How Can I Protect Myself from the Coronavirus?

5lXd426.jpg

The coronavirus outbreak has many people worried, but instead of letting yourself get caught up in the fear, it’s more productive to be informed. As with any other illness, you can protect yourself if you follow some basic steps. Here’s how to keep yourself safe from the coronavirus:

YBYekax.jpg

1. Wash your hands.
Every public restroom has this sign up for a reason. The point of washing your hands is to kill germs that you pick up from touching everyday surfaces. Viruses can live for a surprising amount of time on things like countertops, door handles and the like, but they can also be killed with soap and disinfectants containing alcohol. Whether you’re in a public place or the comfort of your own home, regularly wash your hands with soap and warm water.

uWol8P9.jpg

2. Avoid crowded locations.
The best way to avoid getting sick is to avoid those who already are. Simple, right? Limiting your exposure means you’ll be less likely to be infected, so stay away from crowded public places. When you have to leave the house, keep at least three feet between you and others when possible, and cover your nose and mouth if you suspect you’re near someone who’s sick.

3. Don’t touch your mouth, nose, or eyes.
These are the easiest places for a virus to enter your body, so don’t give it a free ride. After you’ve been in a public place, don’t touch your face unless you’ve washed your hands thoroughly. Even then, it’s best to avoid contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 5, 2020
Visit site
Keeping in mind the virus is active on surfaces for 9 days and mortality rate is 3.4% (so we've been told) compared to .095 for type A and B influenza (2019-2020) and the .13 micron virus piggybacks on moisture/vapor particles over 2.5 microns:

Low profile out of house/shopping: lime green or desert camo Neoprene RV mask with a supply of N100/N99 filters (although N95/P2.5 will do), full seal swim goggles/glasses (the ones that look like normal glasses/sunglasses, flesh colored latex gloves.

In house: hand sanitizer for returning home and handling packages and mail deliveries. Bleach cleaner for floors/countertops especially where packages/mail groceries have been brought inside. Dispose of all grocery bags. No-scent Lysol spray for incoming groceries. Avoid fresh produce which cannot be easily sterilized (like lettuce).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-05 at 9.13.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-05 at 9.13.29 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
Reactions: JAXX1
There is no protection only acceptance that your symptoms are asymptomatic or mildy symptomatic to recovery.
Wherever they are wet open markets the potential will be there, in places the demand for bush meat has brought level 4 contagions of various types of hemorrhagic fevers in Africa & level 3 contagion China's Corona viruses.

Mar 25, 2020
Visit site
- Stay away from people
- Wear a mask when around other people (but we have a shortage of masks!)
- Wash your hands often, and don't touch your face
- Take care of your general health: nutrition, sleep, exercise, stress management, etc.
- Vitamin D3, Vitamin C, fish oil, probiotics, ginger root tea

Mar 30, 2020
Visit site
thats a good question..
first thing we know symptoms, precuations and treatments

1. Self Care
wash your hands
drink plenty of water
keep clean your body
wear mask (if you are outside)
wear gloves (if you are outside)

how can we fight against covid-19
thats to easy because we know that we all have to busy life in normal days
and we can't give so much time to our family and the best thing now a days environment is going to clean

we will fight covid-19 in simple ways
we should stay home
dnt go outside until necessary
if we have to go outside then we should go with our care

lockdown is a best solution now because we dont have vaccine nd medicine so stay home and stay safe:

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 4, 2020
Visit site
In addition to what the OP mentioned you've got to wear a mask in public. Any mask is better than none. Looks like the west is finally realizing that the east was right all along about the positive effects of the usage of masks.

Face masks are costly and currently hard to find but they are out there if you look hard enough. Just be careful with price gouging. Stay safe out there!

[redacted]

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 7, 2020
Visit site
- Stay away from people
- Wear a mask when around other people (but we have a shortage of masks!)
- Wash your hands often, and don't touch your face
- Take care of your general health: nutrition, sleep, exercise, stress management, etc.
- Vitamin D3, Vitamin C, fish oil, probiotics, ginger root tea
I think most infections occur in closed spaces like grocery stores, airports, fitness clubs etc.. The virus is in the air and gets in through your eyes or nose. I don't think masks are fully effective because your eyes are exposed and masks do not completely filter the virus. My logic is based on personal experience with other viruses. I am sensitive like a canary in a coal mine with respect to viruses. I usually pick up a virus during every airplane trip. It probably explains why India has only 1% of the infection rate in the USA. There are very few grocery and department stores. Most shops are open-air stalls so there is less chance of picking up the virus from the air. So avoid supermarkets. Buy online and carefully wipe off the packages with disinfectant.

