Extremely rare albino dolphin spotted in Africa, possibly for the 1st time ever

Apr 19, 2023
Visit site
It clearly isn't a true albino and it isn't solid white at all. I'd say it was more of a silvery sheen with slightly darker patches and furthermore it has a very distinct patch on its side visible in one of the photos which is yellow in colour not to mention yellow colouration around its mouth and the tips of its fins. Either whoever wrote these observations didn't know what they were talking about or they simply didn't look closer. Poor effort either way.

Feb 13, 2023
Visit site
It clearly isn't a true albino and it isn't solid white at all. I'd say it was more of a silvery sheen with slightly darker patches and furthermore it has a very distinct patch on its side visible in one of the photos which is yellow in colour not to mention yellow colouration around its mouth and the tips of its fins. Either whoever wrote these observations didn't know what they were talking about or they simply didn't look closer. Poor effort either way.

"The dolphin's solid white coloration hints that it is a true albino, rather than being leucistic, Erich Hoyt, a research fellow at Whale and Dolphin Conservation (WDC) in the U.K. and author of the "Encyclopedia of Whales, Dolphins and Porpoises (opens in new tab)," (Firefly Books, 2017) told Live Science in an email. "

But I guess an arm chair Zoologist Cetacean expert such as yourself knows better.

Reactions: cecilia fx
Dec 20, 2022
Visit site
This is way over the top for someone looking at pictures on the internet, and contradicting a subject-matter expert.