoscience belief is like claiming that a hammer is failing because the building is under construction. Instead it is the construction that proves the hammer useful.

If you can model some phenomena you understand what is the essential parts of it - it is the usefulness of modeling.

Jan 13, 2024
Visit site
I think it's funny that you quoted wikipedia at me. In my field wikipedia is considered absolute garbage.

Critical thinking requires looking at all data before reaching a conclusion. Otherwise all you have is selection bias.

I think if you were to look at the "pseudoscientist" Wall Thornhill and his predictions before NASA space missions, and contrast them to NASAs own predictions, you'd be very surprised. Predictive power is what validates a model.

I'm sorry, but your hammer analogy doesn't work at all in this case. If might even apply better at your calling "pseudoscience" a school of thought you haven't even looked at.

Latest posts