Flu shot has an unexpected benefit in combating the new coronavirus

Mar 7, 2020
Visit site
The Flu Vaccine's most common side effect are Flu Like Symptoms. Do we need patients with Flu Like Symptoms to require medical attention during the end of the Flu Season?
Would not it be better to spend our resources on prevention during the COVID-19 event?
In My Opinion.

Reactions: Sleet
Mar 7, 2020
Visit site
Honestly, this is an irresponsible headline that seemingly gives validity to one of the most inane questions asked by an idiot President. Most people don't read articles, just headlines, so this will just validate to them how intelligent their President actually is while ignoring how scientifically uninformed the question was.

Also, as someone else pointed out, and as anyone who has gotten a flu shot knows, flu-like symptoms are a common side effect of the vaccine as your body builds immunity. Do we really want more people to have those symptoms, possibly rushing for care or testing or even masking and actual COVID-19 infection?

I usually love this site. Today I'm very disappointed.

Reactions: Bixbyte
Mar 7, 2020
Visit site
The Flu Vaccine's most common side effect are Flu Like Symptoms. Do we need patients with Flu Like Symptoms to require medical attention during the end of the Flu Season?
Would not it be better to spend our resources on prevention during the COVID-19 event?
In My Opinion.
An intelligent opinion, better thought out than the whole of this article.

Reactions: Bixbyte
Mar 7, 2020
Visit site
If you did get a flu shot but still end up catching the flu anyway, you might not actually have the flu. You might have this SARS 2 thing that seems to be going around.

CFB

Mar 5, 2020
Visit site
In My Opinion.

The flu shots common side effects do not include flu like symptoms. If you think it does, you haven't had the flu in a long time. In the vast majority of cases, some redness/soreness at the site of injection, a very mild fever and not much else is what you would feel. Someone with the full blown flu would have respiratory distress, serious body aches, mucus out the wazoo, and not at all look like someone "suffering from flu-like symptoms from a flu shot".

Honestly, this is an irresponsible headline that seemingly gives validity to one of the most inane questions asked by an idiot President. Most people don't read articles, just headlines, so this will just validate to them how intelligent their President actually is while ignoring how scientifically uninformed the question was.

Also, as someone else pointed out, and as anyone who has gotten a flu shot knows, flu-like symptoms are a common side effect of the vaccine as your body builds immunity. Do we really want more people to have those symptoms, possibly rushing for care or testing or even masking and actual COVID-19 infection?

I usually love this site. Today I'm very disappointed.
Sleet, speaking of being "Scientifically uninformed"
I find the Science world today being "
Uninformed. Boasting themselves to be wise, they have become fools.
I have an encyclopedia published in 1953 that states "we know that there is life on mars, for this is evident due to the seasonal color change of the planet. In 1963 Scientist declared that humans evolved from Apes.
Genetic research has since stated
that we did not come from Apes but rather, all humans came from one female. The big bang has now been debunked since new evidence indicates that the universe is increasing in expasion rather than decreasing.
Now Scientist are saying the Universe may continue to expand forever. Explain that one.
Now you are in the realm of GOD.

I don't know if they can claim this as fact yet. And we are just going to end up spreading more panic if they get symptoms from their flu shot and run to the hospital. People posting that are correct. Do we want thousands racing to hospitals and making the truly ill people not get fast treatment??? PLUS they may be racing right in to getting the corona virus from people in hospital that DO truly have it.
Here's what keeps throwing me---if we can have a few weeks before we show signs, then we get it and recover, but you find out your family member got it as you were healed. THEN THIS COULD JUST GO ON FOREVER. Now they claim people can get it again? This is going to be such a battle to fight and hopefully eradicate.
Personally I am not nearly as afraid of this virus as I am what we witnessed in Italy yesterday. The riot at prison and people panicking. The PANIC is what will create most of our problems. People will walk off jobs for fear of getting it, then what?? Everything grinds to a halt and we have the TOTAL CHAOS we witnessed after the hurricane of New Orleans. That crowd lost it in around 3 days and became d*** near crazy and uncivilized. THE PANIC IS GOING TO BE MUCH MORE DANGEROUS THAN THE VIRUS.,in my opinion...

Reactions: Shiiv
Mar 6, 2020
Visit site
Sleet, speaking of being "Scientifically uninformed"
I find the Science world today being "
Uninformed. Boasting themselves to be wise, they have become fools.
I have an encyclopedia published in 1953 that states "we know that there is life on mars, for this is evident due to the seasonal color change of the planet. In 1963 Scientist declared that humans evolved from Apes.
Genetic research has since stated
that we did not come from Apes but rather, all humans came from one female. The big bang has now been debunked since new evidence indicates that the universe is increasing in expasion rather than decreasing.
Now Scientist are saying the Universe may continue to expand forever. Explain that one.
Now you are in the realm of GOD.
You mean that scientific statements are bad because they are improved from time to time? That's a positive! The more we study and improve them, the better our conclusions will be. That's science's greatest strength. We can improve upon what our ancestors found, to better understand our place in the world.

Mar 13, 2020
Visit site
wow
maybe folk choose what they do and do not read on this forum but do yourself a favour

DO NOT GET LAST YEARS FLU JAB

go read my post ,and before the keyboard doctors pile in with it beig seasonal flu ,,,,,think again

Mar 13, 2020
Visit site
The Flu Vaccine's most common side effect are Flu Like Symptoms.

it's a viral infection which this year has every symptom of coronavirus ,from start to finish

don't believe me

get a healthy person give him/her the flu jag{ 2019) within 5 days you will feel lethargic
by the 6th 7th day you will have the sweats a sore throat and headaches ,aching muscles

These will pass within a few days but the persistant cough and runny nose , the lethargic and muscle aches will stay and this will take over followed by breathlessness
you will find it worse when you lie down and harder to breath

after a week you will have a crackling in the lungs when you breath and after you have sought medical help like i did

you will be lethargic/tired and weak 14 weeks after you first had the jag

for all the ones who claim get the flu jag and this has nothing to do with the seasonal flu jag, i say go ahead give it a try

then come on and tell us how you feel

i and others have all had it and each had the exact same symtoms

Mar 6, 2020
Visit site

it's a viral infection which this year has every symptom of coronavirus ,from start to finish

don't believe me

get a healthy person give him/her the flu jag{ 2019) within 5 days you will feel lethargic
by the 6th 7th day you will have the sweats a sore throat and headaches ,aching muscles

These will pass within a few days but the persistant cough and runny nose , the lethargic and muscle aches will stay and this will take over followed by breathlessness

after a week you will have a crackling in the lungs when you breath and after you have sought medical help like i did

for all the ones who claim get the flu jag and this has nothing to do with the seasonal flu jag, i say go ahead give it a try

I had the same flu shot and felt nothing. Maybe this is an isolated event. I feel sorry that you seem to have negatively reacted to it, but the flu shot is an important part of staying healthy.
Also, it could have been something else. Correlation does not imply causation.

Mar 13, 2020
Visit site
I had the same flu shot and felt nothing. Maybe this is an isolated event. I feel sorry that you seem to have negatively reacted to it, but the flu shot is an important part of staying healthy.
Also, it could have been something else. Correlation does not imply causation.
A closed mind is a terrible thing

Jim_Robinson

BANNED
Apr 12, 2020
Visit site

don't believe me

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience with the flu shot. I never got a flu-shot in my life, so I cannot comment. Other vaccines also made me feel "weird" for 2 days, but nothing bad.

The symptoms you list do not sound like they are attributed to the current Covid-19, sounds more like a bad flu to me. Perhaps you had both, the flu and covid-19. We are living in great times. 🥳