Even if you test negative for COVID-19, assume you have it, experts say

Mar 25, 2020
Visit site
This is one of the craziest, twisted, brainwashed ideas I've heard. No way should any of us who are healthy and having stayed at home for the last 40 days, assume we have the virus. This kind of thinking only advances fear, anxiety, and misunderstanding.

Having said that, testing (in all it's forms) should continue to be expanded to provide Proof that those of us who are NOT infected or sick should continue to be able to gather and get back to work. I'd suggest a card signifying that a person is virus free.

The people who clearly did not listen w/regards to stay at home, or social distancing orders over the last 6 weeks put all of us more at risk, AND extended our stays at home (away from work and play). Though there are always some who do not listen, or create issues, I'd really like to "expletive deletive" these people up.

Caz

Apr 27, 2020
Visit site
Something quite different said here:
https://thebridgelifeinthemix.info/…/evidence-covid-19-pand…
Silver bullet 6
The test currently used for diagnosing coronavirus infections, the so-called SARS-CoV-2 Coronavirus Multiplex RT-qPCR Kit, should only be used for research and not for diagnostics according to its makers. No wonder, since studies have shown to give 80% false positives. In other words it diagnoses inaccurately 8 out of 10 times, which means that Joe the plumber could do better than that.
https://www.creative-diagnostics.com/sars-cov-2-coronavirus…

Apr 17, 2020
Visit site
The problem with the active, molecular, cotton swab up your nose test is even if you test negative... you can still get the virus later.

Someone can drive up to a testing facility get tested, be negative at that moment. Drive down the road a bit, go in the grocery store, and get infected then.

This is why the calls for widespread active-virus testing is a real head scratcher for me. Antibodies testing makes sense. I definitely understand that there's no real reliable antibodies test out there. But what would happen if we spent less time focusing on active-virus testing and more time on research and development of a reliable antibodies test?

Can't do a reliable antibodies test? Then let's start focusing on the number of active cases that are really bad... as in people that have to be admitted to the hospital or into ICU because of this virus and quit trying to scare the rest of the public into thinking that this virus is some world-ending "Captain Trips" virus. I'm sure this virus isn't pleasant to deal with at home... but neither is the flu. Let's add a bit of perspective to this.