How Can I Protect Myself from the Coronavirus?

The coronavirus outbreak has many people worried, but instead of letting yourself get caught up in the fear, it’s more productive to be informed. As with any other illness, you can protect yourself if you follow some basic steps. Here’s how to keep yourself safe from the coronavirus:

1. Wash your hands.
Every public restroom has this sign up for a reason. The point of washing your hands is to kill germs that you pick up from touching everyday surfaces. Viruses can live for a surprising amount of time on things like countertops, door handles and the like, but they can also be killed with soap and disinfectants containing alcohol. Whether you’re in a public place or the comfort of your own home, regularly wash your hands with soap and warm water.

2. Avoid crowded locations.
The best way to avoid getting sick is to avoid those who already are. Simple, right? Limiting your exposure means you’ll be less likely to be infected, so stay away from crowded public places. When you have to leave the house, keep at least three feet between you and others when possible, and cover your nose and mouth if you suspect you’re near someone who’s sick.

3. Don’t touch your mouth, nose, or eyes.
These are the easiest places for a virus to enter your body, so don’t give it a free ride. After you’ve been in a public place, don’t touch your face unless you’ve washed your hands thoroughly. Even then, it’s best to avoid contact.

Mar 5, 2020
Keeping in mind the virus is active on surfaces for 9 days and mortality rate is 3.4% (so we've been told) compared to .095 for type A and B influenza (2019-2020) and the .13 micron virus piggybacks on moisture/vapor particles over 2.5 microns:

Low profile out of house/shopping: lime green or desert camo Neoprene RV mask with a supply of N100/N99 filters (although N95/P2.5 will do), full seal swim goggles/glasses (the ones that look like normal glasses/sunglasses, flesh colored latex gloves.

In house: hand sanitizer for returning home and handling packages and mail deliveries. Bleach cleaner for floors/countertops especially where packages/mail groceries have been brought inside. Dispose of all grocery bags. No-scent Lysol spray for incoming groceries. Avoid fresh produce which cannot be easily sterilized (like lettuce).

Attachments

Mar 16, 2020
Michael F. Holick, MD, PhD, Professor of Physiology and Biophysics, and leading authority on vitamin D, writes:

"Most children and adults are vitamin D deficient in the winter. Essentially no vitamin D can be made from sun exposure during the months of November through March if you live above or below 35 degrees latitude (e.g. Busan, S. Korea, Xi'an, China, Atlanta, USA or Malaga, Spain).

It has been suggested that there is a seasonal stimulus for developing viral infections such as the flu during the winter time. At the time of the peak flu season in the winter is at exactly the same time a person's vitamin D status [blood level of 25-hydroxyvitamin D] is at its lowest level. Vitamin D plays an important role in maintaining a healthy immune system and therefore winter-associated vitamin D deficiency can weaken the immune system increasing the risk of developing viral infections that cause upper respiratory tract infections. There is evidence that adequate levels of vitamin D during the winter can result in a reduction in the incidence of influenza A and in other viral illnesses of the respiratory tract.

Given the newness of the coronavirus (COVID-19), no research has studied how vitamin D levels might be associated with the incidence or severity of a coronavirus infection. However, at this time I believe it is prudent to make sure everyone has adequate vitamin D levels."

Ernest T. Armstrong, inventor of the vitamin D promoting sunscreen Solar D® (solar-d.com), writes: "All countries worst hit by COVID-19 are northern, wintertime countries or countries where people get very little sunshine and therefore make very little vitamin D in their skin. If the COVID-19 acts similar to other known seasonal viruses, then in the spring as the sun climbs higher in the sky, people will make more vitamin D, immune-system suppression will lessen, and the number of new cases of COVID-19 will fall dramatically."

Mar 5, 2020
I am a Korean doctor fighting coronavirus one step ahead of you. Here are 10 of the most common questions about coronavirus that I have received. Hope it helps.

