Gloves and Masks

Jan 24, 2020
Visit site
There are sooooo many opinions on masks, some reports say wear, some say don't bother. Well if you feel better wear a mask, not a bad idea. I wear gloves when out. After many years of watching folks while out in public, I am amazed how many souls have poor hygiene habits. I wear the gloves because of all the nasty germs, and during this terrible viral outbreak. Think of all the surfaces we come into contact with while out and about. It certainly can't hurt, this virus is everywhere. Keep well, never give up, never surrender, that is my motto.

Mar 9, 2020
Visit site
There is a virologist who studied SARS who stresses gloves as a means of discouraging hand to face touching. That is the important thing. Viruses get on our hands and we touch our faces. The viruses can get on our gloves too, but as we bring our gloves up to our face, we are more likely to notice, and not touch. I think that that may be the main function of masks too.

Mar 9, 2020
Visit site
@Manifold
That is an excellent video. Thank you. The research is at
The mask making stuff is at

Unfortunately, even with their mask making movement, the number of cases has started increasing again but I am all for masks (and gloves)

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2020
Visit site
There are sooooo many opinions on masks, some reports say wear, some say don't bother. Well if you feel better wear a mask, not a bad idea. I wear gloves when out. After many years of watching folks while out in public, I am amazed how many souls have poor hygiene habits. I wear the gloves because of all the nasty germs, and during this terrible viral outbreak. Think of all the surfaces we come into contact with while out and about. It certainly can't hurt, this virus is everywhere. Keep well, never give up, never surrender, that is my motto.

Hi a reply from France
Please refer to
Journal of virological methods 121 2004 85-91 available on SCIENCE DIRECT

Here masks has to whistant 70 °C during 24 hrs to ba approved by Gov Labs before on the market
Refer to AFNOR EN 149:2001+A1:2009 (F) ! 8-3-2 Free of charges on AFNOR FRANCE web site
Although the US doc refers to COVID-1 My strong feeling is that polluted masks can be cleaned from viruses in an HOME ELECTRICAL OVEN at 70?C durinf 2 hours
Actually French Gov has not displayed thiscleaning method
Take care
Apologies for english mistakes
John

Reactions: timtak