Does Consciousness Pervade the Universe?

Jan 15, 2020
Visit site
This idea of consciousness to me, implies the perception of time. At least to me, passage of time is tied to experience. Thinking about it that way, if you have a particle that does not experience time (photon) then that particle could have no experience, and have no consciousness?

Jan 15, 2020
Visit site
Fascinating question, and truly lies at the heart of what all religions, and great philosophers ponder...I am personally of the view that all matter, and the universe is a living, and conscious organism. I am still amazed by that famous 'dual slit' experiment, where the results of the experiment are 'spookishly' entangled with the presence and/or absence of the 'observer'.

Jan 15, 2020
Visit site
Should we ever be surprised one day when the universe responds to us with an 'E-L-E' gamma ray burst in response to the array of cross-spectral EM emissions we increasingly broadcast to all corners of the universe probing for the answers we desperately seek (gravitons, event horizons, black holes etc), and the universe may simply be saying hello back to us...

Jan 15, 2020
Visit site
Even our own sun and the planetary bodies which make up our 'solar system' may willfully attract, and re-direct large rocks directly in our path as a means of assisting the 'earth' rid itself of this 'cancer' called humans which have single
-handedly brought this 'blue rock' to its knees, and irreparably upset/destroyed nearly all inter-connected systems, and ecosystems that gave us life in the first place. The sun is aware and conscious of the plight, and trauma earth is enduring due to human dominion. A nice and overdue 'E-L-E' solar flare from the sun would be justified in response to earth's ongoing plight.

Consciousness can't be explained through physics. It can be explained only through biology. Every point of our skin is conscious since the moment anything pricks anywhere, we immediately come to know exact location where something has pricked us.

Jan 16, 2020
Visit site
Even our own sun and the planetary bodies which make up our 'solar system' may willfully attract, and re-direct large rocks directly in our path as a means of assisting the 'earth' rid itself of this 'cancer' called humans which have single
-handedly brought this 'blue rock' to its knees, and irreparably upset/destroyed nearly all inter-connected systems, and ecosystems that gave us life in the first place. The sun is aware and conscious of the plight, and trauma earth is enduring due to human dominion. A nice and overdue 'E-L-E' solar flare from the sun would be justified in response to earth's ongoing plight.
I follow your direction to a point. YES the sun and other planets produce a certain harmony within our solar system. However I think the "human" question of destruction and traumatizing our Earth/ our home is due to our lack of human evolution. Our human brains and behavior seem to be stuck in the kill or be-killed mentality. This applies to using other people, ecosystems, as "things" - our collective humanity needs to take a leap forward (alas, I don't know if there is enough time left for us humans.) Long ago I read Loren Eisley's "The Immense Journey." Great small book on history of life on Earth. He suggests that until humans stop killing each other we cannot take the next evolutionary step. As we enter the Age of Aquarius which is all about water, and we see the seas rising and the continents burning up we may indeed be witnessing the end of an era where the Earth is plundered for profit. My favorite modern quote is from the late, great Jimi Hendrix. "When the Power of Love Overcomes the Love of Power the World Will Know Peace" Peace Out

Jan 16, 2020
Visit site
What did the poor dinosaurs do to deserve their comeuppance? The influence of humans is insignificant compared to earthly and cosmic occurrences.

Reactions: Truthseeker007
The whole infinite amount of universes I think may be a production of consciousness and imagination. I guess the hard question would be how did consciousness start or has it always been?