Faux Panic-demic

NY, NJ, MA and CA together have more Covid-19 cases than the entire rest of the United States.
NY, NJ and MI together have more Covid-19 deaths than the entire rest of the United States.
The top ten states have 72% of the cases and 76% of the deaths.
New York state is in sixth place among global deaths. Good job!!
Why?
BLUE states and BLUE cities with BLUE administrations.
Coincidence is cause, is that not correct?
Covid-19 is NOT a US national problem.

The United States, Italy, Spain and Germany together have more confirmed Covid-19 cases and more Covid-19 deaths than the entire rest of the world combined.
Covid-19 is NOT a “global” pandemic.

Shutting down the entire US and global economies was driven by the speculative and erroneous theories of “experts” that Covid-19 spread exponentially when the data was clearly second order.
Much like IPCC’s RCP 8.5, a computer model stacked on assumptions with a 0.1% connection to reality.

Then the public and politicians were stampeded to the precautionary principle by a fake news MSM propaganda machine intent on getting Trump.

Top Ten 042320.jpg

Apr 17, 2020
Visit site
New York (especially New York), New Jersey, and Massachusetts all have a lot of cases, and a lot of deaths. And that is skewing things a bit when you start looking at the country as a whole. Michigan does too - and that might warrant some investigation. California is also a larger state in terms of area - it's not as much of a concern to me as the three east coast states.

But you're right. The media is focusing on these bad areas and then that is putting fear in the rest of Americans. The other states, aren't necessarily that bad. Not great, but not in the same situation as New York. Illinois has 39,658 cases and 1,795 deaths - that's not exactly a shining declaration. But Texas has 22,806 cases and only 593 deaths - that's really not that bad.

I didn't have a problem with the governments in the country shutting everything down. I think that was the right move. At the time, the data from China and Italy was saying that it was going to get bad if we didn't do something. I don't fault governments and doctors and smart people that the governments turned to help make these decisions for making that decision. But I think the models turned out to be wrong (and that happens, ask any scientist if the results of an experiment behaved exactly as their first model indicated... most of the time they don't).

At the very least, we don't know if the models were right or wrong, because we shut everything down before the virus had a chance to really take hold. So we don't know if social distancing caused the numbers to be a lot lower than we expected or if the virus just doesn't behave like we thought it would.

That's why I think you need to start opening some things up, cautiously. I would only open things up where you have excess vacant hospital capacity - in case things do go south quickly. And with the caveat that those places that open up might have to be shut down again. But we need the data to help figure this out.

Now, obviously there are certain areas - New York being one of them, with New Jersey and Massachusetts not too far behind - that are too overwhelmed at the moment to even think about opening up. And there are probably other areas - like Illinois, California, Michigan, Pennsylvania, probably most of the states - that probably need to take a few more weeks and re-evaluate their situation. But there are a handful of states that can probably open things up a bit and see what happens.

If social distancing is not what caused lower than expected numbers, then we wrecked the economy and continue to wreck the economy for no reason. We need to find out if that is the case

When this all started I remember seeing a few doctors commenting that for most people the symptoms would be mild. They were not the ones standing in front of banks of microphones.

There were undoubtedly many medical professionals who were skeptical, but remained silent considering the way skepticism is treated in the climate change world. Why trash your career over something that you cannot change and will blow over by the end of the year?

Skeptics are marginalized, demonized, threatened, disemployed and the lying, fact free, science illiterate, fake news MSM just piles on.

The US Covid-19 asymptomatic ratio runs over 85%. That means 85% of the cases don't end up in the hospital or morgue. Very early on it was obvious that the very old with serious health issues were most at risk and most of the population was not. Couldn't tell that from the hysterical, panic inducing MSM.

Money, politics, MSM, PC education have stifled the scientific process, a loss for all concerned.

A free press has a responsibility to deliver balanced factual information to protect us from abusive and corrupt business and government.

Who/what protects us from an irresponsible, abusive and corrupt press?

Apr 7, 2020
Visit site
New York (especially New York), New Jersey, and Massachusetts all have a lot of cases, and a lot of deaths. And that is skewing things a bit when you start looking at the country as a whole. Michigan does too - and that might warrant some investigation. California is also a larger state in terms of area - it's not as much of a concern to me as the three east coast states.

But you're right. The media is focusing on these bad areas and then that is putting fear in the rest of Americans. The other states, aren't necessarily that bad. Not great, but not in the same situation as New York. Illinois has 39,658 cases and 1,795 deaths - that's not exactly a shining declaration. But Texas has 22,806 cases and only 593 deaths - that's really not that bad.

I didn't have a problem with the governments in the country shutting everything down. I think that was the right move. At the time, the data from China and Italy was saying that it was going to get bad if we didn't do something. I don't fault governments and doctors and smart people that the governments turned to help make these decisions for making that decision. But I think the models turned out to be wrong (and that happens, ask any scientist if the results of an experiment behaved exactly as their first model indicated... most of the time they don't).

