Does evolution ever go backward?

Jan 8, 2023
This is fascinating. Of course, from evolution 101 we know that organisms evolve to be best suited to their specific environment, so there's no real "backwards" and "forwards". The dinosaurs evolved and roamed the Earth for a long time until the impact event 65 million years ago, as theorized. Dinosaurs did not re-evolve after that, which proves that there was no real environmental incentive or impulsion for the recreation of dinosaurs.

Reactions: xolhid
Jan 15, 2023
Evolution isn't a mind or guided by one. There are no goals. It is a process guided only by selection pressures such as environmental factors. Therefore living things can't be more or less evolved. There is no forward or backward.

Reactions: rahullak
Jan 15, 2023
This is a fascinating theory. I have pondered the possibility of humankind having a "shelf life" or "outdate" attached to our "evolution". In the past three years I have noticed something quite different from what is being espoused by leading pundits concerning the current plight of humans.
I now believe there is an evolution of human endeavors culminating in what we see currently and that is the unsustainable goals of this present administration and their ilk. This debacle began approx. six decades ago and matured into what we are experiencing now.
It may be a degrading of humankind's genome left unchecked for too long. Now the toxicity of a progressed Marxist entity reveals what we have allowed to grow and rule America.
Much deeper than we are able to remedy. The cause lies beyond our ability to correctly recognize what we are struggling against. In this fashion of resistance, I see there is no way out. Our unnatural state will not allow the natural response of purging the proven destructive pathogen now threatening societies.
Reverse evolution is a rational theory but is in effect substantiated by an observation of ancient civilizations having gone through what we are experiencing. In every major society there comes the same generation completely irrational in their unsustainable views and bold in confrontation. America and the world are in this state mainly coming from a young generation basically lost and estranged from reality and predictable in weakening any populace allowing their degeneration to the point of endangering the entire sustainable society.

Reactions: Frank F
Jan 16, 2023
This is a fascinating theory. I have pondered the possibility of humankind having a "shelf life" or "outdate" attached to our "evolution". In the past three years I have noticed something quite different from what is being espoused by leading pundits concerning the current plight of humans.
I now believe there is an evolution of human endeavors culminating in what we see currently and that is the unsustainable goals of this present administration and their ilk. This debacle began approx. six decades ago and matured into what we are experiencing now.
It may be a degrading of humankind's genome left unchecked for too long. Now the toxicity of a progressed Marxist entity reveals what we have allowed to grow and rule America.
Much deeper than we are able to remedy. The cause lies beyond our ability to correctly recognize what we are struggling against. In this fashion of resistance, I see there is no way out. Our unnatural state will not allow the natural response of purging the proven destructive pathogen now threatening societies.
Reverse evolution is a rational theory but is in effect substantiated by an observation of ancient civilizations having gone through what we are experiencing. In every major society there comes the same generation completely irrational in their unsustainable views and bold in confrontation. America and the world are in this state mainly coming from a young generation basically lost and estranged from reality and predictable in weakening any populace allowing their degeneration to the point of endangering the entire sustainable society.
Most folks don't associate mental or psychological devolution. So, bravo to you! I grew up and lived in Calif and witnessed such decline over 5 decades. Staggering decline in cognition.

Reactions: Giovani
Jan 16, 2023
Since evolution does not exist, the answer would be No. There are no transitory species, humans did not evolve from apes, and life did not ooze onto the ground from some primordial puddle of lightning stricken goop.
God created the heavens and the earth and His proof is displayed every moment by looking upon His creation. Adam and Eve sinned and as a result the fallen world became what it is. Through Christ it will be restored. The Bible is the true Word of God.

Reactions: Giovani
Jan 15, 2023
Most folks don't associate mental or psychological devolution. So, bravo to you! I grew up and lived in Calif and witnessed such decline over 5 decades. Staggering decline in cognition.
Not many people even of PHD status would consider my observations. I realize my views border on a metaphysical nature due to the complexity involved in a degenerating genome.
You, Frank F. are a rare individual whose mind can except a wildly rational posit. Fascinating to examine whether this current world debacle, which appears to have evolved to toxic proportions over six decades, has appeared in history and records, letters, among many sources, and how they experienced true downfall from exactly what we are going through now in their own fashion.
The weakening always originates from the generation who didn't have the responsibilities and toil as the former did. The same deterioration took place as now by substandard individuals conducting themselves and saying things much as currently, only in a different way.

Jan 14, 2023
Purpose of evolution is survival, different species evolve in different ways because it serves their survival interests, for example animals that become household pets end up losing many abilities like hunting skills, become dumber in many ways, yet adapt and learn emotional intelligence from humans as well as speech recognition and other qualities. Animals farmed for food becomes less intelligent than the ones in wilderness, because they are fed and sheltered and only need to grow faster to genetically survive and used to produce the next generation. Many rodents and insects on the other hand became more advanced trying to survive alongside humans that seek to exterminate them. In other words, evolution can go both ways, depending on the species and the circumstances, that's how we have such diversity

Dec 20, 2022
Still deploring the hippies, are we?

Jan 15, 2023
Still deploring the hippies, are we?
Interesting you should state your comment in this fashion. All of the scourges currently plaguing America matured from the 60's. The degeneration began prior to that decade but has matured to toxic levels created by a race who has seen their zenith having already transpired.
There is no remedy for the world's plight. It's not a matter of politics, perversion, or even the deep state's diabolical designs. It is something we have no control over, and worldwide tumult is only an indicator of degeneration snowballing.
Our technology is outpacing us. As we experience this perhaps twilight of humankind, the things we have created will be our destroyers. Technology is rising while humans are declining. Even a glimpse of human character seals the posit.
This is not going away, in fact perplexity is setting in and we are finally cornered in tribulation which was recoverable in the past. As I mentioned, the maturation of seeded ills sixty years ago has provided the current and perpetual dead end to humankind.

ASK THE COMMUNITY