Experts are certain 2023 will be 'the warmest year in recorded history

Dec 8, 2023
Visit site
Let's be correct. 2023 will be the warmest year if you don't count anything that happened before 1979. (The year global satellite temps were monitored.) C3S uses climate models - not actual temperature records - to come up with their conclusions. Mentioning the highly discredited Michael Mann as a source (remember the 'hokey' stick?) drags down the validity of this article.

Reactions: Debed
Dec 8, 2023
Visit site
As I understand it the "recorded history" the Climate alarmists like to refer to begin in the mid 19th century, roughly 150 years ago.
For whatever reason they choose to utterly ignore the Paleocene–Eocene Thermal Maximum and the fact that sea levels have been hundreds of meters higher than today.

Reactions: Debed
Dec 8, 2023
Visit site
Weatherguy's contribution is counterfactual. The data is not all from post-1979 satellite data.

As the Copernicus website says, "Vast amounts of global data from satellites and ground-based, airborne, and seaborne measurement systems provide information to help service providers, public authorities, and other international organisations improve European citizens' quality of life and beyond. The information services provided are free and openly accessible to users." https://www.copernicus.eu/en/about-copernicus

Meanwhile, Mr Jacobs should know the Paleocene–Eocene Thermal Maximum took place about 55 millions years ago, when the C02 rates, were several times higher than today. They were probably linked to volcanic degassing, as the North Atlantic Ocean opened, which was a vast geological event.

Dec 8, 2023
Visit site
Paleocene–Eocene Thermal Maximum did of course take place millions of years ago. Making the oft repeated claim we are experiencing the "highest temps on record" rather... misleading.

Dec 8, 2023
Visit site
Jay Jacob,
You're misquoting and misreading them.
They say, "Experts are certain 2023 will be 'the warmest year in recorded history." History means, written down; documented. If you read their website, NASA’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s National Climactic Data Center and the UK Meteorological Office’s Hadley Centre, you will see they all mean readings taken from instruments since 1880. This means the warmest year since 1880.
The fundamental difference is that the Paleocene–Eocene Thermal Maximum was caused by natural processes. These changes are caused by human activity.

Dec 8, 2023
Visit site
I believe repeating the claim we're experiencing the "warmest temps in 'recorded history' ", while never mentioning the earth has in fact been much warmer historically, is intentional. Almost certainly to influence the masses in to accepting more centralized authoritarianism and ever more punitive 'climate' taxes.
There are plenty of well-versed scientists that are not on board with the "science is settled humans are the sole cause of the warming" mantra.

While climate is hardly my area of expertise, I do think humans do contribute to climate change but are by no means solely responsible for it. Nor can I imagine how more centralized control and taxes, administered by incompetent bureaucrats, is going to solve climate change. Any more than the same combination has solved ...well...anything that I am aware of.

Dec 8, 2023
Visit site
Climate scientists do discuss the fact that the Earth has been warmer (and colder) than now. On their websites, the agencies I reverenced: European Copernicus, NASA’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies, the USA National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s National Climactic Data Center and the UK Meteorological Office’s Hadley Centre all discuss these matters in clear language. Maybe you could find some time to check one or two of them out. It’s an amazing and exciting story.

Do scientists agree on climate change? According to NASA, "Yes, the vast majority of actively publishing climate scientists – 97 percent – agree that humans are causing global warming and climate change. Most of the leading science organizations around the world have issued public statements expressing this, including international and U.S. science academies, the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, and a whole host of reputable scientific bodies around the world. A list of these organizations is provided here."
<https://climate.nasa.gov/faq/17/do-...majority of,global warming and climate change.>

However, I have met three who do not agree. The problem is that I can never get them to form a coherent sentence as to why.

I don’t myself think democracy is as bad as you say but I do agree it has it’s problems.

Aug 7, 2020
Visit site
Let's be correct. 2023 will be the warmest year if you don't count anything that happened before 1979. (The year global satellite temps were monitored.) C3S uses climate models - not actual temperature records - to come up with their conclusions. Mentioning the highly discredited Michael Mann as a source (remember the 'hokey' stick?) drags down the validity of this article.
That´s correct.
¨Global warming¨ is an agenda 2030 big HOAX and there is NOT any CO2 crisis.

Aug 7, 2020
Visit site
So how much are they paying these so called "Experts". Because science today only revolves around money and not actual science.
That´s correct, there are no any scientific prove that climate change is real... and there is not any CO2 crisis either... in fact: BOTH ARE an Agenda 2030 HOAXS!