Extinction threatens one in five reptile species, researchers say

This kind of research is used to promote climate theory. And it's another silly attempt. Here's a fact one should consider. 99% of all life forms that have existed on earth, are now extinct.

Species Extinction is a normal earth process. Man caused extinction is less than a fraction of .001%.

If humans were not here, there would still be extinctions. Even without a political agenda. Or CO2.

Extinction is the politics of Earth's nature, not man's. All life comes......and goes, with a short duration.

The "doorway" to extinction can not be blocked and will always remain open.

Reactions: Snorrie
Hayseed's points in post #3 are accurate and well taken. My opinion is that H. Sapiens is accelerating the time to our extinction. Basically, as the Sun's luminosity increases and the habitable zone shifts, all complex life will face an extinction event. Current "guess-ta-ment" for the planet is about 800 Meg years from now. Speeding up that process for H. Sapiens, mainly via overpopulation, rapacious finite resource use and global habitat destruction is what concerns me. I have neither solutions nor sufficient answers. Here's the reference: "The Ends of The World" by Peter Brannen.

800 Meg yrs. We won't make that. Out technology has exceeded our understanding of it. This is the human race greatest danger. Beyond any doubt.

With today's tools and tech, a few in a lab, could wipe the earth of all humans without a shot or explosion. Our tools have always destroyed.

The only natural danger would be an asteroid or a geologic event to quickly, overwhelm the environment, such as lots of volcanoes at once. And as always, a chunk of Sol itself, could wipe our atmosphere.

We have centuries of fossil fuel, in which all deny. Few realize that with today's best fracking tech, we still leave over 60% of the product in the well. For tomorrows tech. Why do our experts always deny future tech? The did the same before fracking. We opened up huge coal fields for the lack of oil, remember? We STILL leave 60% in there. The peek oil threat was mis-represented to the public. Remember how we were going to have to get all of our oil products from coal. How all our industries were going to have to change? But the lack of oil was not true. We just couldn't figure out how to get it. The experts were telling us to change our whole economy, remember? Does this sound familiar?

We also have all the metals we need. With new tech, many will come from sea water. The only reason we are short now, is not being allowed to access ore deposits, that's the only reason. Right now, if people live there, you can not mine. AND, if people don't live there, you can not mine. Greenland, or Antarctica might have huge century long deposits. But don't touch them. Sorry, we can't bring billions of people into modern life without metals.

And we are finding new farming techniques, with promising and even amazing results. Community year round indoor controlled farming might very well be possible. Even with limited labor needed. Automated farming. Consistent year round veggies.

And even now, we have the cheap tech, to cool the earth, for the worried of us. This tech does not move heat around, it ejects heat into space, and it can't come back. But without understanding, it's another danger.

Pragmatically, the earth is in great shape for the future. If our social ideology and technology doesn't kill us.

I believe billions can prosper. But we have to be willing to accept and adapt to what the future presents us with.

Reactions: Snorrie