God is Real. Being a Scientist Doesn't Mean You Get to Run Away From That.

So WHO'S running away? There is nothing illogical or faulty about requiring proof of extraordinary claims and even for the mundane claims. Usually, such a mental state is termed Agnosticism when dealing with the supernatural and healthy skepticism when dealing with the mundane. Consider the situation where two people view the moon. One sees a perfect, slivery orb, shimmering with warm romance. The other sees a barren, cold satellite that reflects sunlight. Both perceptions reflect beauty; only one perception reflects reality from measured experiment. However, we all know from callow youth that on a pleasant Summer's night, romance by the light of the moon surpasses reality.

efarina96

BANNED
Oct 17, 2020
Visit site
So WHO'S running away? There is nothing illogical or faulty about requiring proof of extraordinary claims and even for the mundane claims. Usually, such a mental state is termed Agnosticism when dealing with the supernatural and healthy skepticism when dealing with the mundane. Consider the situation where two people view the moon. One sees a perfect, slivery orb, shimmering with warm romance. The other sees a barren, cold satellite that reflects sunlight. Both perceptions reflect beauty; only one perception reflects reality from measured experiment. However, we all know from callow youth that on a pleasant Summer's night, romance by the light of the moon surpasses reality.
I have provided proof for my claims. Proof doesn't seem to mean much to anybody these days. What's wrong with my attempting to get *LITERALLY ANYONE* to give one good reason I am wrong, and nobody raises a peep?
Einstein's General Relativity is the most successful scientific theory in human history.
When asked to explain why they refuse to believe what Einstein's equations tell us, that the Universe is Infinite, and yet feel free to cite Einstein's theory when it suits them, I have not gotten anything approaching a legitimate answer! Perhaps you would like to offer one?
PS "Because I say so" and "because I can't wrap my brain around the very simple point you are making" are not legitimate answers.

Proof to me is something tangible that can be measured, touched, i.e: detectible by human senses either directly or with tools. Any proof so obtained must be verifiable by independent experiments/observations. Any facts/rules/laws derived must be changeable based upon new data/evidence/experiments. Recall the biblical story of "Doubting Thomas"; that's my approach. Consider that String Theory is mathematically consistent, but String Theory has not been demonstrated experimentally; thus, on that I'm Agnostic. As for GR, the Universe may very well be infinite, but as far as human survival goes it's the geometrically flat portion of the Universe where we exist that demands our attention/comprehension. Consequently, the Universe's infinity is an Agnostic variable. P.S.: I can't tell you if your proofs are "right or wrong": I have no insight. I simply delineated my methodology for any belief. Unless an opinion/theory/ concept can be experimentally proved and independently verified, it's kept at "arms length". Neither I nor others like me are "running away". OK then. I have to be "bitten in the butt" by facts before I believe. Yep! I'm an example of "Ye of little faith".

efarina96

BANNED
Oct 17, 2020
Visit site
Proof to me is something tangible that can be measured, touched, i.e: detectible by human senses either directly or with tools. Any proof so obtained must be verifiable by independent experiments/observations. Any facts/rules/laws derived must be changeable based upon new data/evidence/experiments. Recall the biblical story of "Doubting Thomas"; that's my approach. Consider that String Theory is mathematically consistent, but String Theory has not been demonstrated experimentally; thus, on that I'm Agnostic. As for GR, the Universe may very well be infinite, but as far as human survival goes it's the geometrically flat portion of the Universe where we exist that demands our attention/comprehension. Consequently, the Universe's infinity is an Agnostic variable. P.S.: I can't tell you if your proofs are "right or wrong": I have no insight. I simply delineated my methodology for any belief. Unless an opinion/theory/ concept can be experimentally proved and independently verified, it's kept at "arms length". Neither I nor others like me are "running away". OK then. I have to be "bitten in the butt" by facts before I believe. Yep! I'm an example of "Ye of little faith".
Okay, I appreciate your taking the time to respond, and if that's your answer then that's your answer.
Allow me to demonstrate the way in which everything you have ever seen is proof of infinity, starting with the mathematical properties of a square:
Take a square with sides of exactly one yard. Take a yardstick and measure it- it appears to be exactly a yard. Now, measure it to the nearest quadrillionth of a yard. Will it still appear to be exactly one yard? Not likely. The reality, is that you can measure the sides of a square in increasingly smaller increments on to infinity, and you will eventually find, no matter what, that the sides of the square deviate from a perfect yard at some point. This is because infinity is the only perfect number that occurs in nature. Infinite time and infinite space are truly the foundation for all physics as we understand it, and the only perfect concept that occurs in nature. Nothing is perfect, everything is perfect
Imagine I were to say to you, what is 1 divided by 10, would you not say one tenth? If next I asked what is 1/100, then 1/1000, and we were to dedicate all our time to this task, could we not carry on til the end of our lives if we truly wished? And suppose a crowd is watching, and as it becomes apparent that one of us is about to perish, someone will step in and take our place. Now suppose that the conditions were such, that humanity survives forever, never perishing as a species but continuing on, and enduring, always finding a way. And suppose that this game of numerical telephone were to carry on with them, and every time a person perished they would immediately be replaced. Could we not carry out this task forever, coming up with new names for the new numbers we create? Now imagine, that humanity had spent the past 1000 years learning base 100 mathematics. Would this task not be immensely easier? What if we learned base 1000 math? Would the task not be even easier still?
Language follows the same principle. English is a base 27 mathematics system. How can we have math without an equation, you ask? You can't. On one side of the equation, is the person who conceives the words and utters them, writes them, or signs them. On the other, is the person who hears, reads, or sees them. The difference from one side of the equation to the other, lies in the relative perception of each individual. In each form of the communication of language, information is created by a user based on their own relative understanding of language and perception of reality. That information is then received by a user with their own unique attributes. These attributes are constrained by the conditions through which the being evolved and by the conditions through which they live. These constraints by determining past and present conditions present the user with possible choices. The user than selects from these choices based on the motivation implied by instincts (genetic information, including sensory input which is a reflection of evolved quantum collective biological systems) and modified through conceptualization (mathematical information, including language). The greater our processing capacity for and understanding of mathematical information, the more control we can exert over the motivations implied by our genetic information. In other words, we excercise free choice constrained by reality as a reflection of our understanding of language, influenced by the motivation implied by our instincts.
You talk about experiments... Observation... Emperical proof... I say to you, open your eyes to the truth we have already discovered. Our experiments, our observation of reality, have met the burden of proof you describe to understand the Universe is Infinite. I'm just the only one willing to say it.

Last edited: