Does anyone know what is growing on this crystal?

Feb 25, 2021
Visit site
This is growing on an amethyst from either Brazil or Uruguay. Can't seem to find what it's called. Slightly metallic and layer formed.
Any identification would be so helpful, thank you.IMG_7885.JPG

Have you inquired at a local college or university that teaches geology and biology? The picture seems to lack any definitive information that would help with identification. An interesting puzzle; good luck.

Reactions: petra4
Feb 25, 2021
Visit site
Have you inquired at a local college or university that teaches geology and biology? The picture seems to lack any definitive information that would help with identification. An interesting puzzle; good luck.

Hi Snorrie,

Unfortunately those great resources are not at my disposal currently.... I've attached a better photo. Interesting indeed, it seems to be translucent in the center and slightly metallic on the outside. Thanks! IMG_9282.JPG

Hi Snorrie,

Unfortunately those great resources are not at my disposal currently.... I've attached a better photo. Interesting indeed, it seems to be translucent in the center and slightly metallic on the outside. Thanks! View attachment 905
Here's my guess. Perhaps this sample is Citrine and Amethyst crystals called Ametrine which has a purple and yellow color. Also, let me suggest going to the internet to locate a gem stone dealer that sells to amateur gem stone collectors and to folks that attribute special properties to samples like you have. Such dealers may be able to accurately assess your sample and estimate its value.

Reactions: petra4
ukrasni-kamen-1.jpg

Can anyone tell which is this crystal that looks like a piece of cake