Health issues that put people at higher risk

Mar 12, 2020
Visit site
There is a very short list floating around articles and pages on the internet of what health conditions put people at higher risk related to the coronivrus. I wondered if a more specific longer list is warranted?

For example auto immune disorders. I've not seen them specifically mentioned on these high risk categories, nor many other additional diseases or chronic health conditions.

I have Multiple Sclerosis and myself and others with it are concerned how this virus might impact people who were to get it who have MS. Being sick with other viruses like cold, flu, having a fever, or infections are already shown to be able to make MS symptoms flare up, so I'm concerned if I were to get it, I'll not only contend with that but feel even worse with the MS flaring up at the same time. My MS flares up just fighting off a cold or sinus infection in the past. So it has me concerned.

Last edited:

LCarlson

Administrator
Nov 12, 2019
Visit site
As a fellow high-risk person (cardio-pulmonary issues), it seems clear that ALL chronic medical issues put one into the risk bracket. We just need to keep ourselves separated as much as possible until this passes.
I wish you all the very best.

Reactions: Shiiv