Gut Bacteria and Covid 19

Jul 21, 2021
Visit site
National Inst of Health recently said this after a general study of Probiotic response to viral infections. Please make this known.
Probiotics in Prevention and Treatment of COVID-19: Current Perspective and Future Prospects
"
Conclusion
Evidence supports probiotics’ role in regulating the immune system, suggesting a definitive role for probiotics in viral infections. Probiotics supplementation could reduce the severity of COVID-19 morbidity and mortality. Probiotics can inhibit cytokine storm by simultaneously boosting the innate immunity and evading the exaggeration of adaptive immunity, which is challenged to respond quickly to the viral onslaught. Probiotics-induced suppression of the inflammatory cytokine response may prevent both the severity and the occurrence of ARDS, making probiotics an attractive adjunct. Inventing effective therapy will transform the impact of the pandemic on lives as well as economies across the globe. Therefore, supplementation of probiotics in high risk and severely ill patients, and frontline health workers, might limit the infection and flatten the COVID-19 curve. However, currently, there are no RCTs to demonstrate conclusive evidence. On the other hand, circumstantial evidence has supported the presumption that probiotic supplementation decreases the severity of COVID-19 responses, including mortality. Many clinical trials are underway globally to delineate the role of probiotics in both prevention and treatment of COVID-19."

Thank you for the link, but a couple of quotes include "could reduce the severity of COVID-19 " and "there are no RCTs to demonstrate conclusive evidence. " which leads to it being a very early study and potentially coincidental.

As with all senarios I take care of myself the best I can (exercise, attempt a decent diet etc...) and any positive benefits from this is welcomed.

Jul 21, 2021
Visit site
Please speak to this...it might save lives.
Probiotics NIH says from 2011 and DROPPED THE BALL FOR 10YEARS.
"Recent findings
Probiotic genomic and proteomic studies have identified several genes and specific compounds derived from probiotics, which mediate immunoregulatory effects. Studies regarding the biological consequences of probiotics in host immunity suggested that they regulate the functions of systemic and mucosal immune cells and intestinal epithelial cells. Thus, probiotics showed therapeutic potential for diseases, including several immune response-related diseases, such as allergy, eczema, viral infection, and potentiating vaccination responses." .... https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4006993/
---------------------------------------
2021 may 19 NIH probiotics.... https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7972717/ "Conclusion
Evidence supports probiotics’ role in regulating the immune system, suggesting a definitive role for probiotics in viral infections. Probiotics supplementation could reduce the severity of COVID-19 morbidity and mortality. Probiotics can inhibit cytokine storm by simultaneously boosting the innate immunity and evading the exaggeration of adaptive immunity, which is challenged to respond quickly to the viral onslaught. Probiotics-induced suppression of the inflammatory cytokine response may prevent both the severity and the occurrence of ARDS, making probiotics an attractive adjunct. Inventing effective therapy will transform the impact of the pandemic on lives as well as economies across the globe. Therefore, supplementation of probiotics in high risk and severely ill patients, and frontline health workers, might limit the infection and flatten the COVID-19 curve. However, currently, there are no RCTs to demonstrate conclusive evidence. On the other hand, circumstantial evidence has supported the presumption that probiotic supplementation decreases the severity of COVID-19 responses, including mortality."

Please speak to this...it might save lives.

As you are posting, I am responding to you and again you refer to 'might' and seemingly post the same as above with the same quotes I used previously.

The majority of adults wishing to be vaccinated have now received at least their first dose in the UK and many other developed countries with the vaccine used in a position to be quickly 'updated' to catch any mutations down the line as per the flu season issues.
In my opinion there is no place in the current set-up to throw funding and time into another option when what is needed is to keep current medication ahead of the virus.

you seem to not care about reality and Lives.

You dont seem to understand my posts and specifcially "The majority of adults wishing to be vaccinated have now received at least their first dose in the UK and many other developed countries with the vaccine used in a position to be quickly 'updated' to catch any mutation ".

It has happened.... People have had the offer of vaccines now.

I would suggest you do not care about lives as you want to direct funding and vaccines away from people into a new medicine.

Direct question to you.

I am happy with the protection given by vaccines administered to date and the limited funding should be used to keep ahead of the vaccine - Are you proposing we move this limited funding to an alternative that, as the link says, could help?

Jul 21, 2021
Visit site
I am proposing using PROBIOTICS how can you miss my point?????????

Why is this ignored???????????
2021 may 19 NIH probiotics.... https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7972717/ "Conclusion
Evidence supports probiotics’ role in regulating the immune system, suggesting a definitive role for probiotics in viral infections. Probiotics supplementation could reduce the severity of COVID-19 morbidity and mortality. Probiotics can inhibit cytokine storm by simultaneously boosting the innate immunity and evading the exaggeration of adaptive immunity, which is challenged to respond quickly to the viral onslaught. Probiotics-induced suppression of the inflammatory cytokine response may prevent both the severity and the occurrence of ARDS

Why is this ignored???????????

As per my my first response ""could reduce the severity of COVID-19 " and "there are no RCTs to demonstrate conclusive evidence. " ".

I went on to say "As with all senarios I take care of myself the best I can (exercise, attempt a decent diet etc...) and any positive benefits from this is welcomed. "

Never mind this is pointless.

I am not sure why?

You have provided a document filled with mights and coulds and has no peer reviewed process at this stage.

Probiotics are readily available off the shelf.

What you are essentially saying is-

Go out and buy probiotics as they might help prevent Covid and I am annoyed that funding is not being given to something that people have a choice on whether they purchase or not.

This may answer some or indeed raise some more questions-

From the reports about gut zeomass that I have read in the last 10 years.......I would say this will become a large and specialized field.

That gut zeomass probability has the greatest affect.....on our heath and longevity than any other factor.

A fecal sample will probably turn out to be their greatest diagnostic tool. Some even think, don't treat the person's symptoms........treat the person's gut.

We are like plants. In plants....the plant depends on a root zeomass to feed it. We depend on a gut zeomass to feed us. They continually feed us small bits of the proper components. Chemistry alone can't do this. Chemistry can't give us the right bits......but the zeomass can.

We have to consume living matter to continue our own living. Life comes from and continues on, from the living.

Plants can't live in sterile soil. Only the small invisible life, can turn the non-living into components for the living. The small invisible life....has many times the mass of the visible life.

But you don't see it. The vast majority of the life on this world, you never see.

May I ask, how old are you? Are you in school?

Old enough to know that plants survive in water only, no soil...

There are papers (haven't included as would raise more questions than answers) that reference early root growth surges in sterile soil before air bacteria react, but importantly the plant is growing in sterile soil... I can post the link but it doesn;t fully answer.