Question Found Meteorite , how to get it verified.

Apr 1, 2020
Visit site
Are you sure it's a meteorite? How do you know if it actually is? Also, where did you find it?
Good morning

My daughter and I were driving on the highway around 9pm last October. She pointed out to the hills “ mommy look” I saw this glowing light falling from the sky behind the hills It was bright with a neon green tail

And also heard a boom noise, a few days later I went looking around were I thought it had landed There were no other rocks around Saw the rock I have now
I did all the test I read online.
they all passed
Streak Test
Magnet test
Very heavy
The way it looked
Black crust on it

I’m not certain if it is one. But would love to know if it is or not

thank you

Reactions: HeckSpawn
Apr 1, 2020
Visit site
Good morning

My daughter and I were driving on the highway around 9pm last October. She pointed out to the hills “ mommy look” I saw this glowing light falling from the sky behind the hills It was bright with a neon green tail

And also heard a boom noise, a few days later I went looking around were I thought it had landed There were no other rocks around Saw the rock I have now
they all passed
Streak Test
Magnet test
Very heavy
The way it looked
Black crust on it

thank you
Oh also I’m in a city called Martinez California. Also that was the time of the meteor Shower ( Orion’s Belt) I believe was the name

Nov 26, 2019
Visit site
When I was a little kid I was standing in the front yard and I looked up and seen a low flying sparkling, green, blue and red object go over my house.. I could hear it crackling as it went over.. My Dad said it was a Meteor. It seemed big and very visible.. We were living in a non-populated area and I searched but never found anything. Its really populated now. I think it burned up and disappeared.. Its been years later and I can still seen those beautiful sparks flying over my head.. It was a Wonderful experience..

Jun 22, 2020
Visit site
Good morning

they all passed
Streak Test
Magnet test
Very heavy
The way it looked
Black crust on it

thank you

If you know of someone with a rock saw, have them cut off just a small sample to send in that shows the interior structure...as they probably will not return the sample you provide. BTW, that is an interesting looking specimen! I have dealt with Eric Twelker of The Meteorite Market, and found him to be knowledgeable and professional. So you may want to review his internet site info... and he will likely accept a sample if you go through the testing procedure first (as you have). http://www.meteoritemarket.com/
Other potential locations:

Reactions: Carol Cleon