Hey guys: Stop snuggling with your cats (at least in photos) if you want a

Jan 15, 2020
Visit site
With all due respect, it seems that this experiment has some confounding issues. First, I don't sere what the point of using only two men was... right away that made me worried whether or not the statistics could be trusted. Second, it just so happens that both of the men have more strongly bulging forehead veins in the with-cat pictures. It's a strange thing that I wouldn't think to worry about during the experimental design phase, but it turns out to be pretty noticeable even at the picture size of a thumbnail. Third, it's clearly a photoshoot style picture. For the without-cat picture it looks like it could be any run-of-the-mill passport photo kind of photoshoot--no problem. But the with-cat picture begs the question: did this guy bring his cat to a photoshoot? It takes a specific type of personality to go on a photoshoot with your cat, and(, in agreement with the results,) I would guess someone who does that is more neurotic than someone who doesn't. Lastly, even if you photoshopped in a bulldog or some perceived-to-be-masculine dog that could actually fit in with their pose, it would still look like a less masculine pose than the without-cat poses. The without-cat poses present men who are square with the camera, in poses that looks relatively assertive. The with-cat poses are a bit more hunched over, looking more delicate, giving their shoulder to the camera, perhaps subconsciously indicating some kind of passiveness of personality. Either way, it seems to me, independent of the presence of a cat, the without-cat pose could be perceived as more masculine and therefore more attractive to heterosexual women.

I could be wrong about some of this and I welcome other viewpoints! I especially don't know if there is some statistically justified reason for using only two men. But without hearing any good counterarguments, I would be wary of drawing too strong of conclusions from this experiment's data...

Reactions: CNelle
Jun 29, 2020
Visit site
Obviously, this is not science. Any person who loves and takes care of animals is probably better than those who don't. To suggest that loving cats is something unnatural is ridiculous and repulsive. A lot more information is need to draw any conclusions.

Reactions: Nytowl223
Jun 30, 2020
Visit site
Oh bull. Dog guys are a dime a dozen and so predictable. Cat snugglers are gold. They know how to do all those sweet, gentle moves that keep you coming back plus they have realized they are not the center of the universe and learned the art of paying attention. Come on ladies do you want a guy who knows how to tell commands or one who know finesse?
Some dog guys may defy the odds. But a cat guy is a real find.
The "scientists" here should eat their hats.

My friends. These basic behaviors reveal easily in a decent scan around a dating site.

'Independent' females tend to prefer dogs (and most at least admire dogs) for their loyalty. A dog-lover will follow the lines of their dog. The dog will stay longer than the SO.

Also, many [het-centic] females prefer some measure of a rougher touch. Less calculated, perhaps daring.....

Cat lovers on the other hand, may tend toward a lighter sensibility and touch. Sometimes not as firm as could. Safer seeming to those who prefer a smoother, if not more elegant, experience.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2020
Visit site
Oh **** you guys sideways, My wife loves me and the fact that I can be a man but love the everloving **** out of sweet little animals without restraint not caring what people think of me for going mushy on an animal. You guys aren't real science

• Love
Jul 4, 2020
Visit site
This is foolish. I happened to have a unique cat who became really well known on ig and social media, needless to say most follows and comments were from women, particularly cat ladies, and humbly, it wasn’t uncommon for women to make comments to the contrary, or to reach out in messages or emails, some of them younger and who I’d consider out of my league looks wise. One of them my woman of 5 years who reached out to me through ig.
There isn’t a better situation than being a sincere cat guy among a multitude of cat ladies if your single.

• Love
It might be sensible for cat, dog or other animal lovers to make that clear up front, many potential relationships have crashed because a partner couldn't tolerate the other's animal companion! If your Golden retriever has been sleeping on /in your bed for years your potential SO may be unable to handle that--not to mention the dog!

Aug 12, 2020
Visit site
Can posing with a pet help men find dating success? Not if it's a cat, scientists say.

Hey guys: Stop snuggling with your cats (at least in photos) if you want a : Read more

THERE are some guys who’ll understandably hesitate at speaking in public about their particular fondness for pet felines; for, to do so, unlike with expressing affection for a good sturdy canine friend, may be generally stereotyped as a man’s non-testosterone pet-animal inclination. And, yes, there are many people out there who’d implicitly (or even explicitly) question the normality and/or straightness of a guy who adores his pet feline(s)—something that’s implied by first-season Seinfeld’s George Costanza, who, in a doubtful tone of voice and slight shake of his head, says to Elaine Benes (without looking at her) in regards to her boyfriend cherishing his two pet felines: “Guys with cats … I don’t know …”
George’s line rushed to mind after one response I received after posting a short essay onto a feline-fan site (accompanied by an adorable-enough feline photo, of course) elicited from a reader a disconcerting response subtly questioning my heterosexuality, which left me feeling both resentfully embarrassed and angry.
It also brought to mind an early-1990s Vancouver Sun letter to the editor—aptly titled “A Man With a Cat Is Where It’s At”—in which the writer, a straight guy who adored his two pet felines, responded to some recently published cat-critical commentary. He frankly cautioned straight single women about relationship-seeking heterosexual guys who love dogs but dislike domesticated felines; for, what such men really want in a mate is, basically, submission—unlike the dudes with cats who more than appreciate a companion’s independent nature as well as a silky soft touch.
Within, Steve Eykel of New Westminster wrote the following response to another letter author’s cat-belittling: “Let me take a wild guess: [the writer] is a dog person, not a cat person. It’s not too surprising really. After all, a dog will lick your hand, grovel, cringe, do tricks and generally make you feel like the big strong alpha male you wish you could be. A cat will do none of these things. Women take note! This is an acid test for any man’s character. A man who prefers dogs is looking for subservience; a man who prefers cats is looking for a partner. You heard it here first.”
I further recollected how as a teen I knew two of the (if not the most) toughest, testosterone-laden, and (like myself) straight guys around, who also cherished their pet cats—albeit, no average guy would’ve foolishly openly expressed his pet-feline enthusiasm amongst his demographic peers, lest he seriously risk being unjustly deemed a wuss or in some other way having his reputation permanently besmirched.

• Love
Reactions: jonadenz