Gulf Stream current could collapse in 2025, plunging Earth into climate chaos: 'We were actually bewildered'

Jul 21, 2023
Visit site
Researchers have predicted the collapse of the AMOC could happen any time between 2025 and 2095 — far sooner than previous predictions, although not all scientists are convinced.

Gulf Stream current could collapse in 2025, plunging Earth into climate chaos: 'We were actually bewildered' : Read more
Gulf Stream current could collapse in 2025, plunging Earth into climate chaos: 'We were actually bewildered'

"Gulf Stream current could collapse in 2025, plunging Earth into climate chaos: 'We were actually bewildered'
Researchers have predicted the collapse of the AMOC could happen any time between 2025 and 2095."

Seriously!?

PLEASE! Note the word 'could', and also the phrase "any time between 2025 and 2095"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"any time between 2025 and 2095" is an immense difference. When you add the word 'could happen', that's equivalent to saying 'anytime over the next 1,000 years. Please, don't promote global warming climate change when you have ZERO awareness of the reality. You're actually worse that those purportedly anti-science anti-climate change people you're so fond of condemning.

Reactions: dstemont
Jul 26, 2023
Visit site
Please - y'all are going to scare the people. As some are prone to freaking out first and thinking about it later, that is going to contribute to people throwing cans of food on irreplaceable artwork and sitting on roadways, neither of which are truly useful in making people stop using fossil fuels. Personally, this nonsense makes me want to keep my 4WD truck just that much more. I am not the only person who feels this way either.

How do they think we get the electricity to power EVs? Wind farms and solar panels contribute less than 10% of the energy needed to run our way of life. In addition, neither the turbines or the panels are dependable at this point in time.

I suggest we all give it a couple (at least!) of decades and when our technology catches up with your dreams, try again on the EVs, which at this point in time, are deathtraps. Besides, with $12,000+ batteries, they are not practical.

Again, please leave off the climate alarmism. There is no need to scare people!

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Researchers have predicted the collapse of the AMOC could happen any time between 2025 and 2095 — far sooner than previous predictions, although not all scientists are convinced.

Gulf Stream current could collapse in 2025, plunging Earth into climate chaos: 'We were actually bewildered' : Read more
This is nothing more than fearmongering at its best. They love to use trigger words like could, might, can, possibly but yet nothing definitive. This article is aimed at low information people who will eat this up thinking they will be dead within 2 to 70 years from now. All this article is really achieving is making a mockery of science.

Reactions: dstemont
Sep 11, 2023
Visit site
I'm gonna go back a few years probably awhile before you were born. One of your party's favorite people. Al Gore predicted that by now, you would be dead frozen in a block of ice. Our country spent billions of dollars, the world spent billions of dollars trying to make sure The ice age wouldn't strike. Well, good job, you idiots did such a wonderful job, that now we have global warming. And now you're gonna use ridiculous predictions like this to waste more money, why doesn't somebody complain about all the starving people on the planet. If you start using money doing that instead of stupid predictions like this to scare people, maybe your empathy would show and your true care for human mankind would show. Your ability to market fear for the growth of your global world order is disgusting and I notice you don't have any awards because you don't deserve any.

I'm gonna go back a few years probably awhile before you were born. One of your party's favorite people. Al Gore predicted that by now, you would be dead frozen in a block of ice. Our country spent billions of dollars, the world spent billions of dollars trying to make sure The ice age wouldn't strike. Well, good job, you idiots did such a wonderful job, that now we have global warming. And now you're gonna use ridiculous predictions like this to waste more money, why doesn't somebody complain about all the starving people on the planet. If you start using money doing that instead of stupid predictions like this to scare people, maybe your empathy would show and your true care for human mankind would show. Your ability to market fear for the growth of your global world order is disgusting and I notice you don't have any awards because you don't deserve any.
Imagine, if you will, a nation whose leadership believes that the taxpayers being ordered to give trillions of dollars to the central government can actually change the weather.
Hartmann352

Apr 4, 2020
Visit site
He did not say that. Keep lying, though, since your idea of an optimal society is clearly one where idiots blather on about their darker fantasies.

