Hidden baby Jesus revealed under Leonardo da Vinci’s 'Virgin of the Rocks'

Feb 7, 2020
Visit site
DaVinci obviously was not a true historian or maybe he did not read the Bible because Christ was not white but was Black! How else would He have been able to hide in Egypt whilst Herod made the order attempting to destroy Christ? If He was white he would have stood out like a sore tumorous thumb used for hitchhiking in Kemet (Egypt). Plus the Bible gives a description that does not equate to a white guy.

Feb 7, 2020
Visit site
The image in the article looks like a winged animal of some kind. I don't see a baby. Look at the legs. I guess they should have had a few moms look at the image before announcing :) Don't artists reuse canvas? It could have been any old painting behind that one..... not necessarily a first version.

Feb 8, 2020
Visit site
This looks to me like an angel watching over the baby, not baby Jesus with wings. If that's what it is, that's some beautiful imagery!

Feb 11, 2020
Visit site
I majored in Art History in college and have NEVER seen the Christ Child depicted with wings. NEVER. My guess is that this was likely a preliminary sketch for something else that was subsequently painted over with the new image once the inspiration struck. To the best of my knowledge, Leonardo da Vinci NEVER depicted Christ at any age as winged. Any winged child-like depiction is obviously intended as a cherub, not as a reference to the Christ Child. Would be very interested in the sourceof the claim that this is a winged Christ Child!