Fleeing from the coronavirus is dangerous. Here's why.

Urquiola

BANNED
Jan 18, 2020
Visit site
An Arab tale is about a man who, while walking in Sidon, meets his death, who shows an expression of surprise. The frightened man rides whole night, and when arriving to Damascus, meets again death, it says: 'I knew I had to take you with me today in Damascus, this is why I was so surprised when I met you far away'

If no cure is found, and mortality differs a lot from place to place, in Spain is around 3% of cases, worse in Italy, some 1% in the USA, the quarantine measures could blunt the spread, good for not having health care services stuck, but until the number of contagions and deaths reaches a part of susceptible population high enough as to difficult for virus finding new hosts, outbreak will continue.

The restrictions implemented will for sure push to bankruptcy many companies, from lack of cashflow; as the dynamics of contagion slowdown, then regrow, can be calculated, a prospective good enough of the economy contraction can be built; simply this is much worse than the 2008 crisis of mortgages to ninjas (no income, no job, no assets), and even worse than the 1929 crack.
Be prepared for food coupons, charity restaurants, consider growing vegetables in your backyard, as Ralph Nader, and Germans did in city parks and gardens during WW II.

There could be many Scrooge McDucks' 'Money storages' who could lend money for a while, I guess the dimension of catastrophe coming is such, that even the greatest tycoons will run out of money, if they purchase businesses, properties, gold, at bargain prices, they'll have no customers for products but themselves.
The scenario is even worse than the complain by Thomas Jefferson: 'Banks, first with inflation, then with depression, will end owning everything, and we will have to pay them a rent for living in our own house'
Damn leeches, vampires, vultures, Koch rods! Agur

Mar 27, 2020
Visit site
Not going to work like 1929. You are in a society where everyone has become accustomed to guns and violence. Where today's generation is all about themselves, as also proven by how they reacted to the news of the Virus.
No, it will not be about who can buy what. it will be about who has the largest militia, who is willing to do the most killing to get what they want.
That is why I am in complete disagreement with the Government. You do not shut down the economy, no, you leave it open and require everyone to wear a mask and gloves for two weeks.
No one is allowed into a store without having a mask and gloves on. No one is allowed to work without a mask and gloves on. You know what, the economy continues, the Virus is gone. Story over, time to move on.

Urquiola

BANNED
Jan 18, 2020
Visit site
Not going to work like 1929. You are in a society where everyone has become accustomed to guns and violence. Where today's generation is all about themselves, as also proven by how they reacted to the news of the Virus.
No, it will not be about who can buy what. it will be about who has the largest militia, who is willing to do the most killing to get what they want.
That is why I am in complete disagreement with the Government. You do not shut down the economy, no, you leave it open and require everyone to wear a mask and gloves for two weeks.
No one is allowed into a store without having a mask and gloves on. No one is allowed to work without a mask and gloves on. You know what, the economy continues, the Virus is gone. Story over, time to move on.
No, it wil be much worse than 1929, but it seems many are self-confident, self-righteous, in their money reserves will allow them buying everything at bargain prices. The time for vampires and vultures is gone, some may end begging to pay for a rope to hang themselves. Agur