Reactions: PodCastAllLangs
He did not say that. Keep lying, though, since your idea of an optimal society is clearly one where idiots blather on about their darker fantasies.
Seems to me some people looking for TrumpSocial spelled it LiveScience into their browser. 🤷‍♂️
The article suggests temps could "plunge" 5°C, which is like the difference between November & December. But the critical effects would be to our entire ecosystem, much of which is much more vulnerable than we are. But that would naturally affect us too. It's slight, but still critical, which is what many of these articles try to convey.

January 22, 2023

Noted climate activist and former Vice President Al Gore, who made headlines this week after he claimed global warming was "boiling the oceans," has a history of making climate-related proclamations later proven to be false, all with an attempt to fill his wallet.

During remarks made Wednesday at the World Economic Forum summit in Davos, Switzerland, Gore warned that continued carbon emissions into the atmosphere would destroy the planet and lead to widespread calamities.

"We’re still putting 162 million tons [of greenhouse gas] into it every single day and the accumulated amount is now trapping as much extra heat as would be released by 600,000 Hiroshima-class atomic bombs exploding every single day on the earth," Gore said. "That’s what’s boiling the oceans, creating these atmospheric rivers, and the rain bombs, and sucking the moisture out of the land, and creating the droughts and downpours, and melting the ice and raising the sea level, and causing these tsunami waves of climate refugees." All as opposed to vast amounts of governmental largesse heaped on the immigrant population and lax border policies.

Gore then noted a prediction that the number of climate refugees worldwide would surge to ten billion within the century. He added that such a surge would lead to nations losing their "capacity for self-governance and the death of world-wide economic systems..." While Gore has been provided large platforms, giving speeches at the World Economic Forum, United Nations conferences, the White House and Congress and other high-profile events, many of his past statements have been disproven and being located in the lunatic fringe.

Gore didn’t make the prediction that the poles would be "ice free by 2013" himself but was citing the findings from a climate researcher. He did, however, misrepresent the available data to fit his alarmist trope.

“These figures are fresh,” Gore hollered into a microphone on Dec. 14, 2009, as he stood beet red while noisily shaking the podium during the COP15 climate change conference in Copenhagen.

Hartmann352

Feb 12, 2024
Visit site
The author who wrote this article should be fired or, at the least, checked for lucidity. She writes, "sediment records over the past 100,000 years suggest that, at times, the AMOC has shut down abruptly, leading to major climate shifts over mere decades."
Then continues, "Scientists believe we could be veering towards this scenario once again — potentially as early as 2025 — as a result of climate change."
Question: is a 'climate shift' different from 'climate change'?
I'm a teacher and the only value I see out of this article is twofold:
1. I would teach my students to place little value in the words from the author. She appears to like supposition and not provide anything of value 'scientifically'. So, the article is useful to help students understand the absurdity of the climate change arguments. We can neither impact nor control the ocean, volcanoes, the spin of the earth, etc. If there is good data that is useful, like in an earthquake get away from things that could fall on you, by all means present it. Articles with might, could, maybe, scientists believe without identifying the scientists, etc., are as useful as a flat tire.
2. The climate bobble head zombies will use this for more nonsensical arguments to destroy western culture, which is the only culture that appears to contain the only people in the world worried about the monster in the closet, i.e., climate change.
I love science and the fascination of new discoveries. If you're going to call yourself - Science, you should stick to publishing scientific articles. This author is obviously trying to make money on the 'climate change' narrative, just like Kerry and Gore, and Greta, etc. Maintain high standards if you want to be respected.

The author who wrote this article should be fired or, at the least, checked for lucidity. She writes [The author of this article is Ben Turner and looking at the picture, looks very much male - Whom is the female you refer to?] , "sediment records over the past 100,000 years suggest that, at times, the AMOC has shut down abruptly, leading to major climate shifts over mere decades." [I am unable to locate this in the text, have you opened a link within the article and not referenced to allow people to follow your working?]

Responses interleafed within the quote above, []

I hope you advise your students to reference their work to allow others to follow their workings.

In point 2, you appear to have your opinions over the subject matter that you teach your students; by including reference to teaching your students and this position on climate change, it suggests you teach your views rather than a balanced argument.

You have selectively quoted the article which, as already mentioned, you mixed up the author or did not advise how you came to the author.
When teaching subjects, do you believe it is beneficial to teach your students the part of the story that helps your personal position at the detriment to their overall learning?

Latest posts