Mar 17, 2020
I am a Korean doctor fighting coronavirus one step ahead of you. Here are 10 of the most common questions about coronavirus that I have received. Hope it helps.

Thank you. It is good to get clear and succinct information!

Reactions: noelle
Mar 20, 2020
[QUOTE =“ SaraRayne,帖子:4087,成员:17”]

冠状病毒的爆发使许多人感到担忧,但是与其让自己陷入恐惧之中,不如将其告知他人会更有效率。与其他任何疾病一样,如果您遵循一些基本步骤,就可以保护自己。以下是防止自己感染冠状病毒的方法:

1.洗手。
每个公共洗手间都对此进行签名是有原因的。洗手的目的是杀死从接触日常表面上拾取的细菌。病毒可以在台面,门把手等物体上存活很长一段时间,但也可以用肥皂和含酒精的消毒剂杀死。无论您是在公共场所还是在自己的家中,都应定期用肥皂和温水洗手。

2.避免拥挤的地方。
避免生病的最好方法是避免已经患病的人。简单吧?限制接触量意味着您不太可能被感染,因此请远离拥挤的公共场所。当您必须离开房屋时,尽可能在彼此之间保持至少三英尺的距离,如果您怀疑自己在生病的人附近,请掩住鼻子和嘴巴。

3.请勿触摸您的嘴,鼻子或眼睛。
这些是病毒进入您体内的最容易的地方,因此请勿随意骑行。在公共场所旅行后,除非彻底洗手,否则请勿触摸脸部。即使这样,也最好避免接触。
[/引用]

Jan 29, 2020
There is no protection only acceptance that your symptoms are asymptomatic or mildy symptomatic to recovery.
Wherever they are wet open markets the potential will be there, in places the demand for bush meat has brought level 4 contagions of various types of hemorrhagic fevers in Africa & level 3 contagion China's Corona viruses.

Mar 25, 2020
- Stay away from people
- Wear a mask when around other people (but we have a shortage of masks!)
- Wash your hands often, and don't touch your face
- Take care of your general health: nutrition, sleep, exercise, stress management, etc.
- Vitamin D3, Vitamin C, fish oil, probiotics, ginger root tea

Mar 25, 2020
hello.
yes there is way to protect your self , you should wash your hands within 20 to 30 min in you go out or touches any thing outside , but wash with handwash or any soap , whenever you go out side wear gloves and mask . dear take care good care of your self.

if any one wants to help other to please subscriber my youtube channal today i created new channel to aware people regarding corona and precaution , i made a video please share with your family and friends ,
thankyou.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsqDK5IDyr4

Mar 26, 2020
As we know, the novel coronavirus transmits through the mouth, nose, and eyes, so these are the areas that require extra protection. Regular medical masks cover only the nose and mouth leaving eyes open, therefore these are not enough protection. Then what about the eyes? Fortunately, there are specially designed shields that cover the entire face, eyes as well. You can wear these shields along with medical masks for extra protection. I'll leave a link to a website that produces top-quality face shields for reasonable prices. Go check out -
https://safetymask.biz/products/pack-of-10-all-purpose-anti-splash-face-shields
pack of 10 face shields.jpg

Mar 26, 2020
Would it help much if we could find a way to reduce large queues so people don't spread the virus as much?

Sign this petition to ask Google Maps to help us isolate COVID-19 by showing queue congestion at essential services:

Mar 30, 2020
thats a good question..
first thing we know symptoms, precuations and treatments

1. Self Care
wash your hands
drink plenty of water
keep clean your body
wear mask (if you are outside)
wear gloves (if you are outside)

how can we fight against covid-19
thats to easy because we know that we all have to busy life in normal days
and we can't give so much time to our family and the best thing now a days environment is going to clean

we will fight covid-19 in simple ways
we should stay home
dnt go outside until necessary
if we have to go outside then we should go with our care

lockdown is a best solution now because we dont have vaccine nd medicine so stay home and stay safe:

regards:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZ__wbNCc7c

ASK THE COMMUNITY