How can I get Yale University's Societal Collapse Study to Gain Traction?

Jul 25, 2021
A new study published by Yale University confirmed the 1972 MIT model predicting our societal collapse to be accurate to real life.

What's scary is that little people are aware of it and neither is the Governments. So by not knowing nor speaking up about it, we are thereby sealing our fates.

I even made a petition regarding this, and is up to 44 signatures though it has stalled at that.

How can I spread awareness of this issue in a way others will take it from there and so on?

Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram are ineffective for me since I lack followers, and YouTube is out of the question due to its algorithm favouring popular Youtubers?

The more people that are aware and speaking out, the better our chances.

Attachments

Nov 12, 2020
I believe that you are referring to the computer program developed by at MIT by Jay Forrester that predicted a scarcity of human needed resources by 2050 ce which could result in global chaos. This was a study done for the Club of Rome which had an agenda. The underlining assumption being that resource use doesn't change and alternatives/new discoveries/technology are insufficient to change the prediction and that global human population keeps increasing. My opinion: a complex interaction of political movements especially those espousing violence, climate changes, illegal immigration, local wars,/extensive criminal activity and possibly a nuclear war are more likely to cause a collapse of a human society/societies. Given the distrust of the media/government by the general public, only an actual crisis will get peoples' attention.

Jul 25, 2021
I believe that you are referring to the computer program developed by at MIT by Jay Forrester that predicted a scarcity of human needed resources by 2050 ce which could result in global chaos. This was a study done for the Club of Rome which had an agenda. The underlining assumption being that resource use doesn't change and alternatives/new discoveries/technology are insufficient to change the prediction and that global human population keeps increasing. My opinion: a complex interaction of political movements especially those espousing violence, climate changes, illegal immigration, local wars,/extensive criminal activity and possibly a nuclear war are more likely to cause a collapse of a human society/societies. Given the distrust of the media/government by the general public, only an actual crisis will get peoples' attention.
We are experiencing worsening climate conditions, scarcity (hence why the global Chip shortage is a thing), and growing food insecurity.

I think we are perfectly fulfilling what the study has found.

Nov 12, 2020
Personally, I think that the "worse" is yet to happen. Most of the human hardship now evident globally is economically and politically driven. Ignorance, stupidity, deceit, mental illness and cupidity in leadership are the hallmarks of setting a society on the road to chaos. We are now starting such a journey through the indifference, denial and rapaciousness of our political leaders and many academic institutions. I don't know where "the road" will take us or how and when the journey will end. All I and others can do is "lay in" preparations and advocate for awareness. To use a famous quote, "We see the enemy and it is us".

Jul 25, 2021
Personally, I think that the "worse" is yet to happen. Most of the human hardship now evident globally is economically and politically driven. Ignorance, stupidity, deceit, mental illness and cupidity in leadership are the hallmarks of setting a society on the road to chaos. We are now starting such a journey through the indifference, denial and rapaciousness of our political leaders and many academic institutions. I don't know where "the road" will take us or how and when the journey will end. All I and others can do is "lay in" preparations and advocate for awareness. To use a famous quote, "We see the enemy and it is us".
Then advocacy for awareness is our best shot.

Sep 6, 2020
The report was based on current technological knowledge and perhaps some foresight as to what would realistically be possible in the future.
Albeit insufficient, we likely have more PV, wind power and electric car usage/ planned usage but the question I touch on in other forum sections is on population...

Taking Ethiopia and the tragedy that beset them in 1984; At the time of Band Aid the country was crippled sustaining a population of 40m but today the population is more 120m... The adverts on TV continue to support with pictures of children drinking dirty water etc... The same people that advocate saving the planet likewise try to drive more resources into a problem creating situation... I for one would not advocate the reduction of a population however how do you continue to fund the growth of a population whilst saying there are food shortages and a need to not use tired techniques of pollution that are ruining the world.... What a dilema and as with most things, a Government can;t do right as they would collapse to an opposition that promises a population happiness in all things that continue to ruin the world...

In the UK, if the population was truly concerned about the state of the world, the Green Party would hold more representation... As will always be the case, the population wants a beautiful world without any reduction in personal enjoyment or an increase in taxes.

Sep 6, 2020
On a lighter note I would recommend you watch the Bless this House 1972 short-film...

It is a good old style British comedy but curiously has a character that is concerned about the future with the script being weirdly accurate on a prediction of the future.

"Sid works as a rep and is trying to sell to the Fizzo Drinks company when his daughter Sally arrives with a group of environmentalists to protest the use of non-disposable containers. "

ASK THE COMMUNITY