Reactions: rosee14
Apr 9, 2020
Visit site
I am a 68 year old retired dentist living in a rural area of the State of Washington. Maybe my experiences as a dentist might be of help to some. Let me start by saying though that I am as perplexed as some of the experts are as to how rapidly this virus has spread, at least in some situations. Dentists examine people's mouths. We do it with a mirror in one hand and an explorer in the other. As we examine a patients open mouth, we are about a foot away or even less, sometimes asking questions, with the patient answering. I have never worn a mask while examining a patient and I honestly can say that in 30 years I have never caught anything doing exams that way. If a patient had an obvious head cold, I would be careful not to breath much, but still even then I would usually not wear a mask. Also, I tend to catch head colds about once a year, but never from doing a patient exam. I never seem to get the flu. I do not know why. Years ago, while drilling inside of a patient's mouth, I used to never wear a mask either, but during the last 15 years or so I would wear a shield to protect against splatter from the drill etc. Prior to not using a shield, I would occasionally pick something up from working inside of a patient's mouth, but at the time the only thing that dentists were really concerned about was acquiring Hepatitis B, but you could only get the disease with direct blood to blood contact, not from a patient cough. Later Hepatitis C and Aids came along. But they were also virtually impossible to catch from saliva. Anyway, maybe this will be a help to some of you. It seems to me that you will not get the disease if you have incidental close contact with an infected person unless they cough in your direction. Being in an enclosed area with an infected person over a period of time might be a different story. Although simple talking from an infected person could theoretically give you the disease, in my experience the chances are extremely unlikely. Catching the disease outdoors is virtually impossible in my opinion, especially if there is any kind of a breeze, which probably makes the beach one of the safest places of all, even without much social distancing. I only try to reduce the odds of getting the disease down to something acceptable for me, not entirely eliminating the possibility. I do not wear a mask in public, but I certainly do wash my hands a lot more.

Apr 7, 2020
Visit site
I think you may have higher than normal immunity or acquired immunity due to your profession. I have just the opposite experience. I am like a canary in a coal mine when it comes to catching a cold or flu from a person several feet away. I catch them at parties, restaurants, etc. even if I keep a considerable distance from people. After an airplane flight, I usually come down with a cold or flu. Finally, I found a herbal immunity booster lozenge that claimed it can stop that and many reviews confirmed it. So far it looks like it is working 100% of the time. It seems to prevent the infection if I take it before the flight and if I catch one someplace it gets rid of it in no time.

Apr 10, 2021
Visit site
5lXd426.jpg

The coronavirus outbreak has many people worried, but instead of letting yourself get caught up in the fear, it’s more productive to be informed. As with any other illness, you can protect yourself if you follow some basic steps. Here’s how to keep yourself safe from the coronavirus:

YBYekax.jpg

1. Wash your hands.
Every public restroom has this sign up for a reason. The point of washing your hands is to kill germs that you pick up from touching everyday surfaces. Viruses can live for a surprising amount of time on things like countertops, door handles and the like, but they can also be killed with soap and disinfectants containing alcohol. Whether you’re in a public place or the comfort of your own home, regularly wash your hands with soap and warm water.

uWol8P9.jpg

2. Avoid crowded locations.
The best way to avoid getting sick is to avoid those who already are. Simple, right? Limiting your exposure means you’ll be less likely to be infected, so stay away from crowded public places. When you have to leave the house, keep at least three feet between you and others when possible, and cover your nose and mouth if you suspect you’re near someone who’s sick.

3. Don’t touch your mouth, nose, or eyes.
These are the easiest places for a virus to enter your body, so don’t give it a free ride. After you’ve been in a public place, don’t touch your face unless you’ve washed your hands thoroughly. Even then, it’s best to avoid contact.
While I have not seen any medical recommendation for the use of vitamin D to help prevent or minimize the effects of COVID 19, there is a clear correlation between reduced levels of vitamin D and increased cases of illness from the flu. Getting more sunshine on your skin or taking vitamin D supplements could reduce the number or severity of COVID 19 cases. People spend too much time inside.

Reactions: veerediwedding
Status
Not open for further replies.