Does gravity exist without matter?

Nov 27, 2019
Visit site
Can't see how since it's a distortion of space that's caused BY matter.
So gravity would not exist without matter? Just seems like it’s always there and with matter we can detect it. I don’t see how matter would create gravity. Seems like with matter we can “see“ gravity, but without matter, gravity would still be there. I’m still pondering this and probably will all day long.

Nov 27, 2019
Visit site
So gravity would not exist without matter? Just seems like it’s always there and with matter we can detect it. I don’t see how matter would create gravity. Seems like with matter we can “see“ gravity, but without matter, gravity would still be there. I’m still pondering this and probably will all day long.
Matter might give gravity its “weight” and obviousness, but the gravity force would still be out there. Just nothing to make it obvious???

Nov 27, 2019
Visit site
I need to understand spacetime better. Any hints are appreciated.. And I do know gravity as a “force” has not been worked out yet. I wonder why gravity is so hard to figure out.

Nov 27, 2019
Visit site
Gravity is literally the bend in the fabric of spacetime.
OK, so it’s not a particle or a wave reacting or causing things to happen? Gravity is a result of whatever’s around it? Spacetime first, then things happened to and in spacetime? If my novice questions get on anyone’s nerves, it won’t hurt my feelings. I know I have a lot more learning to do. Sure am curious.

Nov 27, 2019
Visit site
OK, so it’s not a particle or a wave reacting or causing things to happen? Gravity is a result of whatever’s around it? Spacetime first, then things happened to and in spacetime? If my novice questions get on anyone’s nerves, it won’t hurt my feelings. I know I have a lot more learning to do. Sure am curious.
One last thought. Why don’t they call the fourth force “spacetime” instead of “gravity?”

Dec 30, 2019
Visit site
We at least think we have measured the speed of gravity/ equal to the speed of light. We think we have seen the effect of gravity: But I think always with matter. But how much matter must be in play for us to perceive gravity? Quantum gravity or to little matter to matter?

In Quantum physics everything in the world is made of 12 quarks , Leptons and force particles. These exist in various combinations on a nano scale. It is the force particle that gives everything mass and weight. The CERN collider in Geneva, Switzerland the scientists think they have found a force particle called it Higgs particle. This is what they call the god particle. Gravity ebbs and flows according to the mass and energy of an object. Drop a ten pound ball from a prescribed height as it falls the ball is weightless from the effects of gravity until it hits a condensed mass with a stronger gravitational field.

A simple analogy take a marble call it Mars and get a golf ball and call it Earth. Drop the marble in a pool of water and watch the ripple effect it is not that pronounced. Drop the golf ball into the water and the effect is more pronounced and extends out further from the impact. Earth's electromagnetic field extends 40 thousand miles into space whereas Mars gravitational field is not that pronounced it is basically a dying planet.

Nov 27, 2019
Visit site
Another way to think about gravity is that mass can bend light (weightless) but can light bend anything? I think not, but not sure. In other words, pure energy cant bend space time until it is condensed into mass. Any thoughts on if gravity waves are in their own category or are the on the E-M spectrum? They travel through a vaccuum of space.

Reactions: Truthseeker007
Nov 27, 2019
Visit site
But, gravity waves can travel through a void? But they can warp spacetime, which is how we measure their passing? How do we know they are gravity waves and not some other type? Maybe a new type?

Maybe this Universe itself revolves around an even greater space. I just know if this Earth were to stop in its tracks their wouldn't be much gravity. It seems the size of the planet and the inertia around the sun causes the weight which holds us down here. So the question would be what holds the Sun in space. Just some thoughts I am not read up to well on the science of gravity.lol!

Dec 23, 2019
Visit site
Maybe this Universe itself revolves around an even greater space. I just know if this Earth were to stop in its tracks their wouldn't be much gravity. It seems the size of the planet and the inertia around the sun causes the weight which holds us down here. So the question would be what holds the Sun in space. Just some thoughts I am not read up to well on the science of gravity.lol!

Every bit of matter-and-energy that moves relatively non-aligned to any other bit of matter-and-energy causes a gravitational interaction that creates a torque

Gravity causes rotation.