Has anybody tried the Hydrogen Peroxid Inhalation Therapy to help stop the spread of Cov-19 virus ?

Mar 26, 2020
Hydrogen Peroxide has shown to be a good source to destroy the virus quickly and if useing food grade that is diluted to 3% atomized while inhailing through the nose and the mouth could possibly distroy the virus if it is lodged in the throat or nasal passages. According to whats public, the virus is slow to migrate down the throat and into the lungs and this may be the reason it takes up to 14 days to show symptoms. I have used H/P inhalation many time to stop early symptoms of colds and nasial infestation with great results. Hydrogen Peroxide is a very safe option when use correctly. Anyone else out there have any comments about this therapy?

Reactions: TED40

LCarlson

Administrator
Nov 12, 2019
We caution everyone to seek the advice of medical professionals before starting any therapy or prevention program.

Hydrogen Peroxide is indeed one of the safest essentials in our home first aid kits, usually sold as a 3% solution. The labeling itself contains instructions on using it as an oral debriding agent, commonly used to treat cankers, minor scrapes in the mouth or even certain infections commonly grouped under the term "sore mouth."

As far as using it for inhalation therapy, we again counsel everyone to talk to their medical professionals first. There are thousands of cases of Covid-19 out there, and any effective first line of defense/therapy will be quickly and widely disseminated by the medical community.

Reactions: Paula in Montana
Mar 21, 2020
I think that the virus is in the throat initially, whether it comes through the nose or directly into the mouth, before it finds its way into the lungs. I gargle with the Hydrogen Peroxide 3% twice a day for a few days if I have been out for groceries, etc. I spit it out and rinse out with very warm water. I then drink a hot drink of coffee or tea/lemon to push down any saliva in my throat as any remaining virus with pass through the intestinal tract.

From web readings, the coronavirus has a "fatty" tissue protection which if dissolved the virus becomes inactive. The oxidation activity by the HP may do this, though there is no clinical proof of this. There's a powder mouth wash called Vince which contains sodium perborate which also bubbles up in the mouth. Perhaps the effect is similar to using bubbly soap on the hands.

Viruses don't like heat, so drinking hot liquids throughout the day is good. Other countries recommend this. Also being in a warm environment with humidity (not dry heat) is good as any droplets with the virus do not float as far. However, a high humidity in the cold does not impair the spread of the virus, as viruses "hang" a lot longer in the cold when waiting for a host.

There is so little that we have control over, I'm happy to take these extra precautions with the HP and hot drinks. Just to be clear, I'm not in the medical field. All information is from various articles on the Web and from friends in the health field. Read up on any side effects of HP, Vince, etc. before you use them as we are all individuals.

Reactions: Paula in Montana
Mar 21, 2020
Hydrogen Peroxide has shown to be a good source to destroy the virus quickly and if useing food grade that is diluted to 3% atomized while inhailing through the nose and the mouth could possibly distroy the virus if it is lodged in the throat or nasal passages. According to whats public, the virus is slow to migrate down the throat and into the lungs and this may be the reason it takes up to 14 days to show symptoms. I have used H/P inhalation many time to stop early symptoms of colds and nasial infestation with great results. Hydrogen Peroxide is a very safe option when use correctly. Anyone else out there have any comments about this therapy?
I think that the virus is in the throat initially, whether it comes through the nose or directly into the mouth, before it finds its way into the lungs. I gargle with the Hydrogen Peroxide 3% twice a day for a few days if I have been out for groceries, etc. I spit it out and rinse out with very warm water. I then drink a hot drink of coffee or tea/lemon to push down any saliva in my throat as any remaining virus with pass through the intestinal tract.

From web readings, the coronavirus has a "fatty" tissue protection which if dissolved the virus becomes inactive. The oxidation activity by the HP may do this, though there is no clinical proof of this. There's a powder mouth wash called Vince which contains sodium perborate which also bubbles up in the mouth. Perhaps the effect is similar to using bubbly soap on the hands.

Viruses don't like heat, so drinking hot liquids throughout the day is good. Other countries recommend this. Also being in a warm environment with humidity (not dry heat) is good as any droplets with the virus do not float as far. However, a high humidity in the cold does not impair the spread of the virus, as viruses "hang" a lot longer in the cold when waiting for a host.

There is so little that we have control over, I'm happy to take these extra precautions with the HP and hot drinks. Just to be clear, I'm not in the medical field. All information is from various articles on the Web and from friends in the health field. Read up on any side effects of HP, Vince, etc. before you use them as we are all individuals.
!!!!Here's an article that says a salt or vinegar gargle will not help. But salt nor vinegar are known to deal with viruses. Still wonder about Hydrogen Peroxide. But perhaps not effective enough to stop the virus from going to lungs? Unanswered in my mind. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/18/health/coronavirus-cure-gargle-water.html?fbclid=IwAR2BTOA3Lctur5urhOgBatEXb0WneEZIxBYBqf5zylAmtx4ji5nQNVGL_0g

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2020
!!!!Here's an article that says a salt or vinegar gargle will not help. But salt nor vinegar are known to deal with viruses. Still wonder about Hydrogen Peroxide. But perhaps not effective enough to stop the virus from going to lungs? Unanswered in my mind. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/18/health/coronavirus-cure-gargle-water.html?fbclid=IwAR2BTOA3Lctur5urhOgBatEXb0WneEZIxBYBqf5zylAmtx4ji5nQNVGL_0g
I get the same feeling of no control too, dang it all, can't see it, or squash it, can't sneak up and blast the little sob, i got a headache yesterday from going to the store and what i needed was already gone.... tonight I started really thinking about the TP crisis... where the heck is it all, i mean physically... our community hasn't quintupled in the last week or 2, and I know some folks even went to Costco and raided them, those huge multi mega bundles of *Charmian the size of a baby elephant... 2 fill the back of most cars, so when I started thinking about the physicality vs mass and there has to be at least 3 covered football stadiums hiding in the county chucked to the rafters FULL of the rare quilted stuff

Reactions: oaktowngrrl
Jul 13, 2020
Hi ricerokt,

Can I ask exactly HOW you do the inhalation? I have bought a bottle of 3% food grade HP and a nebulizer but I am unsure how much to use and at what strength? People online just seem to say to inhale it, but not how much to use, for how long and how many breaths etc?

Many thanks!

ASK THE COMMUNITY