From Jesus' Time: The 10 Most Interesting Biblical Discoveries of 2019

Dec 23, 2019
Visit site
Why do you repeatedly use the term "miracle"? I don't see any miracles here. It is insulting to repeatedly claim miracles on a supposedly science-focused blog. BTW, you should not use BC/AD either, if you are being scientific.

Reactions: Truthseeker007
Dec 23, 2019
Visit site
Patzcakes, you missed the point. Of course, there is no "God in" anything, but that's another debate. The point here is that this supposed science writing uses the term "miracle" repeatedly, and there just aren't any. Save it for your devotional times.

Reactions: Truthseeker007
Dec 25, 2019
Visit site
Seriously? According to Wikipedia, a
miracle is an event not explicable by natural or scientific laws.
You do know wiki is not nor ever has been a reliable source of information? Or that there is absolutely no scientific evidence anywhere of 'miracles'. Miracles are usually things actually performed by a person, or it's a fluke of nature, like the kid who against all odds survived a tumour growing on his face squashing his brain, he was close to death when a Dr found him, performed surgery and saved his life....everyone was raving about the miracle that he was alive, except the only 'miracle' was the amazingly talented Dr who removed the tumour....there was no god involved in that and no miracle, just a damn good Dr. The same applies to all so called miracles, unless you have evidence to say otherwise, and I don't mean cos 'wiki' said so.

Dec 25, 2019
Visit site
Why do you repeatedly use the term "miracle"? I don't see any miracles here. It is insulting to repeatedly claim miracles on a supposedly science-focused blog. BTW, you should not use BC/AD either, if you are being scientific.

Someone took liberties with the heading "Miraculous Mosaic," it's true, but the mosaic was a depiction of a miracle, so it's more of a pun than a claim of supernatural intervention. The other "miracle" reference was a rhetorical reference rather than a supernatural claim. It IS amazing that the fragile dead sea scrolls survived for millennia, when stone monuments often can't last that long.

I think it's an interesting article, but Livescience has a tough challenge: trying to communicate science in a way that also draws in readers more loyal to myth than fact.

Nov 27, 2019
Visit site
Dreadwitch, I bet you don't believe the dictionary either. "miracle: a surprising and welcome event that is not explicable by natural or scientific laws and is therefore considered to be the work of a divine agency."

Dec 25, 2019
Visit site
Dreadwitch, I bet you don't believe the dictionary either. "miracle: a surprising and welcome event that is not explicable by natural or scientific laws and is therefore considered to be the work of a divine agency."
A word in a dictionary is not a fact. Of course, I know and believe that the word miracle exists, that doesn't make them real though. If it does then that means other words in the dictionary and wiki are real things eg: Vampire, werewolf, zombie, demon.... they're all very real words and in the dictionary but that doesn't mean there's a ghost, a vampire and werewolf living down the road.

Dec 27, 2019
Visit site
You do know wiki is not nor ever has been a reliable source of information? Or that there is absolutely no scientific evidence anywhere of 'miracles'. Miracles are usually things actually performed by a person, or it's a fluke of nature, like the kid who against all odds survived a tumour growing on his face squashing his brain, he was close to death when a Dr found him, performed surgery and saved his life....everyone was raving about the miracle that he was alive, except the only 'miracle' was the amazingly talented Dr who removed the tumour....there was no god involved in that and no miracle, just a damn good Dr. The same applies to all so called miracles, unless you have evidence to say otherwise, and I don't mean cos 'wiki' said so.
That 'work' of the doctor is not miracle; it's plain science. This is an example of a miracle: https://magiscenter.com/the-science-or-lack-thereof-behind-juan-diegos-tilma/

:D
From long-lost churches to marvelous mosaics, here are the most intriguing biblical discoveries archaeologists made in 2019.

From Jesus' Time: The 10 Most Interesting Biblical Discoveries of 2019 : Read more

I find it extraordinary that people are so gullible to believe some man named Jesus fed 5,000 people with five loaves of bread and two fish. :LOL: :ROFLMAO:If anything it was just symbolic of an occult meaning. Probably has something to do with astronomy since the Pisces is the fish and the Jesus is the sun.

Dec 28, 2019
Visit site
Why does the author's use of miracle have to be limited to the usual definition which refers to God? Maybe the author is a forward-thinker and doesn't confine themself to the primary/usual definition of the word. Do y'all really stop reading the definition of a word after #1? Not exactly authors are you? Personally I believe the birth of a baby is a miracle, not because I confine myself to one interpretation of miracle (we all know what produces a baby) but because the process of birth itself and the result of it give me wonder and I marvel at the strength of the mother. Pain management or not, giving birth surpasses mundane events in ordinary life. Existential arguments aside, step outside your tiny boxes.

Reactions: kalebcub03
Why does the author's use of miracle have to be limited to the usual definition which refers to God? Maybe the author is a forward-thinker and doesn't confine themself to the primary/usual definition of the word. Do y'all really stop reading the definition of a word after #1? Not exactly authors are you? Personally I believe the birth of a baby is a miracle, not because I confine myself to one interpretation of miracle (we all know what produces a baby) but because the process of birth itself and the result of it give me wonder and I marvel at the strength of the mother. Pain management or not, giving birth surpasses mundane events in ordinary life. Existential arguments aside, step outside your tiny boxes.

What do you think would cause a miracle to happen? I mean sure I believe their are miracles but I also don't follow the religion god. So if no god what do you think would cause a miracle?

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2019
Visit site

Again Xipe you display your ignorance, definitely take a look at the definition of ignorance, no offense intended. With a brief* skim of this article I counted miracle being used twice. Of course I could be missing more..... You wrote repeatedly use the term miracle. Take a look at definition of repeatedly. And, Both* times miracle was used it was appropriate. I often wonder how many calls windshield manufacturers receive a day from insulted drivers after a bug slammed into their windshield. Idk, truly I know very little. I do know I am repulsed by people who complain about perceived planks and never see their own specks. Apparently the reflection many individuals perceive is a complete and utter lie. Sympathetic introspection Yo. Give it a shot. My apologies my wooden reference wasn't widely understood. Sokay, maybe someday. Oh hey, I forgot. BC/AD is still more widely used then BCE/CE. For sure, fact-check me (i.e. research my sentence). Rather than appeal to specific populations, authors need to write to a general audience. Oh wait, do you need gender neutrality also? My bad, I'm sure Psychology Today can accommodate.

Reactions: kalebcub03
Dec 28, 2019
Visit site
What do you think would cause a miracle to happen? I mean sure I believe there are miracles but I also don't follow the religion god. So if no god what do you think would cause a miracle?
Um. Please, I would enjoy an intelligent discussion, look up the definition of miracle in a dictionary. Again, please don't stop reading that definition after the first explanation. Continue reading the entirety of the numerous explanations of miracle.

Fine. So, where do these "miracles" that you are complaining about supposedly come from if not from the God that you don't want to hear about?

How would a God of the universe even have time to put miracles on all the billions of planets? There has to be a better explanation for miracles then a God sitting in space inflicting miracles. :LOL:

Um. Please, I would enjoy an intelligent discussion, look up the definition of miracle in a dictionary. Again, please don't stop reading that definition after the first explanation. Continue reading the entirety of the numerous explanations of miracle.

It can also mean an extremely outstanding or unusual event or accomplishment. So taken from that a miracle can even be for example.
"Wow it is a miracle the Patriots didn't win the superbowl this year". So yea good point. A miracle isn't always a religious understanding.

Dec 30, 2019
Visit site
Just curious. Why is using BC & AD less scientific than BCE and CE?

Reactions: Patzcakes