At the very least, we don't know if the models were right or wrong, because we shut everything down before the virus had a chance to really take hold. So we don't know if social distancing caused the numbers to be a lot lower than we expected or if the virus just doesn't behave like we thought it would.

That's why I think you need to start opening some things up, cautiously. I would only open things up where you have excess vacant hospital capacity - in case things do go south quickly. And with the caveat that those places that open up might have to be shut down again. But we need the data to help figure this out.

Now, obviously there are certain areas - New York being one of them, with New Jersey and Massachusetts not too far behind - that are too overwhelmed at the moment to even think about opening up. And there are probably other areas - like Illinois, California, Michigan, Pennsylvania, probably most of the states - that probably need to take a few more weeks and re-evaluate their situation. But there are a handful of states that can probably open things up a bit and see what happens.

If social distancing is not what caused lower than expected numbers, then we wrecked the economy and continue to wreck the economy for no reason. We need to find out if that is the case

Apr 7, 2020
Visit site
You are correct. This not a global pandemic. It is a predominantly, developed, and/or affluent nation pandemic. There is a good reason for that. I wrote a paper explaining the reason and what can be done about it. I tried to email the paper with literature references to POTUS, WHO, governors, publications. They are all too busy to even open the emails because of the pandemic. I guess they might read the emails after the pandemic is over but then they won't need them.

It is shocking to see how worthless our multi-trillion dollar communication technology is if you cannot submit a crucial suggestion to anyone in the United States.

I even called the FBI to see if they can break the communication logjam. I could not get past the switchboard. "our department does handle such issues" even after explaining the life-saving implications. I grew up in the third world and migrated to the USA. So I have a special insight. It is a nightmare for me to see the unnecessary carnage.

When this all started I remember seeing a few doctors commenting that for most people the symptoms would be mild. They were not the ones standing in front of banks of microphones.

There were undoubtedly many medical professionals who were skeptical, but remained silent considering the way skepticism is treated in the climate change world. Why trash your career over something that you cannot change and will blow over by the end of the year?

Skeptics are marginalized, demonized, threatened, disemployed and the lying, fact free, science illiterate, fake news MSM just piles on.

The US Covid-19 asymptomatic ratio runs over 85%. That means 85% of the cases don't end up in the hospital or morgue. Very early on it was obvious that the very old with serious health issues were most at risk and most of the population was not. Couldn't tell that from the hysterical, panic inducing MSM.

Money, politics, MSM, PC education have stifled the scientific process, a loss for all concerned.

A free press has a responsibility to deliver balanced factual information to protect us from abusive and corrupt business and government.

Who/what protects us from an irresponsible, abusive and corrupt press?
citation needed on climate change not existing?

(this article does use a primary source, a human who works on this topic and the general scientific community's outlook on the endpoint)

The virus itself won't likely blow over by the end of the year, just the pandemic state will. Untill there are vaccines, it won't ever go away. I consider myself a skeptic because I don't accept any claim untill evidence is provided. My family has sent me unfact-checked articles and I've had to ask them to show me the bibliogrphy. Pseudoscience is everywhere and it is important to ask for that citation when someone presents a claim.

Looking into it using source methods will help you fight irresposible journalism and clickbait nonsense. Primary sources and finding those lowest roots of the evidence are great was to check the validity of something.

You are correct. This not a global pandemic. It is a predominantly, developed, and/or affluent nation pandemic. There is a good reason for that. I wrote a paper explaining the reason and what can be done about it. I tried to email the paper with literature references to POTUS, WHO, governors, publications. They are all too busy to even open the emails because of the pandemic. I guess they might read the emails after the pandemic is over but then they won't need them.

It is shocking to see how worthless our multi-trillion dollar communication technology is if you cannot submit a crucial suggestion to anyone in the United States.

I even called the FBI to see if they can break the communication logjam. I could not get past the switchboard. "our department does handle such issues" even after explaining the life-saving implications. I grew up in the third world and migrated to the USA. So I have a special insight. It is a nightmare for me to see the unnecessary carnage.
Can I read the paper? I may not be a science journal but I do find it interesting! (look up Rio Journal, I think they accept well-reasarched papers from the general public)

Mar 21, 2020
Visit site
It's not a global pandemic???? Covid-19 knows no borders, will be spread via carriers of the virus travelling through out the world. Currently, it will be contained by the infected dying, developing an immunity, early identification with reliable testing and quarantine. Eventually and hopefully, a vaccine will work to immunize most people...but then there's always the anti-vaxers who will depend on the herd immunity. So it may never totally disappear.

And it's mainly the "blue" states that are heavily hit, implying some political connection? These are coastal states, either larger in size or more condensed populations, receiving thousands of travelers bringing in the virus.

There's a lot of countries around the world showing the virus has reached them, plus we can safely assume that there are some countries that are not yet set up to collect the numbers. Check up the stats below.

Last edited: