Question Do the living cells exist because of the proteins or is it the other way around?

Jan 11, 2020
Visit site
Houses and cities exist for (the) human beings to live, work, have relationships with each other, do their things.
I'm trying to show my students (Protein studies area) something of the sort about living cells and proteins. You know, all the cell's activities are done by proteins (catalysis, transport, regulation, synthesis, defense, "cleaning", their own synthesis, etc. ) But... some of my colleagues (Biomolecular area) say it's the other way around or they assure that it is for the DNA that cells exist. So... I'm trying to raise arguments and see what comes out of this... Make my students and I to exercise our neurons...

Nov 26, 2019
Visit site
Thank you for the question.

We must firstly take a look at the Nucleolus, and the Mitosis Process, it is within the multitude of processes which exact procreation, of which a plethora of Proteins, effect the emergence of Cells.

Hence, what came first "Chicken or egg", it is within the Dynamics of protein involvement, and interaction, that all cells are synthesized into existence.

The Proteins came first, as in the Miller/ Urey Exp 1952, proteins are the building blocks to life, and life commenced with the presentation of RNA, which in turn used proteins to develop a Cell.

Thank you.

Anthony Gerard Hudson.

Reactions: Celina Martin
Jan 11, 2020
Visit site
An amazing science lesson. thanks
Dear Sarajo! Is your answer a serious one or is it irony?
Myself I believe it's a different vision of the living beings. The cell as the work place where the proteins develop their activities all in order to live, to divide, to multiply. DNA is kept in the cell's nucleus like a store house with the most important informations - that is, the informations about the synthesis of the proteins themselves, the inhabitants of the cell. Could you please share your thoughts with me?

Nov 26, 2019
Visit site
Houses and cities exist for (the) human beings to live, work, have relationships with each other, do their things.
I'm trying to show my students (Protein studies area) something of the sort about living cells and proteins. You know, all the cell's activities are done by proteins (catalysis, transport, regulation, synthesis, defense, "cleaning", their own synthesis, etc. ) But... some of my colleagues (Biomolecular area) say it's the other way around or they assure that it is for the DNA that cells exist. So... I'm trying to raise arguments and see what comes out of this... Make my students and I to exercise our neurons...

It is for the DNA to use proteins, which the cell develops biosyntheses from, hence the DNA came first, (actually RNA did), however, this is the reason why the DNA, is centered within the nucleus.